Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Indie Sage, as usual at 13.30 today had its charts. Similar concerns to the above.

like last week, Scotland is again of growing concern with the number of infections and hospitalisations.  Slight uptick in England also now.

the charts/data start about 2m20s.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, covid is a lower risk infection than the flu.

That means there's less chance of death from covid than the flu.

Only 9 days till "Burn the Mask" day, I'll post pictures. :thumbs2

Please remember that “Burn the Mask” day can only be of some joy - if you keep it on as you set light to it.

3 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Going to San Francisco on the 23rd, will still need to keep masks for a while yet even though they are becoming a rarer sight down here.

There will be quite a group of people who will continue to wear masks for the foreseeable future, I've no problem with that at all.

They could be in the vulnerable groups and with the amount of scaremongering over the last two years will still be worried, entirely up to each individual. 

I was at a social event last Saturday night and not one person wore a mask, although we did when we walked in.

Ach, everybody has their own feelings on this, I just want to forget about it, Ukraine is bad enough without unnecessary, IMO, mask wearing. 

10 hours ago, antrin said:

Indie Sage, as usual at 13.30 today had its charts. Similar concerns to the above.

like last week, Scotland is again of growing concern with the number of infections and hospitalisations.  Slight uptick in England also now.

the charts/data start about 2m20s.

Thanks. Interesting watch and listen. Dropping our behavioural contributions to arresting the progress of the virus had been left to each member of the public to decide. The maths involved overall in the rise, evolution and transferability of the virus as it mutates point, for me personally, to maintain mask wearing and other behaviours which point towards the reduction of the likelihood of catching the virus (I have already) but also helping to stop me from further spreading this to others. We don’t inhabit the world on our own and our responsibilities don’t stop with ourselves. Clearly too, some who watch the video will miss the maths and take simplistic messages that suit their own approach. Dangerous IMO

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

There will be quite a group of people who will continue to wear masks for the foreseeable future, I've no problem with that at all.

They could be in the vulnerable groups and with the amount of scaremongering over the last two years will still be worried, entirely up to each individual. 

I was at a social event last Saturday night and not one person wore a mask, although we did when we walked in.

Ach, everybody has their own feelings on this, I just want to forget about it, Ukraine is bad enough without unnecessary, IMO, mask wearing. 

‘Scaremongering’ 

Over 6 million dead (only the ones being recorded) from the pandemic globally. Aye, ‘scaremongering’ it is. 🤦‍♂️

25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

‘Scaremongering’ 

Over 6 million dead (only the ones being recorded) from the pandemic globally. Aye, ‘scaremongering’ it is. 🤦‍♂️

Methinks the man is a member of Numpties International.

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Strange conclusion to reach. The sort one makes when ones mind is made up before examining the evidence.

Strange statement to make. The sort one makes when ones mind is made up about someone without knowing anything whatsoever about the evidence they have examined.

1 minute ago, Sue Denim said:

I’ve not been posting for a while. Is this a new tit or an alias of an existing tit?

Thicky. A tit nonetheless. 

@Sidmirren will be along, that's another pathetic Shull alias, and his posts are hilarious, if a tad repetitive. 

They team up and terrorise the forum, I'm a nervous wreck when they gang up on me. :lol:

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

6 million dead, so 2 years of restrictions were pointless 

your virtue, their deaths 

That makes absolutely no sense. Would have been far more without restrictions as we can see when comparing some nations that were more relaxed about restrictions than others. 

Ah, virtue signalling. The sign of a person that hates been called on their unethical stance. 

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Thicky. A tit nonetheless. 

@Sidmirren will be along, that's another pathetic Shull alias, and his posts are hilarious, if a tad repetitive. 

They team up and terrorise the forum, I'm a nervous wreck when they gang up on me. :lol:

A massive part of your life is antagonising & trolling the forum. 😂

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

That makes absolutely no sense. Would have been far more without restrictions as we can see when comparing some nations that were more relaxed about restrictions than others. 

Ah, virtue signalling. The sign of a person that hates been called on their unethical stance. 

True indeed 

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

California had more deaths than Florida

Belgium had more deaths than Sweden

Your “ethical stance” has resulted in millions of deaths worldwide 

Your “ethical stance”, their deaths 

8 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

California had more deaths than Florida

Belgium had more deaths than Sweden

Your “ethical stance” has resulted in millions of deaths worldwide 

Your “ethical stance”, their deaths 

I meant to say poor lonely bazil has tried to team up with the aforementioned two trolls in his desperation to have some pals. :lol:

He's another one who almost copies and pastes most of his posts. 🤡