Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Here's the new admissions,  and I'll remind you, although I have mentioned it before, 60% of those in covid WITH covid are not in hospital BECAUSE of Covid. 

It means that covid was identified due a deterioration in whatever they may have, that necessitated hospitalisation.  That is all.

But covid could have been the final straw that exacerbated an underlying condition.  Covid weakens as well as kills.

medical staff would be less exercised about blocked beds and underperforming other procedures if they could be as dismissively glib as fartaway about people with covid who’d not been identified before admission.

jeeze….

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

It means that covid was identified due a deterioration in whatever they may have, that necessitated hospitalisation.  That is all.

But covid could have been the final straw that exacerbated an underlying condition.  Covid weakens as well as kills.

medical staff would be less exercised about blocked beds and underperforming other procedures if they could be as dismissively glib as fartaway about people with covid who’d not been identified before admission.

jeeze….

Oh, "may have" & "could have", that's that then, debate over.

Glib? Again, you're perception, not worth a jot as you do nothing but follow me around with your never ending sniping.

What a walloper. 

Sheesh, 

Edited by faraway saint

20 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Perhaps it's time for the medical profession to change how they deal with covid. 

Currently there are still lots of protocols and preventative measures to stop the spread - separate wards etc - which reduces capacity.

This is despite the risk from covid drastically reducing - flu is now more deadly. I currently have covid and it feels like a mild cold - I know lots of people who have had it recently and no-one has been really unwell.

Perhaps if we remove protocols given the reduced risk it might help hospitals cope better.

Precisely my experience, as tantrum said, there are more cases but the relatively mild effects are most common.

While the build up in hospitals is a concern, the knock on effect will be with us for some time, exactly WHAT the solution is seems to be impossible to answer, despite overwhelming vaccinations.  

On 3/21/2022 at 5:32 PM, faraway saint said:

So, today was supposed to be mask burning day, postponed till April.

Were there any other restrictions removed today, I'm out of touch.

All numbers down today, except hospital, flat.

Hopefully this recent increase is on it's way out. :thumbs2

Fit to fly test passed, so tomorrow exactly 2 years since we were supposed to go to San Francisco we finally get to go, can't wait to get on a plane to somewhere different.

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

was at a social event a few weeks ago, NO MASKS, at Gayfield on Saturday, staff apart, I spotted between 15-20 people wearing masks from 1,700 people

Personal anecdote never outranks data, and medical opinion.   There is no need for masks to be worn at well-ventilated, outdoor events - also.  Idiot.

I realise that your (correct use of your spelling - “you’re”, by the way) desperate plea for me to stop correcting your Ill-informed, arse-wipe personal opinions and that they should be respected is boringly repetitive.  You hate being proved wrong, so just stop posting personal shite as if you have a direct connection to some Arbroath god.

As you’re (correct use of “you’re”, by the way) always abusive and impolite to other posters, I feel no remorse at picking on you.  You’re like a nightly scab.

I use “may have” and “could have” because that is what scientists are doing and always do.  I try to offer their most up to date medical and scientific opinions that I read or hear of.  It’s not about me or my opinions.

Unlike you, I don’t dream of of being cocksure and certain of my opinions being more accurate than that of those people actually doing that work.

your bullshit does not outperform brains.

in the past you never read complete posts.  “Too many words.”  Herein lies your problem.  :lol:

ps sorry about “cocksure”.  Too personal?

30 minutes ago, antrin said:

Personal anecdote never outranks data, and medical opinion.   There is no need for masks to be worn at well-ventilated, outdoor events - also.  Idiot.

I realise that your (correct use of your spelling - “you’re”, by the way) desperate plea for me to stop correcting your Ill-informed, arse-wipe personal opinions and that they should be respected is boringly repetitive.  You hate being proved wrong, so just stop posting personal shite as if you have a direct connection to some Arbroath god.

As you’re (correct use of “you’re”, by the way) always abusive and impolite to other posters, I feel no remorse at picking on you.  You’re like a nightly scab.

I use “may have” and “could have” because that is what scientists are doing and always do.  I try to offer their most up to date medical and scientific opinions that I read or hear of.  It’s not about me or my opinions.

Unlike you, I don’t dream of of being cocksure and certain of my opinions being more accurate than that of those people actually doing that work.

in the past you never read complete posts.  “Too many words.”  Herein lies your problem.  :lol:

I do enjoy you wasting your sad life getting upset and the bitterness eating away inside you, all because of hee haw. :lol:

Climbing into to bed with the only troll on the forum, and someone you're equally angry with, drops you into the new level of scuminess. 

Tick tock, not be long. :byebye

PS It's customary to start sentences with a capital letter, disappointing from the self appointed saviour of the forum. :1eye

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, "may have" & "could have", that's that then, debate over.

Glib? Again, you're perception, not worth a jot as you do nothing but follow me around with your never ending sniping.

What a walloper. 

Sheesh, 

The tiny bully who abuses St Mirren supporting pensioners is paranoid and wrecked.

What a big man eh ?

1 hour ago, antrin said:

A 100% accurate summation of the forum scab. Thank you Antrin.

Now, lets hope everbody clicks on the poisoned dwarfs profile, that will have his brainless toxic head explode. 

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

Fit to fly test passed, so tomorrow exactly 2 years since we were supposed to go to San Francisco we finally get to go, can't wait to get on a plane to somewhere different.

Enjoy SS. Never been there! 

3 hours ago, antrin said:

Knowing people for whom “It’s a bit of a cold” is nothing like the thousands having to be hospitalised.  It is still dangerous for sectors of the population that this government has abandoned.

and because of that, the system has to cope with extra protection and actions so as not to spread it further within hospitals to a population that is already weakened, fragile and susceptible.

the protocols are there for that reason.

It always amazes me that surgeons/doctors!nurses wash their hands between operations, but I guess that’s bloody bothersome protocols, again!

My point though is there currently is a massive pre occupation with trying to stop the spread. Have you been to a GP recently? Temp checks, masks, everyone in hazmat suits, last time I was there I thought I was going to be sprayed with disinfectant, all to "stop the spread". Well, it's not working, 1 in 14 had it in Scotland last week. We have flu every year, which also kills, and now in greater numbers than covid, but I don't recall any previous attempts to segregate in hospitals for any other illness.

8 hours ago, Hendo said:

My point though is there currently is a massive pre occupation with trying to stop the spread. Have you been to a GP recently? Temp checks, masks, everyone in hazmat suits, last time I was there I thought I was going to be sprayed with disinfectant, all to "stop the spread". Well, it's not working, 1 in 14 had it in Scotland last week. We have flu every year, which also kills, and now in greater numbers than covid, but I don't recall any previous attempts to segregate in hospitals for any other illness.

Add in mandatory absence from work and school when most people are fit to attend both. 

Remember, 1 in 14 means 93 from 100 DON'T have it. 

Edited by faraway saint

I’m all right Jack soon turns to woe is me for the anti protocols brigade if they catch it. Stay safe. Take advantage of the available tools . Very little , if any , trouble in doing so. Sounds like argument for arguments sake. 

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

I understood what you’re saying and hoping for, but the very fact that those health care professionals are going to such trouble to protect themselves just suggests to me that they are all too aware that it ISN’T over, they feel threatened and they know what to do to reduce transmission.

Why else would they take such trouble…?

Personal, anecdotal evidence is of little value.  I offered mine yesterday…

”It’s only in the past fortnight that we personally know people who have actually caught covid.  Quite. Lot, too.

Previously it had been anecdotal - all the covid sufferers that we heard of  - it was via second-hand info.

So it seems this is a more easily catchable version  - hits more people, much more efficiently  than earlier variants.

And that substantiates all that I’m reading online from medics.”

…but was careful to point out that I was still only offering opinion based on what professionals knew.  Your GP knows that it's mainly people who are already somehow sick who turn up at their facilities, so they take precautions.

According to Indie Sage,  they theorise that current growing transmission is caused by schools not being adequately ventilated with pupils mixing whilst not wearing masks and not being vaccinated, as they are in all the countries currently being more successful than the UK.

kids pass it to parents and grandparents etc.

graphs reflect that as certainly being a potential mode of transmission.

12 hours ago, Hendo said:

Hendo. The question to ask is what would or might have been the figures without the precautions.

Hendo. The question to ask is what would or might have been the figures without the precautions.
And the answer to that is "nobody knows" (except Baz, of course). No two countries are directly comparable so it would just be assumptions.

Washing hands regularly is a different matter and is something that everyone should do, pandemic or not. It's embarrassing that there had to be information put out to tell people how to wash their hands properly.