Coronavirus

faraway saint

10 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

My wife was screening a guy before vaccination and he launched into a rant about needing to be convinced about the 2 jabs, wouldn't look at her and kept muttering as she spoke before he leapt to his feet shouting rubbish about having no faith in the system, he then hung about in the car park for 15 minutes before another nurse went to ask him if he had settled down as he could still be jabbed and to ask him  to leave if he wasn't going back.  this 6 foot plus guy has now accused the tiny woman of assault saying she tried to drag him back in (up 6 large steps).

Nutters everywhere. 

In Scotland cases continue to, slowly, decrease, deaths, flat lining, hospital admissions dropping and ICU cases dropping.

Despite this, the scaremongering continues with the new variant. 

New variants will continue to arrive for the foreseeable, the BBC loving the doomsday scenarios, as they have throughout.

Dropping hints about Christmas being a potential danger zone, despite another "expert" telling them it's less than likely.

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

In Scotland cases continue to, slowly, decrease, deaths, flat lining, hospital admissions dropping and ICU cases dropping.

Despite this, the scaremongering continues with the new variant. 

New variants will continue to arrive for the foreseeable, the BBC loving the doomsday scenarios, as they have throughout.

Dropping hints about Christmas being a potential danger zone, despite another "expert" telling them it's less than likely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-59548694

Naw, nut they love a reason to "isolate". :lol:

The unions and teachers act as one

Tried throughout covid to hold the government to ransom

Whatever government did , they protested against it to politically point score

Everyone else just about was at work and teachers were hiding !!

Even down here , teachers refused to do ZOOM/TEAMS teaching while at home as it ‘invaded their privacy’ ffs while parents tried to cling on to their jobs struggling to get child care

10 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Even down here , teachers refused to do ZOOM/TEAMS teaching while at home as it ‘invaded their privacy’ ffs while parents tried to cling on to their jobs struggling to get child care

I agree with the last bit as the all the school stuff was put on whatever platform they used and would be marked/checked, new work set at all times of day. Usually not within the school hours which the kids were expected to adhere to. Whilst eldest was at uni, all work was set remotely and I'm quite sure he never met any lecturers whilst he was there.

A Renfrewshire Council spokesperson said: "Todholm primary school will temporarily close tomorrow - Monday, December 6 for 5 days. This follows NHS Test and Protect contact tracing that requires members of the school community to self-isolate, including school staff.

Fuck all to do with the unions.

But feel free to continue making an arse of yourselves.:lol:

The only two days I've had off "sick" in the past ten years have been due to me being track and traced and forced to stay off against my will.

2 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

You must have shit teachers in England.

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

Fuck all to do with the unions.

But feel free to continue making an arse of yourselves.:lol:

The only two days I've had off "sick" in the past ten years have been due to me being track and traced and forced to stay off against my will.

Just as well or this total would have been even bigger.............................mental illness, the new "back pain" for getting time off. 

Mental health illness led to 21,983 days of staff absence in Courier Country schools in 2017-18, according to figures obtained by the Scottish Liberal Democrats.

Across Scotland, 395,330 teacher and support staff days have been lost for mental health reasons since 2015/16.

Just as well or this total would have been even bigger.............................mental illness, the new "back pain" for getting time off. 

Mental health illness led to 21,983 days of staff absence in Courier Country schools in 2017-18, according to figures obtained by the Scottish Liberal Democrats.

Across Scotland, 395,330 teacher and support staff days have been lost for mental health reasons since 2015/16.
Divulging those figures could make the folk that are suffering from mental health issues to feel guilty for being off, causing them anxiety and requiring more days off to recover. [emoji848]

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Divulging those figures could make the folk that are suffering from mental health issues to feel guilty for being off, causing them anxiety and requiring more days off to recover. emoji848.png

Indeed. 

Oh, for the younger forum members back pain was a regular reason for malingerers back in the day being very difficult to prove/disprove. 

Interesting hear that certain "experts" were using the high number of cases for today, in Scotland, as another way to frighten the public.

The fact is todays number is inflated with delayed cases from recent days.

Words like "tsunami" are used to scare, shameful TBH. 

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Edited by faraway saint

So, again, the BBC focusing on the speed that the new variant spreads, and "used" yesterdays "inflated" number to increase the anxiety levels of the public. 

Luckily enough one of the regular "experts" repeated the FACTS from South Africa.

High case numbers, very low real issues on hospital admissions/ICU and deaths.

Also he pointed out South Africa has much lower vaccination rates than the UK. :happyclapper

Add all that up and you'll, maybe, understand, why I think there's been a massive over reaction from the ginger ninja. 

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, again, the BBC focusing on the speed that the new variant spreads, and "used" yesterdays "inflated" number to increase the anxiety levels of the public. 

Luckily enough one of the regular "experts" repeated the FACTS from South Africa.

High case numbers, very low real issues on hospital admissions/ICU and deaths.

Also he pointed out South Africa has much lower vaccination rates than the UK. :happyclapper

Add all that up and you'll, maybe, understand, why I think there's been a massive over reaction from the ginger ninja. 

On the last bit, maybe so but she doesn't have lockdown parties that weren't parties really🙄

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A completely different issue but, nonetheless, the UK government have made a rip roaring cnut of themselves, no doubt. 

Yeah, sorry it was different issue. There are always going to be new strains of it. Unfortunately the media seem to close in on numbers instead of breaking it down to those who been vaccinated and have it to that lot , the antivaccers, etc who have it too. I'm sure the most that have it fall in to latter category. Clowns imo.

My daughters works night out was last night, 15 of them meant to be going, 6 turned up.

The venue had a been booked for 39 people, only 10 turned up, the food had been ordered before the latest decision from the Scottish government. :thumbsdown

After the last 19 months business's are on the borderline of survival, what a kick in the balls. 

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

My daughters works night out was last night, 15 of them meant to be going, 6 turned up.

The venue had a been booked for 39 people, only 10 turned up, the food had been ordered before the latest decision from the Scottish government. :thumbsdown

After the last 19 months business's are on the borderline of survival, what a kick in the balls. 

My mate was telling me that a works do last week of 60 people, that 17 of them have now tested positive.

Many venues aren't giving refunds, so are pocketing thousands, for a relatively small outlay. 

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

My mate was telling me that a works do last week of 60 people, that 17 of them have now tested positive.

Many venues aren't giving refunds, so are pocketing thousands, for a relatively small outlay. 

I hope it's the new variant they caught, less chance of ANYTHING happening to them to talk of.

I would imagine that your talking about deposits, small change to what they would have made when you add on drinks, so unlikely they'll be any profit in that approach. 

I hope it's the new variant they caught, less chance of ANYTHING happening to them to talk of.

You say that, faraway, but my son and dil caught Covid in September, both were completely asymptomatic. The two of them picked up Omicron last week (confirmed by NHS), both confined to bed completely f**ked.