Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

You made a song & dance about putting me on ignore. I predicted it was nothing more than a show as you are unable to ignore me. That’s proven in responding to me & mentioning me in unrelated posts time & time again, where I will happily jump in. You’re an absolute embarrassment with this. If someone doesn’t want to engage, just don’t engage, it really should be that simple 😂

Covid case averages in South Africa six weeks ago. It’s absolutely you that has no clue how to read trends & we’ll likely see that more in a few weeks. Just like we did last year with deaths…

DB1874C5-CD91-448B-9A1F-895A56AB38C8.jpeg

Cases?

I've already shown, numerous times, that the cases have gone though the roof over the last month, from almost nothing, after this was discovered about 6 weeks ago?

image.thumb.png.1837cbf13347a47e30a647a5091044aa.png

Nice attempt at deflection on the other points, and, as this is the third post, it'll be my last as it just feeds your desire to regurgitate the same drivel time after time.

Betty will be along soon after a few glasses of cheap wine.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Cases?

I've already shown, numerous times, that the cases have gone though the roof over the last month, from almost nothing, after this was discovered about 6 weeks ago?

image.thumb.png.1837cbf13347a47e30a647a5091044aa.png

Nice attempt at deflection on the other points, and, as this is the third post, it'll be my last as it just feeds your desire to regurgitate the same drivel time after time.

Betty will be along soon after a few glasses of cheap wine.

Honestly like arguing with a brick wall. We’ve now went from six weeks to a month though so I suppose progress. Cases have went up sharply the last couple of weeks, your graph LITERALLY shows this & now the deaths are seemingly on the rise. This is what has been predicted & what will likely happen here on a larger scale. 

Your three post rule, much like your ignore posts, ‘look at me, look what I’m doing’ cries for attention. 

Cringeworthy 

Unsurprisingly the current scaremongering has seen the tennis tournament I was attending next week in Aberdeen to be cancelled.
That, along with the hotel booking see's more money lost for business's.
Oh, I know somebody who's caught this new variant, she was so surprised that the test, lateral flow, was positive she done anther before getting the full bifta PCR which, again, confirmed a positive result.
No symptoms, she took the test out of courtesy for her work, but that's her losing wages before the Christmas/New Year break.
At least she's not a burden on the NHS. 
PS I'm aware not everyone will have no, or next to no, symptoms, but the vast majority will hardly know they've "got it". 
Yesterday my cousin and 30 of the folk he was out at a Xmas party at the weekend with, have tested positive for the new variant. This now all he has in his words is a tickly cough. Hopefully that's as bad as it gets. [emoji1696]

It’s a tragedy, however I tend to believe that those who were susceptible/vulnerable to Covid have now been taken from us in the first and second wave. I suspect that with a population that is now almost 80% vaccinated and ICUs now able to offer a treatment that can limit the damage done by Covid/immune response their doesn’t appear to be a large amount of hosts that the virus can kill. 

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Yesterday my cousin and 30 of the folk he was out at a Xmas party at the weekend with, have tested positive for the new variant. This now all he has in his words is a tickly cough. Hopefully that's as bad as it gets. emoji1696.png

Was it an orgy that they ALL caught it? 

Aye, my mate in Fife has a mate that had exactly the same symptoms, as you say, fingers crossed that's as bad as it gets, although there will be some people get it worse, no doubt. 

It’s a tragedy, however I tend to believe that those who were susceptible/vulnerable to Covid have now been taken from us in the first and second wave. I suspect that with a population that is now almost 80% vaccinated and ICUs now able to offer a treatment that can limit the damage done by Covid/immune response their doesn’t appear to be a large amount of hosts that the virus can kill. 

That's exactly what everyone is hoping, but if it isn't and the politicians were seen to be doing nothing after the advice they've been given from professional medically qualified experts. The very same folk would be calling for their resignations.

Was it an orgy that they ALL caught it? 
Aye, my mate in Fife has a mate that had exactly the same symptoms, as you say, fingers crossed that's as bad as it gets, although there will be some people get it worse, no doubt. 
I've seen photos of the females he was with. We'd die a happy man of exhaustion rather than covid. [emoji1787]

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

More vaccinated than unvaccinated in hospital?

I think we can put that shite to bed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-59699891

I've said before, I don't wish ill on anybody, it's a choice but I also wouldn't be shedding any tears for anyone who ends up in hospital. 

Not to mention the fact they could be spreading it to other's. 

The vast majority of a hospital's Covid patients in recent months have been unvaccinated, its boss has said.

Dr Ewen Cameron, of Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, said: "About 80% of patients we've seen over the last few months in general wards and critical care have been unvaccinated."

He said the deaths of unvaccinated patients were particularly tragic since they were usually avoidable.

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I've said before, I don't wish ill on anybody, it's a choice but I also wouldn't be shedding any tears for anyone who ends up in hospital. 

Not to mention the fact they could be spreading it to other's. 

Oh, also the time/cost to the NHS, come to think of it, feckem. 

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

More vaccinated than unvaccinated in hospital?

I think we can put that shite to bed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-59699891

Why, because one NHS manager has told an anecdote about his hospital? 

Current rates of those hospitalised with covid are around 35% unvaccinated, 65% vaccinated. I would post the link if I wasn't such a technophobe.

5 hours ago, Hendo said:

Why, because one NHS manager has told an anecdote about his hospital? 

Current rates of those hospitalised with covid are around 35% unvaccinated, 65% vaccinated. I would post the link if I wasn't such a technophobe.

Isn't that because MOST of the population are vaccinated? :blink:

In Scotland just over 90% are vaccinated, do the sums. 

5 hours ago, Hendo said:

Aye, same presumably applies to the smokers, drinkers, the obese, expecting the NHS to care for them because of their choices.

I would suggest that people who have an addiction couldn't be CURED by a quick vaccination. :byebye

6 hours ago, Hendo said:

Aye, same presumably applies to the smokers, drinkers, the obese, expecting the NHS to care for them because of their choices.

To take this to the ultimate, check out what being unvaccinated means in the death rate......................how does that stack up? 

Table 1: The age-standardised mortality rate for deaths involving COVID-19 is 32 times higher for unvaccinated people than for those who received the second dose

11 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Honestly like arguing with a brick wall. We’ve now went from six weeks to a month though so I suppose progress. Cases have went up sharply the last couple of weeks, your graph LITERALLY shows this & now the deaths are seemingly on the rise. This is what has been predicted & what will likely happen here on a larger scale. 

Your three post rule, much like your ignore posts, ‘look at me, look what I’m doing’ cries for attention. 

Cringeworthy 

The new variant was DETECTED about 6 weeks ago in South Africa, 9th November.

The cases started rising about 4 weeks ago. 

You, unbelievably, have tried to use 1 or 2 days of deaths to "prove" the rate is rising significantly, desperation.

The AVERAGE death rate in South Africa over the last 3 weeks has slightly DROPPED.  :lol:

Omicron was first detected in Scotland on 29th November, almost 3 weeks ago.

As cases started rising significantly on 24th November that would suggest it had been here before being detected. 

Now I've pointed out that hospitalisation and death can happen well withing this period why are you still hanging on and hoping things get worse? 

In FACT, hospitalisations and deaths have DROPPED in Scotland at a steady rate over this period. 

You continue fail to recognise that the vaccination rate in Scotland, around 90% is astronomical compared to South Africa, around 25%.

How can you not see this will make a significant difference?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

The new variant was DETECTED about 6 weeks ago in South Africa, 9th November.

The cases started rising about 4 weeks ago. 

You, unbelievably, have tried to use 1 or 2 days of deaths to "prove" the rate is rising significantly, desperation.

The AVERAGE death rate in South Africa over the last 3 weeks has slightly DROPPED.  :lol:

Omicron was first detected in Scotland on 29th November, almost 3 weeks ago.

As cases started rising significantly on 24th November that would suggest it had been here before being detected. 

Now I've pointed out that hospitalisation and death can happen well withing this period why are you still hanging on and hoping things get worse? 

