Coronavirus

faraway saint

31 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Not following your logic there bud?

The changing parameters of science based advice has genuinely been a source of angst.

As a manager, I have a team to pass fact based information on to.

If the advice I am given is continually contradictory, how am I supposed to make informed decisions?

What that has to do with any other forum user, I cannot fathom.

Very strange comment.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Looking back I can see why that flew over your head... Baz knows I was only kidding.... anyway that's me off to work Somewhere there's a crime being committed...  I expect our new manager to be in place covid free when I get back tonight 

Looking back I can see why that flew over your head... Baz knows I was only kidding.... anyway that's me off to work Somewhere there's a crime being committed...  I expect our new manager to be in place covid free when I get back tonight 
Have a good shift.

I know not of whom you speak. [emoji850]

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

On 2/20/2022 at 1:57 PM, faraway saint said:

Eh?

Cases, staying steady.

Hospital, MARGINALLY rising, still very low (About half what they were just about a month ago)

ICU, DROPPING.

(All the above in Scotland)

Still a problem, so much so England will be dropping ALL restriction within a few weeks, that includes mask wearing.

Only a problem if you want it to be a problem, not for me.

Quite a few of my family have caught it within the last 3 weeks, slight sore head, lacklustre for a day or two, aye, that's a problem. 

Again hospital numbers up ,over the 1000 mark ,and ICU numbers up 

23 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Again hospital numbers up ,over the 1000 mark ,and ICU numbers up 

Hospital numbers still half what they were, but you stick with the "rising", I would suggest barely rising.

image.thumb.png.5754cbf84e1adc968e8e8fe97e1006b7.png

ICU RISING? Away and have a look at yourself. :lol:

image.thumb.png.dea0dfeaa1b235e8c4a93a63a9ba51b6.png

I noticed that FACT cases are dropping doesn't suit whatever agenda you have so you failed to mention them? 

image.thumb.png.7fb914850be68fa09ea5cb90c1d91a1d.png

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hospital numbers still half what they were, but you stick with the "rising", I would suggest barely rising.

image.thumb.png.5754cbf84e1adc968e8e8fe97e1006b7.png

ICU RISING? Away and have a look at yourself. :lol:

image.thumb.png.dea0dfeaa1b235e8c4a93a63a9ba51b6.png

I noticed that FACT cases are dropping doesn't suit whatever agenda you have so you failed to mention them? 

image.thumb.png.7fb914850be68fa09ea5cb90c1d91a1d.png

Hospital  cases rising EVERY day for a week. ICU have now started to rise ,watch this week for it to rise as well.

R number been rising for last 5 days 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

WGAF, except you? 

It's history. :byebye

Not history mate my niece  despite having her booster has now had covid twice and this latest time ,thought to have been from her holiday in the States has hit her for seven.

Not over despite what Boris says !

2 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Not history mate my niece  despite having her booster has now had covid twice and this latest time ,thought to have been from her holiday in the States has hit her for seven.

Not over despite what Boris says !

Jeezo, yes there are a SMALL, far too many zero's for my calculator to show as a percentage of the population, amount of people who will get "hit for six", not seven. :lol:

The NUMBERS in ICU are averaging 11 over the last week.

For every anecdotal story you provide I could give you ten that gives an opposite version, next to no effects, vastly different from the first variant, before vaccinations. 

It's not over, it's firmly in the cold/flu bracket and, unless another variant comes along, and even that is unlikely to cause the devastation the first wave did, we are getting on with life, well, most of us are.

I'm not quite sure what you're aiming at, continued restrictions, more restrictions?   

How many people do you know that, mask wearing apart, are following ANY restrictions? (I'm not even sure there are ANY restrictions bar masks) 

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, yes there are a SMALL, far too many zero's for my calculator to show as a percentage of the population, amount of people who will get "hit for six", not seven. :lol:

The NUMBERS in ICU are averaging 11 over the last week.

For every anecdotal story you provide I could give you ten that gives an opposite version, next to no effects, vastly different from the first variant, before vaccinations. 

It's not over, it's firmly in the cold/flu bracket and, unless another variant comes along, and even that is unlikely to cause the devastation the first wave did, we are getting on with life, well, most of us are.

I'm not quite sure what you're aiming at, continued restrictions, more restrictions?   

How many people do you know that, mask wearing apart, are following ANY restrictions? (I'm not even sure there are ANY restrictions bar masks) 

_123339722_covidpatients-feb21.png

3 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Graph shows steady rising cases for the last 2 weeks 

Jeezo, started slowly rising on the 14th February not quite the "2 weeks".

