Coronavirus

faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Many health boards say they are seeing more Covid patients in hospital now than at any point in the pandemic.

Yet there is no clamour from medics and health officials for more restrictions - that's because Covid itself is less of a direct threat than it once was.

The vast majority of Covid patients do not need to be admitted to intensive care and are recovering more quickly. That's down to high vaccination rates and better treatments.

Selective quoting there Mr FS

Still dangerous at scale 

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wait, I mentioned a doctor the other day but you preferred anecdotal stories.

I show you facts, stats but you prefer a throwaway line from STV.

Now what, you getting all sentimental over everyone that's in hospital, mostly NOT from with covid?

Dear oh dear, here we go again, you I need help. 

FIFY

They weren't talking stats. They were talking actual people. But that obviously doesn't matter to you.

Edited by stlucifer

24 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I realise you're apathetic to other people's plight but it doesn't make the statement any less true. You once again fall back to the childish emoji to hide your inability to admit you're wrong. 

Take pleasure in being right SL.

Stats back you up.

FS is clearly a Glass Half Full Person on the question off Covid and much of what he says is also true…if taken in context don’t you think?

Around 60% of those in hospital have covid but are not in hospital BECAUSE of covid. 
Yep, and 100% of those in hospital have skin but are not in hospital BECAUSE of skin. We should have 100% lockdown until we can get rid of skin. You know it makes sense. [emoji16]

On a brighter note, there are only 31 in intensive care with covid - but not necessarily because of it.

3 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Yep, and 100% of those in hospital have skin but are not in hospital BECAUSE of skin. We should have 100% lockdown until we can get rid of skin. You know it makes sense. emoji16.png

On a brighter note, there are only 31 in intensive care with covid - but not necessarily because of it.

This guy doesn't, pray for him, as long as you've washed your hands. 

Artwork Poster featuring the photograph Human Skeleton by Sciepro

2 years ago this evening the real lockdown was announced.

Nobody, except Bazil, knew what was in front of us, been a difficult time, especially for people who have lost family/friends.

It's as good as behind us, well, most of us, enjoy life while you can, we're certainly making up for lost time with holidays and family time. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Nobody, except Bazil, knew what was in front of us, been a difficult time, especially for people who have lost family/friends.

It's as good as behind us, well, most of us, enjoy life while you can, we're certainly making up for lost time with holidays and family time. 

Agree with your first two points and with most of the last but it is not over. Sadly

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It's been rising every week for the last 7 weeks ,no sign of reaching peak yet ,hospitals are full and back canceling  appointments , schools closing  classes  never back to normal any time soon!

19 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

It's been rising every week for the last 7 weeks ,no sign of reaching peak yet ,hospitals are full and back canceling  appointments , schools closing  classes  never back to normal any time soon!

Can I ask, are you blind?

If not, maybe you need to stop looking at the numbers and look around you. 

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jings FS. I think that’s what the guy is doing. Acknowledge that people draw different conclusions .Apart from the stats I have found more people in our circle catching Covid.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I do look around and there are people right left and centre down with this virus in every walk of life from kids to OAP s 

Today's total is about  12000 ,so it's not going down and hospital  numbers now over 2200

You must live in some strange place not to see and hear the numbers of people  off work or kids not going to school

Just for the record  ,parts of England are far worse than Scotland ,the south east with a population  of 5.6 million had 27000 cases yesterday ,over twice what we have.

England is just coming late but will be in same position  we are very shortly.

30 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Just for the record  ,parts of England are far worse than Scotland ,the south east with a population  of 5.6 million had 27000 cases yesterday ,over twice what we have.

England is just coming late but will be in same position  we are very shortly.

Nearer 9 or 10 million, I think…?

that’s without London which is another 30+ million.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Go and have a look at the RAH where there are queues of ambulance down to the car park entrance as they try to deliver their patients Waiting times for non emergency ambulance are 8/12 hours because of this Im sure most other hospitals are the same

Take your head out the sand,covid is still with us and will be for a while yet

It’s only in the past fortnight that we personally know people who have actually caught covid.  Quite. Lot, too.

Previously it had been anecdotal - all the covid sufferers we heard of  - it was via second-hand info.

So it seems this is a more easily catchable version  - hits more people, much more efficiently  than earlier variants.

And that substantiates all that I’m reading online from medics.

58 minutes ago, HSS said:

Go and have a look at the RAH where there are queues of ambulance down to the car park entrance as they try to deliver their patients Waiting times for non emergency ambulance are 8/12 hours because of this Im sure most other hospitals are the same

Perhaps it's time for the medical profession to change how they deal with covid. 

Currently there are still lots of protocols and preventative measures to stop the spread - separate wards etc - which reduces capacity.

This is despite the risk from covid drastically reducing - flu is now more deadly. I currently have covid and it feels like a mild cold - I know lots of people who have had it recently and no-one has been really unwell.

Perhaps if we remove protocols given the reduced risk it might help hospitals cope better.

43 minutes ago, HSS said:

Where did I say it wasn't?  :wacko:

You're jumping to conclusions, calm down dear. 

Here's the new admissions,  and I'll remind you, although I have mentioned it before, 60% of those in covid WITH covid are not in hospital BECAUSE of Covid. 

While the covid admissions will add to the existing patients it would be foolish :rolleyes: to look at ALL admissions being down to covid. 

While in Scotland the number of people who HAD covid is 1 in 14 that means 93 people in every hundred HAVEN'T. 

You've heard the phrase "we have to live with covid", that's what the majority are doing. 

I was at a social event a few weeks ago, NO MASKS, at Gayfield on Saturday, staff apart, I spotted between 15-20 people wearing masks from 1,700 people. 

image.thumb.png.2cc1a0905f6331fedec10830ae3095f7.png

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I was at a social event a few weeks ago, NO MASKS, at Gayfield on Saturday, staff apart, I spotted between 15-20 people wearing masks from 1,700 people. 

Maybe that’s why the numbers are so high?

Knowing people for whom “It’s a bit of a cold” is nothing like the thousands having to be hospitalised.  It is still dangerous for sectors of the population that this government has abandoned.

and because of that, the system has to cope with extra protection and actions so as not to spread it further within hospitals to a population that is already weakened, fragile and susceptible.

the protocols are there for that reason.

It always amazes me that surgeons/doctors!nurses wash their hands between operations, but I guess that’s bloody bothersome protocols, again!