Coronavirus

faraway saint

Small price to pay for you to continue to post on here for years.................................
Wish they'd shut the doors just before you got in. [emoji38]
That wouldn't have been too bad as it took just over an hour to get in then another 2 once inside.

8 minutes ago, Slarti said:
25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Small price to pay for you to continue to post on here for years.................................
Wish they'd shut the doors just before you got in. emoji38.png

That wouldn't have been too bad as it took just over an hour to get in then another 2 once inside.

How long does it take to get a jag, I could rattle through about 10-12 an hour. 

How long does it take to get a jag, I could rattle through about 10-12 an hour. 

I was sitting at the table for about 3 minutes total.

To be fair, I think about the time I got into the building coincided with them starting to take their staggered lunch breaks so there would have been less "jaggers" on duty at one time. Probably added at least half an hour onto the wait, maybe even an hour.

I think the point of them is to get me wait in a queue at the Lagoon for over 3 hours even though I had an appointment time. Just as well some of it was on work time.

Yeah I experienced the exact same at the lagoon this morning, seemingly they were under resourced due to staff isolating, the real reason I thought though was there was only one nurse available to ask the pre set questions, when I eventually got seated for my jag it took 10 minutes for said nurse to appear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Israel to offer fourth COVID-19 dose to those over 60 | CTV News

Israel ahead of the game again.

Also, Portugal seem to be shutting up shop for no reason:lol:, and they've got an 88% vaccination uptake.

Portugal has become the latest European country to reimpose restrictions on bars and restaurants.

On Tuesday Prime Minister Antonio Costa ordered nightclubs and bars to shut their doors and told people to work from home from 26 December until at least 9 January.

Costa also announced that a negative coronavirus test will be required to stay at hotels and said that outdoor gatherings will be limited to 10 people per group on New Year's Eve.

Portugal is one of the most heavily vaccinated countries in the world, with almost 88% of its 10 million population fully vaccinated against Covid-19.

Despite this, new infections have been rising steadily there over the past several weeks and the new Omicron variant is rapidly becoming the dominant variant of the coronavirus.

Edited by FTOF

Yeah I experienced the exact same at the lagoon this morning, seemingly they were under resourced due to staff isolating, the real reason I thought though was there was only one nurse available to ask the pre set questions, when I eventually got seated for my jag it took 10 minutes for said nurse to appear!!

I never saw you there - unless, of course, that's not really a picture of you as your "avatar". Mine is obviously of me. [emoji16]

26 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Israel to offer fourth COVID-19 dose to those over 60 | CTV News

Israel ahead of the game again.

Also, Portugal seem to be shutting up shop for no reason:lol:, and they've got an 88% vaccination uptake.

Aye, you think that Portugal with an average death rate of 18 wouldn't have shat their pants, just shows ya. :lol:

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:
A point being made more and more, what's the point in vaccines if life is to stop every winter? 

I think the point of them is to get me wait in a queue at the Lagoon for over 3 hours even though I had an appointment time. Just as well some of it was on work time.

I've not been for my booster as I want to avoid crowded places.

He probably threw you a few loose coins looking at your "avatar". 
Look, he's not got a coat on in that picture, so I'll assume that's how he goes around normally, therefore he has no pockets to keep change in. You never really thought that through, did you? [emoji16]

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

This shows the dramatic rise in cases (blue)and the continued decrease in hospital admission's (yellow) and deaths.(red)

The reaction of the Scottish government is way out of proportion and has no facts or science to back it up, criminal.

image.thumb.png.84c8bb8bda1d0bb6710002c09f6156ae.png

I think the other dynamic at play is the need to self isolate if testing positive, which will potentially cripple businesses and public services through staff absence. It's not just hospitalizations that could overrun the NHS but staff absences.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

I think the other dynamic at play is the need to self isolate if testing positive, which will potentially cripple businesses and public services through staff absence. It's not just hospitalizations that could overrun the NHS but staff absences.

Agreed, not just the NHS but many business's who have people "forced" to isolate, many unpaid, is killing many sectors, when the vast majority will have no symptoms that would keep them off work in normal circumstances. 

I never saw you there - unless, of course, that's not really a picture of you as your "avatar". Mine is obviously of me. [emoji16]

Surprised you never saw me, everyone was getting really irate at this super handsome chap chatting up the nurses and holding up the queue [emoji7] whilst security were running around trying to catch my wee border terrier…

4 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

Surprised you never saw me, everyone was getting really irate at this super handsome chap chatting up the nurses and holding up the queue emoji7.png whilst security were running around trying to catch my wee border terrier…

Stopped reading after the highlighted bit, had to run to the toilet before I wet myself. :rolleyes:

This will upset baz..........................:lol:

Darkest days could be behind us as data hint that omicron cases may have peaked

Although admissions are still rising, cases in Britain have been largely unchanged for about six days, with 90,629 reported on Tuesday, a fall of 1,115 from the previous day.

Case rates are also reassuringly low in areas with high vaccination, suggesting that vaccines and boosters are holding up well against omicron. It is still too early to be sure, but here is what the latest data is telling us.

Hospital-case ratio

The number of people ending up in hospital after testing positive for Covid has fallen to one of the lowest points in the entire pandemic, with just 1.95 per cent being admitted.

So, England are taking a common sense approach to isolating by reducing the period from 10 days to 7. (If you have a negative LFT)
With people HAVING to self isolate causing havoc in many sectors this will have a significant effect on these services.
Problem with that is folk doing them falsely. Therefore putting others at risk.

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:
45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
So, England are taking a common sense approach to isolating by reducing the period from 10 days to 7. (If you have a negative LFT)
With people HAVING to self isolate causing havoc in many sectors this will have a significant effect on these services.

Problem with that is folk doing them falsely. Therefore putting others at risk.

These people would do that if it was 10 days anyway so doesn't change the problem? 

Risk, isn't the risk next to nothing anyway?