It seems you are the only person still quaking in their boots, even wee Nicky has dropped vaccine passports and "Burn your mask" day is only 4 weeks away.

You are perfectly entitled to stay as cautious as you choose, after 21st March Covid will be a distant memory. :byebye

At least she is a bit more sensible opposed to daft boris trying to redeem himself🙄. As for burn your mask day,  as well we all know there is an element that would look for any reason not to wear one so for them it will seem like a moronic victory😡😡😡

In saying that I'm going to have to wear one at work again....................too many people can see I'm calling them all w*****s😂😂😂

8 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

At least she is a bit more sensible opposed to daft boris trying to redeem himself🙄. As for burn your mask day,  as well we all know there is an element that would look for any reason not to wear one so for them it will seem like a moronic victory😡😡😡

In saying that I'm going to have to wear one at work again....................too many people can see I'm calling them all w*****s😂😂😂

Sensible? 

Unnecessary restrictions since December and last to see we're at the stage that we should, and will, learn to live with covid.

Sorry mate, plenty have been scunnered by the over cautious approach, which has caused damage to business's while having NO effect on the numbers. 

As for the small minority who have been behaving like arses about masks, who cares, the majority, myself included, have, and will still wear a mask, until it's officially decided we don't have to wear them. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Sensible? 

Unnecessary restrictions since December and last to see we're at the stage that we should, and will, learn to live with covid.

Sorry mate, plenty have been scunnered by the over cautious approach, which has caused damage to business's while having NO effect on the numbers. 

As for the small minority who have been behaving like arses about masks, who cares, the majority, myself included, have, and will still wear a mask, until it's officially decided we don't have to wear them. 

History will judge which home nation handled the pandemic better. Scotland certainly have the stronger comparable figures on protecting the population against the virus. I am also not seeing any data that suggests England protected businesses or the economy from damage more than the other three home nations. 

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, started slowly rising on the 14th February not quite the "2 weeks".

It seems you are the only person still quaking in their boots, even wee Nicky has dropped vaccine passports and "Burn your mask" day is only 4 weeks away.

You are perfectly entitled to stay as cautious as you choose, after 21st March Covid will be a distant memory. :byebye

Hospital  numbers up again yesterday

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

Hospital  numbers ,cases ,deaths all up today,no trends going down in any categories. 

You forgot ICU, jeezo, angel of death's got nothing on you. :byebye

You do know taking day by day numbers smacks of desperation, a tactic used by the simpleton bazil previously?

Just saying.

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Hospital  numbers ,cases ,deaths all up today,no trends going down in any categories. 

You do know that if there is only 1 case,  1 Hospital admission ,1 ICU admission. & 1 death tomorrow , that will mean the totals will go up .   
Taking one day , two days , even a week as a snapshot will not give a full and clear picture.  You have to look at a slightly longer timescale to give a true picture.   Although there has undoubtedly been a rise in positive tests, in the past while, there has been a plateau or very slight fall in Admissions , the trends over the last month has seen a significant reduction in the ICU & Death rates. 

0E8C383F-179A-492C-A246-8E448E844405.png

31A5C2CF-3975-40DC-B9DD-824CAD1C0A8A.png

AD6768FC-3EF1-437F-A8DC-61425B6A164D.png

50 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You do know that if there is only 1 case,  1 Hospital admission ,1 ICU admission. & 1 death tomorrow , that will mean the totals will go up .   
Taking one day , two days , even a week as a snapshot will not give a full and clear picture.  You have to look at a slightly longer timescale to give a true picture.   Although there has undoubtedly been a rise in positive tests, in the past while, there has been a plateau or very slight fall in Admissions , the trends over the last month has seen a significant reduction in the ICU & Death rates. 

All fairly obvious, and even with the slight rises, the actual numbers are so low that they, acknowledging that every death is tragic, are insignificant for the population as a whole.

To look into the numbers deeper would probably show the majority are in the vulnerable group of people or unvaccinated. 

(For clarity, the last sentence is not based on facts, just a hunch :wink:)

On 2/23/2022 at 7:20 PM, faraway saint said:

All fairly obvious, and even with the slight rises, the actual numbers are so low that they, acknowledging that every death is tragic, are insignificant for the population as a whole.

To look into the numbers deeper would probably show the majority are in the vulnerable group of people or unvaccinated. 

(For clarity, the last sentence is not based on facts, just a hunch :wink:)

Numbers are split pretty even this week with  admissions  of under 60 and over 60 being equal , and with 74 under 18s being admitted