Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, antrin said:

And, although some parts of UK appear to have passed a peak, it seems that politicians and other eedjits do not comprehend that a peak implies a rise to a summit then a similar diminishing on the other side.

So there still are a lot of infections, hospitalisations and deaths to come,  (as many as there were before the peak).

Agree. Statistics. Politicians appear to have settled on the NHS capacity being the determining factor and are willing to accept further illnesses with the current variant. I am in favour of vaccination but it’s an easy win to point out that the vast majority of current hospitalisations are amongst the unvaccinated. I doubt if that has changed from earlier days

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

And that's where the comparisons largely stop over the last two years. Covid is not a mild virus and as such hasn't been treated like milder, less harmful virus... like the flu. 

Well, to be more precise the initial version of Covid, you do know there has been another major variant, has been more harmful.

The latest panic over Omicron has shown it's certainly not very harmful and as such, if this is as scary as it gets, there will be no more pointless restrictions, the vaccinations will be enough to keep the majority safe. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Well, to be more precise the initial version of Covid, you do know there has been another major variant, has been more harmful.

The latest panic over Omicron has shown it's certainly not very harmful and as such, if this is as scary as it gets, there will be no more pointless restrictions, the vaccinations will be enough to keep the majority safe. 

From almost day one you have criticised restrictions with caution always coming out as the most sensible approach. Including for Omicron.

Milder variant but still not a mild virus. 

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

From almost day one you have criticised restrictions with caution always coming out as the most sensible approach. Including for Omicron.

Milder variant but still not a mild virus. 

From day one you've swallowed every claim by "experts" to back up your belief that the first lockdown was worthwhile, even to save ONE life.

No understanding of proportion with this latest variant, when you failed to see the FACTS from South Africa this was a storm in a handkerchief. 

You still would expect people to cower in their homes, swayed by the fact you get paid to sit on your arse every day, when their livelihoods depend on working for their family.

Your post count goes through the roof when things take a turn for the worse, not forgetting you, hilariously used TWO days of data to proudly proclaim a 40% increase in cases. 

Aye, you must be very proud. 

Oh, as  footnote the FLU killed over 50 million people, at least, back in the early 1900's, we've overcome that and we'll overcome Covid. 

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

From day one you've swallowed every claim by "experts" to back up your belief that the first lockdown was worthwhile, even to save ONE life.

No understanding of proportion with this latest variant, when you failed to see the FACTS from South Africa this was a storm in a handkerchief. 

You still would expect people to cower in their homes, swayed by the fact you get paid to sit on your arse every day, when their livelihoods depend on working for their family.

Your post count goes through the roof when things take a turn for the worse, not forgetting you, hilariously used TWO days of data to proudly proclaim a 40% increase in cases. 

Oh, as  footnote the FLU killed over 50 million people, at least, back in the early 1900's, we've overcome that and we'll overcome Covid. 

I have to ask. Is this dummy for real?

I can see that he wants to boost his likes on here, why I don’t know but he just can’t be this stupid, surely.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

But it wasn’t ‘one’ life was it? 🤷‍♂️

The data from South Africa when you were banging on was extremely limited. You have jumped the gun multiple times before in similar fashion. 

Showing your complete inability once again to comprehend anything beyond your own self interest. And comparing very moderate restrictions to full on lockdown life. 

You have got no high ground whatsoever to lecture anyone on how they use this website. Embarrassing 😂

’Proudly’ pathetic once again. 

I’m sure we will overcome Covid, that doesn’t mean we should hand out death sentences because of what people did several hundred years ago. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by bazil85

Was going to post a similar thing when I saw his post quoted, just as well I read on. Saved me the time. [emoji16]

Oh, f**k it, here it is anyway. [emoji1787]

It has estimates of anywhere between 17 million and 100 million deaths, but the most widely accepted is 50 million. It also had (using the 50 million number) an estimated 10% fatality rate (compared to the approximate 1.6% of covid-19) and infected about 30% of the world population at that time (compared to the 4 to 5% of covid-19).

So, mild? Maybe not so much.

S.T.U.P.I.D
Wee man disease 
All mouth and no brains
Covid… Aye it’s nothing.
really
So after you used a derogatory disability term you are now referring to it as a disease now.

Never mind how stupid you are, its how sick are you?

As a director of an organisation receiving public money do you believe in the following statement?

Inclusion and Diversity

To help people find their place in an ever-changing world.  We love the diverse communities we work in and as an equal opportunities employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring our place can be anyone’s place.

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

But it wasn’t ‘one’ life was it? 🤷‍♂️

The data from South Africa when you were banging on was extremely limited. You have jumped the gun multiple times before in similar fashion. 

Showing your complete inability once again to comprehend anything beyond your own self interest. And comparing very moderate restrictions to full on lockdown life. 

