Coronavirus

faraway saint

Feeling a lot of doom and gloom around with the latest news but here's some positive news

From COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report (Week 50) - page 4

COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report - week 50 (publishing.service.gov.uk)

"Based on antibody testing of blood donors, 98.4% of the adult population now have antibodies to COVID-19 from either infection or vaccination compared to 22.7% that have antibodies from infection alone"

That's a very strong number and suggests that the vast vast majority of people/friends/family have protection against serious infection

Great bit of work on Brownstone's website:

140 Research Studies Affirm Naturally Acquired Immunity to Covid-19: Documented, Linked, and Quoted ⋆ Brownstone Institute 

A lot of good news in these studies, natural immunity holding up extremely well against the virus. Going by the surveillance report that means a fair amount of natural immunity already exists, even without vaccination.

If the NHS is under threat - with 98.4% the population having antibodies... you've got to wonder what the government have done wrong with the emergency funding.

It needs to make sense.

Edited by Doakes

15 minutes ago, Doakes said:

If the NHS is under threat - with 98.4% the population having antibodies... you've got to wonder what the government have done wrong with the emergency funding.

It needs to make sense.

The NHS is always under threat, at some level or another.

There's NEVER enough money/funding and never will be so it's a well worn cliche to be used as necessary. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The NHS is always under threat, at some level or another.

There's NEVER enough money/funding and never will be so it's a well worn cliche to be used as necessary. 

Watching the patterns - If I was a betting man, - knowing the Tories - I'd wager that we'll soon see "free" NHS healthcare removed from anyone classed as unvaccinated. Especially after Rishi Sunak's recent trip to the USA 

Chancellor Rishi Sunak to return from US trip early over Covid concerns - BBC News

It will no doubt be a popular idea at first, anyone who's had the jab has the psychological urge for that to mean that they get preferential treatment over someone who hasn't had the jab... they've took a risk and someone else hasn't - why shouldn't that mean I get something they don't?

But - I'll predict that as time goes on, and the appetite for constant boosters drops off, it might become more of an issue. Especially the choice is to either get the booster to continue to receive NHS treatment, or pay an exorbitant price for your health care plan.

Watching the patterns - If I was a betting man, - knowing the Tories - I'd wager that we'll soon see "free" NHS healthcare removed from anyone classed as unvaccinated. Especially after Rishi Sunak's recent trip to the USA 
Chancellor Rishi Sunak to return from US trip early over Covid concerns - BBC News
It will no doubt be a popular idea at first, anyone who's had the jab has the psychological urge for that to mean that they get preferential treatment over someone who hasn't had the jab... they've took a risk and someone else hasn't - why shouldn't that mean I get something they don't?
But - I'll predict that as time goes on, and the appetite for constant boosters drops off, it might become more of an issue. Especially the choice is to either get the booster to continue to receive NHS treatment, or pay an exorbitant price for your health care plan.

Never going to happen, it's a sure way to lose the next GE.

On 12/14/2021 at 1:52 PM, Sidmirren said:

One of the biggest meltdowns ever on the Forum was only recently when Toxic Titch exploded with rage and tears after a fellow forumster was receiving too many likes for their posts. Titch was livid and actually reported the forumster and got him banned. What was that all about ? The tiny terror has been broken and ruined ever since. He is such a little and irrelevant man that he needs to be liked the mostest on this forum. Toxic tailgating Titch.

Toxic Titch - Perfect name for the trolling bully. 

Well done Sid.

He really did explode with rage when Shull liked his own likes with all his aliases. It was poetry in motion watch Titch having a major meltdown. Shall ruined him so much so Titch reported him to Div many times to get Shull banned.

What was the Arbroath idiot's problem with likes on a Forum ?

Incidentally, Titch is not a Saints fan and never has been. Fake.

Edited by Karmageddon2021

Just now, Slarti said:
28 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
You had to mention Shetland. Then by magic shull finds posts about Shetland. emoji1787.png

That's another shull to add to the ignore list.

You have to wonder at his state of mind to decide to post this type of crap, suppose loneliness can do that, Blaw up Betty apart. :lol:

Just now, Slarti said:
4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
You have to wonder at his state of mind to decide to post this type of crap, suppose loneliness can do that, Blaw up Betty apart. emoji38.png

It's the denials about being another shull alias that are the stupidest bits.

On the Richter scale of stupidity it's almost OFF the scale. :lol: