Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

WHAT does the data show, if it isn't obvious?

Can't argue Covid is a killer, just not as much as some would have us believe.

Overall I'd say 1st lockdown did save lives, the 2nd, probably, recent restrictions, more than unlikely, despite you dreaming up bonkers ideas and twisted figures.

Virtue signaling ISN'T a term as you describe, but that's not unusual you are a simpleton. 

Utter nonsense, you ridiculed on here last winter when people predicted death tolls that were in line with what scientists were saying. It came true & that’s just the 28 day stats. It’s likely an underestimate by a decent margin.

Lockdown saved lives each time, you don’t know more than the scientists recommending governments, get over yourself. 

Virtue signalling is as I describe. People that have immoral views having a pop at others who express moral values. The reason they do this is to try & convince themselves that the only reasoning someone would share something moral is to suit a self interest agenda. Projection much? 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Utter nonsense, you ridiculed on here last winter when people predicted death tolls that were in line with what scientists were saying. It came true & that’s just the 28 day stats. It’s likely an underestimate by a decent margin.

Lockdown saved lives each time, you don’t know more than the scientists recommending governments, get over yourself. 

Virtue signalling is as I describe. People that have immoral views having a pop at others who express moral values. The reason they do this is to try & convince themselves that the only reasoning someone would share something moral is to suit a self interest agenda. Projection much? 

Made up shite again. 

Scientists, oh aye them, the same ones that told us that the Omicron variant was next to nothing yet you still, ludicrously, try to compare it to the Delta variant? 

Virtue signaling..............

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

To summarise, you are an utter fanny, but the forum needs you. :lol:

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Made up shite again. 

Scientists, oh aye them, the same ones that told us that the Omicron variant was next to nothing yet you still, ludicrously, try to compare it to the Delta variant? 

Virtue signaling..............

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

To summarise, you are an utter fanny, but the forum needs you. :lol:

You’re a liar, I haven’t compared it to Delta. You have absolutely no shame. 

Virtue signalling is as I have said. It’s a rank rotten expression used by people crying for being called on their immoral views, attacking people that have moral views. 

Overall I'd say 1st lockdown did save lives, the 2nd, probably, recent restrictions, more than unlikely, despite you dreaming up bonkers ideas and twisted figures.
Virtue signaling ISN'T a term as you describe, but that's not unusual you are a simpleton. 

Wait, he says there's now data that shows lockdown saved lives?????

1 minute ago, Slarti said:

Wait, he says there's now data that shows lockdown saved lives?????

He's on for a full meltdown, throwing out insults yet whines like a baby when he gets some back.

Cheek to call you cowardly, pot/kettle. :lol:

53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He's on for a full meltdown, throwing out insults yet whines like a baby when he gets some back.

Cheek to call you cowardly, pot/kettle. :lol:

Yet to cry into an ignore function after announcing it though of course. 

Also, it’s true, you lied & you are immoral. You have proven it many times. 

Edited by bazil85

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nice edit. :lol:

:1eye

Yeah because you’ve never made a typing mistake or missed an autocorrect. 
What a way to yet again break your three post rule…. ‘But, but, but, I never quoted you last time so it doesn’t count’ 😂

At least you yet again give your pal @Slarti what he craves… another quoted post for him to jump on. 😀

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah because you’ve never made a typing mistake or missed an autocorrect. 
What a way to yet again break your three post rule…. ‘But, but, but, I never quoted you last time so it doesn’t count’ 😂

At least you yet again give your pal @Slarti what he craves… another quoted post for him to jump on. 😀

:wacko:

Are you ok H un? 

Cheek to call you cowardly, pot/kettle. [emoji38]
Yeah, but I'm a shiny new kettle so I don't know what he's talking about. [emoji16]

Did he provide that data? I expect not.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:19 PM, bazil85 said:

That isn’t what the data shows.

Covid was & is a killer,

lockdown saved lives,

virtue signalling is a term for people that don’t like to be called out on unethical views. 

The data showed that tens thousands of people died despite restrictions.

The data shows that restrictions are killing thousands in the U.K. and millions worldwide

The data doesn’t show that lockdowns saved anyone - how can it? 