In FACT, hospitalisations and deaths have DROPPED in Scotland at a steady rate over this period. 

You continue fail to recognise that the vaccination rate in Scotland, around 90% is astronomical compared to South Africa, around 25%.

How can you not see this will make a significant difference?

Haha imagine just waiting to the next day to continue the argument because my presence on here angers you so. 

Three days now eh? Deaths up a huge 75% on Friday last week. Almost like we could be seeing the start of some sort of sharp, sustaining uplift. 

The vaccine rate absolutely is a difference maker & it will very likely mean that things don’t comparably get as bad as last year with percentage of hospitalisations/ deaths to cases. That’s not remotely what I’m saying, I am saying your view that everything is pretty much fine & restrictions/ panic is an overreaction is wrong. You have yet again likely jumped the gun. 

Our older population & the dip in vaccine resistance (need for boosters), coupled with far more cases will likely mean we see hospitalisations & deaths go up a lot over the next few weeks. I guess we’ll see who’s right. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Isn't that because MOST of the population are vaccinated? :blink:

In Scotland just over 90% are vaccinated, do the sums. 

I would suggest that people who have an addiction couldn't be CURED by a quick vaccination. :byebye

That wasn't my point. It was in response to some anecdotal report, of which there are many on mainstream news, with some bloke who works in a hospital claiming 80% of admissions to hospital with covid were unvaccinated, when the real figure across the UK is 35%.

I think what we know is the vaccine doesn't cure you from covid either. My point is if you are going to engage in some sort of health fascism and create a narrative about deserving v undeserving, at least apply this toxic view consistently.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

That wasn't my point. It was in response to some anecdotal report, of which there are many on mainstream news, with some bloke who works in a hospital claiming 80% of admissions to hospital with covid were unvaccinated, when the real figure across the UK is 35%.

I think what we know is the vaccine doesn't cure you from covid either. My point is if you are going to engage in some sort of health fascism and create a narrative about deserving v undeserving, at least apply this toxic view consistently.

The vaccine VASTLY improves your chance of living. :blink:

Toxic view? 

Realistic and bringing in people who have addictions isn't even remotely a decent comparison to people who CHOOSE not to be vaccinated for no real reason, conspiracy theories apart. 

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Haha imagine just waiting to the next day to continue the argument because my presence on here angers you so. 

Three days now eh? Deaths up a huge 75% on Friday last week. Almost like we could be seeing the start of some sort of sharp, sustaining uplift. 

Angers me? :lol:

Deaths up by 75%?

Aye, from 20 to 35. :lol:

You are getting more desperate by the day. :byebye

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Angers me? :lol:

Deaths up by 75%?

Aye, from 20 to 35. :lol:

You are getting more desperate by the day. :byebye

Careful, going to use all your three posts very unwisely at this rate 🤣

Yep, almost like we are now starting to see a knock on from the rise in cases 2-3 weeks ago eh? 🤷‍♂️

Oh I forgot, we found 20-50 omicron cases in Scotland a few weeks back so we should have thousands of deaths from it now. Utter clueless. 

You would think a person would surely think back to where they have been wrong on this virus countless times over the last 20 months & maybe learn from that. 🤦‍♂️

25 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

In fairness, he is consistent.

The accusation of anger is universal. It's his default defence!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Only to people that do seem to get angry at my posts. 👍

As said, it should be the easiest thing just to ignore someone if you don’t want to engage, I don’t see why people like yourself & FS have such an issue with it (or have to publicly announce it for that matter 😂

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Careful, going to use all your three posts very unwisely at this rate 🤣

Yep, almost like we are now starting to see a knock on from the rise in cases 2-3 weeks ago eh? 🤷‍♂️

Oh I forgot, we found 20-50 omicron cases in Scotland a few weeks back so we should have thousands of deaths from it now. Utter clueless. 

You would think a person would surely think back to where they have been wrong on this virus countless times over the last 20 months & maybe learn from that. 🤦‍♂️

As usual you have roundly put yourself back in the box.

Vague, moronic statements, making stuff up and avoiding the facts.

Enjoy yourself. :byebye