Coronavirus

faraway saint

Hopefully not again. Oops forgot this is not Chester City FC but a new club Chester FC [emoji6]

Slightly alarming headline............... omitting he words "non league". [emoji38]

Oi, that's my new favourite English football club. It was formally Chester City.
Just been reading some of the articles for this and it's absolutely bonkers. As part of the pitch is in Wales, no fans allowed into ground, there wouldn't be any restrictions of Chester fc having 2000 fans in car park watching match being screened as that part is in England.

Not part of the pitch, the whole pitch, every spectators seat or standing area. [emoji6]

The border cuts through some offices as you can see below. With the old Sealand Road Ground at the top of Bumpers Lane.

f7e54c4a63f5883169600043920d2e16.jpg

Not sure why this made the BBC news as a sample of (126) is far too small to gather any meaningful information. Can you imagine going to the Scottish or any government and asking for funding for a new project with evidence which consisted of 126 people over 2days! 

A0308624-54E3-4ED2-B8CD-312295A0D30A.jpeg

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Not sure why this made the BBC news as a sample of (126) is far too small to gather any meaningful information. Can you imagine going to the Scottish or any government and asking for funding for a new project with evidence which consisted of 126 people over 2days! 

A0308624-54E3-4ED2-B8CD-312295A0D30A.jpeg

Aye, pointless, apart from continuing to scaremonger using big numbers as usual. 

12 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Slightly alarming headline............... omitting he words "non league". :lol:

So team / club who play primarily in Blue  goes belly up about a decade or so ago after administration and resurfaces  with an ever so slightly different identity , get told to start again from three divisions lower down ….. sound familiar ?😂

Mind you , at least this latest lot have tried to learn their lesson and live within their means this time .
Wonder if they pulled the old “oh those debts .. no , that was another entity nothing to do with us Guv” 🙄

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

No they didn't.

The PEAK in infections/cases was 18th December.

The deaths are still rising, 3 weeks AFTER this date.

PS It should be noted the numbers, averaging just over 150, are still very low in a country with a low rate of vaccination. 

Missed this, as I can usually ignore your shit  - but you've just demonstrated thickness. Again.

My post specifically noted that the peak was rising OVER A WEEK past  the infections peak.  THAT was the sole point that I was making.

"In South Africa the peak in Omicron deaths followed on, over a week past the peak for infections"

I made no suggestions that it could not or would not continue rising.  You simply reiterated and confirmed my point...  after saying, "no they didn't"  Sigh.  :rolleyes:

I cannot cater for your splendid stupidity and depths of daftness as well as communicate with normal Buddies.

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

Missed this, as I can usually ignore your shit  - but you've just demonstrated thickness. Again.

My post specifically noted that the peak was rising OVER A WEEK past  the infections peak.  THAT was the sole point that I was making.

"In South Africa the peak in Omicron deaths followed on, over a week past the peak for infections"

I made no suggestions that it could not or would not continue rising.  You simply reiterated and confirmed my point...  after saying, "no they didn't"  Sigh.  :rolleyes:

I cannot cater for your splendid stupidity and depths of daftness as well as communicate with normal Buddies.

Nice try, but, as usual, you keep digging.

Over "3 weeks" would have been more accurate, and truthful. 

I do love your assumption you are a better "buddy" than any person who disagrees with you.

Pompous and deluded. 

Edited by faraway saint

Apart from it being 'Buddie', which I couldn't easily ascribe to the likes of you...

...I simply pointed out that YOUR weak attempt to disagree with me only served to confirm that I was correct and you were wrong.

YOU are the one who disagreed.  You screwed up, simpleton.

This latest post of yours is 1984 doublethink - claiming the opposite of the truth should be believed!

How can you possibly expect anyBuddie could fall for such Trumpian bullshit and lying?

You're a joke!   :lol:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^ No one cares, although I do miss you're stupidity on the match day threads. :lol:

As for "buddy" or "buddie", WGAF? :snore

image.thumb.png.37add08799cf97d6d88b31dd843b4b86.png

Brilliant! 
I can rely on you to be eternally inept!

I quote:

”I do miss you're stupidity on the match day threads”.

12 minutes ago, antrin said:

Brilliant! 
I can rely on you to be eternally inept!

I quote:

”I do miss you're stupidity on the match day threads”.

Aye, predictive text, keeps you happy. :lol:

Run along, don't want you bursting into tears again. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint
typo

“Don;t”   :lol:

You twat!  You cannot blame predictive text for that ineptitude.

I shall run along: you’ve amused me minimally and mildly.  

Glad that you recalled that I’m good at running as you were scared to race me.

Back on ignore you go...

Unless you type yet another crass ineptitude!  :lol:

Meanwhile in Scotland cases continue to decrease, a fairly steady decline now.

Hospitalisations slowing down, ICU still showing no increase over the last 30 days.

Tragically deaths rising, although still low numbers.

Unsurprisingly since the changes in foreign travel, bookings have increased, just the tonic for people after the last 20 odd months. :thumbs2

The government inflating the figures..........................why would they do that I wonder? 

Edward Malnick
Sat, 8 January 2022, 5:22 pm

The UK Health Security Agency is facing a fresh “dodgy data” row after being warned by the statistics regulator over a controversial claim about the spread of omicron.

In a letter to the UKHSA, the Office for Statistics Regulation warned that Sajid Javid’s claim that there were 200,000 omicron infections a day by mid-December “caused confusion” after officials failed to justify the figure for a further three days.

The warning raises further concerns about UKHSA’s handling of Covid figures after Dame Jenny Harries, the body’s chief executive, was accused of disseminating “dodgy data” that inflated the potential risk of the omicron variant.

“There is a danger of public confidence in Covid-19 data being put at risk. They also should not just push worst-case scenarios to increase the impact of what they are saying.”

Edited by faraway saint
typo

Surely the current restrictions in Scotland will be eased soon?

In another extraordinary finding that raised questions about Nicola Sturgeon’s restrictions, the study said that only one in 100 Scots who catch Covid require hospital care following the UK’s vaccination programme and the spread of omicron.

It found that the proportion of people who needed hospital care after getting the virus dropped from 12 per cent in January 2021 to one per cent in December.

When age was taken into account, the report said people were 12.5 times more likely to be admitted to hospital with Covid if they are unvaccinated than if they had received a booster or third vaccine dose.

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Surely the current restrictions in Scotland will be eased soon?

In another extraordinary finding that raised questions about Nicola Sturgeon’s restrictions, the study said that only one in 100 Scots who catch Covid require hospital care following the UK’s vaccination programme and the spread of omicron.

It found that the proportion of people who needed hospital care after getting the virus dropped from 12 per cent in January 2021 to one per cent in December.

When age was taken into account, the report said people were 12.5 times more likely to be admitted to hospital with Covid if they are unvaccinated than if they had received a booster or third vaccine dose.

Again, this could be construed as proof of the success if both vaccines and restrictions.  I hear scientists and doctors warn that the older population is comparatively untouched in Scotland by Omicron, but that is liable to change over this month.

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Again, this could be construed as proof of the success if both vaccines and restrictions.  I hear scientists and doctors warn that the older population is comparatively untouched in Scotland by Omicron, but that is liable to change over this month.

That's not up to date. It's already in care homes and in my mothers nearly everyone of the residents  have tested positive. All are just showing signs of cold or minor flu ,none are bad enough to warrant going to hospital  and fingers crossed visiting  be be allowed by the end of this coming week.

The boosters work 

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The numbers in England, with less restrictions, are slightly better than Scotland? (See highlighted section below)

AGAIN, I agree a key difference to the previous outbreaks are the vaccines/boosters, hence this variant, also much less damaging, can't be compared to the Delta situation. 

Why has the older population been untouched?

If you mean less of the older population have been hospitalised etc then I would suggest that's down to them being vaccinated.boosted to a man/woman? 

This was similar to many areas of England, where no similar measures on social distancing, licensed premises and large events including football matches were introduced.

The UK Government’s Covid dashboard on Friday showed that Scotland (2,079) had a higher case rate per 100,000 people over the previous week than England (1,787).

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The numbers in England, with less restrictions, are slightly better than Scotland. (See highlighted section below)

So far.

There are a lot of areas in England, particularly in the north, which are currently mirroring the huge percentage weekly increases in Covid cases per head that Scotland was experiencing a couple of weeks ago.

UK Coronavirus Tracker - Local (travellingtabby.com)