You have got no high ground whatsoever to lecture anyone on how they use this website. Embarrassing 😂

’Proudly’ pathetic once again. 

I’m sure we will overcome Covid, that doesn’t mean we should hand out death sentences because of what people did several hundred years ago. 🤦‍♂️

I never said it was one life, I was demonstrating you have no idea of proportional action, clearly demonstrated by your shrieking over the Omicron outbreak.

The data from South Africa was a clear indication this was, and it turned out to be, a very mild strain, especially in a country with low vaccination rates yet you still were running around shouting about "history tells us" :lol: and "wait, wait, wait" :lol:

Irony in the extreme going on about self interest from a lazy fcuker sitting on his arse for the last 2 years while peoples livelihoods have disappeared. 

I have no idea what you are going on about   bleating about "high ground" but irony abounds as you are the king of that one. 

Several hundred years ago? :lol: Not so good at arithmetic are you, amongst other things. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I never said it was one life, I was demonstrating you have no idea of proportional action, clearly demonstrated by your shrieking over the Omicron outbreak.

The data from South Africa was a clear indication this was, and it turned out to be, a very mild strain, especially in a country with low vaccination rates yet you still were running around shouting about "history tells us" :lol: and "wait, wait, wait" :lol:

Irony in the extreme going on about self interest from a lazy fcuker sitting on his arse for the last 2 years while peoples livelihoods have disappeared. 

I have no idea what you are going on about   bleating about "high ground" but irony abounds as you are the king of that one. 

Several hundred years ago? :lol: Not so good at arithmetic are you, amongst other things. 

Proportional action? 🤣 you have been crying over table service at pubs, reduced crowds at football games and nightclubs having to change to bars/ closing temporarily as if we have went full lockdown for several months like 2020. 

You have never thought the action was proportionate from the very start of this pandemic with your "flu" comments yet here we sit with very likely upwards of 150,000 Covid caused deaths in the UK alone. To think we should sit back and wait or go on very early data from a country in Southern Africa (no it was not a clear indicator, a country in the middle of their summer with a much younger population) when we have seen what's happened before was and is extremely dangerous. It is literally gambling with human life. 

You're again lashing out with personal insults, you're an embarrassment to yourself, forum users and St Mirren fans. To think I only have this view because of my personal circumstances shows you don't have a shred of empathy in your body. You also continue to confuse impacts of restrictions with impacts of lack of government support, you don't seem to have any concept that they're different. 

Doesn't surprise me, you really have struggled with basic information. That isn't tended as insulting, it's simply fact. 51,000+ posts and you can dictate how people should rightly or wrongly use BAWA, you can jog on. 

The influenza virus existed long before the Spanish flu and has been the cause of many deaths. My point is purely, a pandemic at this stage in history shouldn't be treated like previous pandemics in human history. We have the capability to better protect, support and prevent populations. Surely you don't deny that? 

Breakfast TV this morning reporting that the Government are set to announce more Covid restrictions today.😩

Apparently they want to take steps to restrict the number of keyboard experts spouting shite from both sides of the debate to a maximum of 5 pages of dialogue .

There have been reports of some debates ( for debates read personal abuse ping pong ) going on for over 540 pages !!   Would you believe it ? 🤷‍♂️

49 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Breakfast TV this morning reporting that the Government are set to announce more Covid restrictions today.😩

Apparently they want to take steps to restrict the number of keyboard experts spouting shite from both sides of the debate to a maximum of 5 pages of dialogue .

There have been reports of some debates ( for debates read personal abuse ping pong ) going on for over 540 pages !!   Would you believe it ? 🤷‍♂️

Aye, I feel dirty. 😆

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

upwards of 150,000 Covid caused deaths in the UK alone…..

How many of those deaths were as a direct result of Covid?

As an example a guy testing positive for Covid on the 1st Dec but is in a fatal road traffic accident on the 28th Dec is included those statistics.

You are indicating that all of them are which I believe is incorrect.

15 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

As an example a guy testing positive for Covid on the 1st Dec but is in a fatal road traffic accident on the 28th Dec is included those statistics.

Yes, the clarity of thesituation has been muddied by the lack of distinction between 'with covid' and 'of covid' the important point in the statistical battle is that the measure is consistently maintained and there is certainly some doubt over people's use of the data to suit their agenda.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Best estimate from the 28 day stats is around 90% of the deaths are Covid caused, as in the person would not have died if they didn't catch Covid. The other 10% are thought to be coincidental. However it is a red herring, there is likely more people that have died from Covid after 28 day periods have elapsed or who were never diagnosed. So the 28 day figure as it stands now of around 153,000 is very likely to be an Under estimate. 

People still bringing this point up almost two years later have not read into the question they are asking. 

Edited by bazil85