Virtue signalling is something that pompous, healthy and wealthy middle class folk do to the detriment of the poor and the vulnerable 

Collateral damage deniers 

Your virtue signalling has led to very real catastrophic unethical consequences - the deaths of millions of people, hundreds of millions plunged into poverty and millions of livelihoods ruined.

And *you* don’t like it called out because *you* are responsible 

Your virtue, their deaths. 

5 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

The data showed that tens thousands of people died despite restrictions. - Imagine what it would have been like without them. 

The data shows that restrictions are killing thousands in the U.K. and millions worldwide - What data is showing the restrictions are killing more than Covid?

The data doesn’t show that lockdowns saved anyone - how can it? - Beyond reasonable doubt, a virus that spreads through close contact, reduce close contact levels, reduce spreads. Lockdown saved lives, that's a fact (maybe watch though, very triggering for a certain contributor, feel he's lost sleep over it the last 18+ months)

Virtue signalling is something that pompous, healthy and wealthy middle class folk do to the detriment of the poor and the vulnerable Virtue signalling has been coined onto by people like you that don't like being called out on their unethical views. 

Collateral damage deniers I have never denied that there have been other issues in locking down & restrictions, there was sadly no outcome where we saved and protected everyone. Lockdown was the best option available. Just look at the difference in deaths a place like Sweden had in the first wave compared to their surrounding neighbours.  

Your virtue signalling has led to very real catastrophic unethical consequences - the deaths of millions of people, hundreds of millions plunged into poverty and millions of livelihoods ruined. Nonsense, it would seem many of the issues you associate with restrictions are actually issues with governments failing to properly fund support during lockdowns and other restrictions. There is no need in a developed nation like the UK to have people below the poverty line, Covid lockdowns or otherwise. 

And *you* don’t like it called out because *you* are responsible Virtue signalling is again (what they think is, it is not) a get out jail free card so people can moan about being factually called out on points they have unethical views on. 

Your virtue, their deaths. 

You've literally been pushing for no lockdown, no restriction, denying the pandemic beyond the spring of 2020. Your approach would have overwhelmed the NHS and cost many more lives. "Good luck with your chemo today, by the way your doctor, two nurses and five patients sharing the room with you all have a virus that's extremely dangerous for you to catch right now"

It is absolute nonsense, complete drivel that we could have carried on as normal through the pandemic without restrictions. It would have been even more of a global disaster. 

As predicted :lol: cases continue to fall, well past the peak now.

Hospital admissions, finally dropping, but it's early days, although it should be noted 40% of these numbers are non covid related.

Deaths, sadly, take quite a jump today, hoping these tragic numbers level out over the next 3-4 days and then we'll see a drop.

All going well for ALL restrictions to disappear. :thumbs2

As predicted [emoji38] cases continue to fall, well past the peak now.
Hospital admissions, finally dropping, but it's early days, although it should be noted 40% of these numbers are non covid related.
Deaths, sadly, take quite a jump today, hoping these tragic numbers level out over the next 3-4 days and then we'll see a drop.

[emoji1696]

Just had a look at the latest figures.
https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/phs.covid.19/viz/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Am I correct in believing that the new cases reported with a PCR test will be lower as not everyone is required to get one now if they are asymptomatic?

I'm certainly glad that the vast majority have taken the vaccine, with the numbers clearly showing that it is helping to reduce the number of folk falling seriously ill or dying with covid related causes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/intensive-care-covid-patients-vaccinated-b976181.html

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2021-12-22/covid-liverpools-intensive-care-wards-full-of-young-unvaccinated-patients

https://northeastlondonccg.nhs.uk/news/almost-90-of-patients-admitted-to-intensive-care-units-in-north-east-london-are-not-fully-vaccinated/

As predicted :lol: cases continue to fall, well past the peak now.

Is that based on that massive meta analysis that was carried out on 126 patients over a 2 day period 😂

I am still waiting for the 300-6000 deaths a day.......

Keep waiting, Bazil is gagging for these figures. 😆

Pathetic claim as ever. 

I was right in the large number of cases resulting in stress on the health service & ultimately an increase in deaths. 

You lied that I claimed it would be the same as Delta. Again showing the embarrassing depths you’d rather sink to than accept I was correct. 

You yet again jumped the gun last month.