Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

Yes, the clarity of the situation has been muddied by the lack of distinction between 'with covid' and 'of covid' the important point in the statistical battle is that the measure is consistently maintained and there is certainly some doubt over people's use of the data to suit their agenda.

39 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

https://youtu.be/9UHvwWWcjYw

Freedom of information regarding  dying with/due to covid 

Yes, the facts of the matter are that for the whole of 2020 and the first 9 months of 2021 the number of deaths recorded DUE to covid were 17,371. (England & Wales only, I'd imagine adding in Scotland & N. Ireland wouldn't make this anywhere close to the scary numbers preferred by the media)

As that doesn't make good "news" the choice of the media is the "with covid" data.

Makes you wonder, especially with the recent variant being even less dangerous than the early variant(s). 

These figures are from the ONS, a much trusted source for many throughout this. 

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Best estimate from the 28 day stats is around 90% of the deaths are Covid caused, as in the person would not have died if they didn't catch Covid. The other 10% are thought to be coincidental. However it is a red herring, there is likely more people that have died from Covid after 28 day periods have elapsed or who were never diagnosed. So the 28 day figure as it stands now of around 153,000 is very likely to be an Under estimate. 

People still bringing this point up almost two years later have not read into the question they are asking. 

Care to back up your “facts” with real scientific evidence?

You have certainly bought into this fear culture that Governments and MSM have instilled in the countries around the world. Many people are dying unnecessarily from other conditions that would normally be treated to at least provide a better quality of life for cancer patients, etc.

You can carry on living under the dark clouds and Government control. 

4038D0E8-7620-41E8-86DA-DAAFCD552D33.gif.3537c10d27d36c6f92c53a6897483909.gif

You have certainly bought into this fear culture that Governments and MSM have instilled in the countries around the world. Many people are dying unnecessarily from other conditions that would normally be treated to at least provide a better quality of life for cancer patients, etc.

He's admitted that he uses "fact" as a synonym for "opinion" but (obviously) only HIS opinion, so don't hold your breath.

3 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Sure. 

- excess death stats show beyond all reasonable doubt that Covid was killing people in large numbers 

- it’s fact that many people (such as care home residents who are some of the highest risk) were not being tested for Covid in the first wave (and to a lesser extent at other times). These deaths would not be included in the 28 day stats 

- recent analysis show it can take around 35 day’s from catching Covid to death. This will also mean there are people that died from Covid after the 28 day threshold. 

- as for your point on cancer & other diseases, it’s a myth that we could have handled these far better without concentrating on Covid. despite very strict lockdowns, the NHS was very nearly overwhelmed several times. What else could we have done? Not focused on Covid & focused on these other diseases. That would have ended up with FAR more sick Covid patients (and NHS staff) in hospital… generally where we treat our cancer patients. ‘Good luck with your chemo today, by the way the doctor, two nurses & five people on this ward all have a transmissible respiratory virus that is VERY dangerous to you at this time’ yeah that would have been no problem 🤦‍♂️

But why take my word for any of this?

Go do your own research on this publicly available information & if you still think it’s wrong, challenge the highly educated scientists & data analysts that are concluding (following peer review of course) 

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sure. 

- excess death stats show beyond all reasonable doubt that Covid was killing people in large numbers 

- it’s fact that many people (such as care home residents who are some of the highest risk) were not being tested for Covid in the first wave (and to a lesser extent at other times). These deaths would not be included in the 28 day stats 

- recent analysis show it can take around 35 day’s from catching Covid to death. This will also mean there are people that died from Covid after the 28 day threshold. 

- as for your point on cancer & other diseases, it’s a myth that we could have handled these far better without concentrating on Covid. despite very strict lockdowns, the NHS was very nearly overwhelmed several times. What else could we have done? Not focused on Covid & focused on these other diseases. That would have ended up with FAR more sick Covid patients (and NHS staff) in hospital… generally where we treat our cancer patients. ‘Good luck with your chemo today, by the way the doctor, two nurses & five people on this ward all have a transmissible respiratory virus that is VERY dangerous to you at this time’ yeah that would have been no problem 🤦‍♂️

But why take my word for any of this?

Go do your own research on this publicly available information & if you still think it’s wrong, challenge the highly educated scientists & data analysts that are concluding (following peer review of course) 

Never read so much drivel, and that says something. :lol:

You actually BELIEVE this, which confirms you're level of understanding of almost anything.

By the way, which way should I sail to stop me falling off the flat earth, thinking of going on a cruise? :1eye

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Never read so much drivel, and that says something. :lol:

You actually BELIEVE this, which confirms you're level of understanding of almost anything.

By the way, which way should I sail to stop me falling off the flat earth, thinking of going on a cruise? :1eye

It is what the evidence says. Which part exactly don’t you believe & what educational background have you got to challenge it? 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

https://youtu.be/9UHvwWWcjYw

Freedom of information regarding  dying with/due to covid 

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It is what the evidence says. Which part exactly don’t you believe & what educational background have you got to challenge it? 🤷‍♂️

It's what the FACTS say, why don't you believe them and what O level did you get to be in a position to challenge anything? 

Feck off, we've done this to death, you're a simpleton and I'm done with playing your game. :byebye

It's what the FACTS say, why don't you believe them and what O level did you get to be in a position to challenge anything? 
Feck off, we've done this to death, you're a simpleton and I'm done with playing your game. :byebye
Yeah, evidence is not conclusion. It can point you in a certain direction, and the more evidence you have that points in the same direction, the more confidence you can have in that direction, but it is NOT a conclusion in and of itself. If it was, you would only need one piece of evidence to conclude anything at all - the sky is blue so is the sea, so the sky is made of salt water and has fish in it - see, dead easy.

Questioning someone's intelligence with a non existence qualification in Scotland. Almost a thich as fcuk faux pas [emoji14]

On 1/21/2022 at 11:41 PM, faraway saint said:

Embarrassing 

🏆 The Award for Worst Excuse of The Year goes to…… 🥁 NICOLA STURGEON!!! 🙌🏼

This is a beauty….

When confronted about the fact that Scotland’s tighter restrictions in December had zero impact on infection rates (something that ScotGov’s own report admitted to)….

When it’s pointed out that an ONS survey last week calculated 1 in 20 people in Scotland (with restrictions) had covid compared to 1 in 20 people in England (without restrictions)…

The FM says…

‘…MODELS predicted we’d have 50,000 infections a day, we never got near that’.

The same MODELS on Omicron that Sage themselves have now admitted were wildly wrong by an epic margin???

Hundreds of millions in tax revenue and ‘support’ was wasted on shutting down #nightclubs and restricting #hospitality in December….people lost jobs and businesses closed permanently as a result.

How many cancer wards, extra nurse staff and hospital beds could that have paid for?

Worth it? Really?

[emoji471] The Award for Worst Excuse of The Year goes to…… [emoji1623] NICOLA STURGEON!!! [emoji1373]

This is a beauty….

When confronted about the fact that Scotland’s tighter restrictions in December had zero impact on infection rates (something that ScotGov’s own report admitted to)….

When it’s pointed out that an ONS survey last week calculated 1 in 20 people in Scotland (with restrictions) had covid compared to 1 in 20 people in England (without restrictions)…

The FM says…

‘…MODELS predicted we’d have 50,000 infections a day, we never got near that’.

The same MODELS on Omicron that Sage themselves have now admitted were wildly wrong by an epic margin???

Hundreds of millions in tax revenue and ‘support’ was wasted on shutting down #nightclubs and restricting #hospitality in December….people lost jobs and businesses closed permanently as a result.

How many cancer wards, extra nurse staff and hospital beds could that have paid for?

Worth it? Really?
I think it's reached the stage where we just have to live with it, unless a particularly dangerous variant appears.

7 minutes ago, ianmac said:

I think you will find that if you look at the ONS figures the 1 in 20 is the number of people who had covid in a particular week, not the total number who have ever had Omicron. They reckon at the moment 97% of Covid infections are Omicron.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, UK - Office for National Statistics 

My apologies, I overlooked the time period.

Still, 95% of people NOT having it in a week is less of a worry to some than the choice of numbers used by Governments. 

We've got an "outbreak" of cases at our work right now.

Teo people from 40, the usual over reaction means we're ALL tested every morning.

The two guys are fighting fit but will lose money for having the "cold", not even the flu.

Never mind, the media have lost interest, this will, fingers crossed, disappear soon and all the malingerers will get back to work rather than sitting on their arses watching Phil & Holly every morning.

Well done Neil Young, prepared to put his money where his mouth is and make a stand.

Shame on Spotify, allowing this muppet to spout lies and damaging information to millions.

If I had Spotify I'd bin it immediately, the only way these corporate numbskulls will do the right thing. 

https://inews.co.uk/culture/music/neil-young-songs-spotify-removed-joe-rogan-podcast-covid-claims-row-explained-1427435/amp

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Shame on Spotify, allowing this muppet to spout lies and damaging information to millions

Div does the same……………although to be fair it’s to dozens rather than millions