Coronavirus

faraway saint

On 3/23/2022 at 3:07 PM, Slarti said:

And the answer to that is "nobody knows" (except Baz, of course). No two countries are directly comparable so it would just be assumptions.

Washing hands regularly is a different matter and is something that everyone should do, pandemic or not. It's embarrassing that there had to be information put out to tell people how to wash their hands properly.

Still obsessed. So much for the ‘ignore’ attempt. 

Edited by bazil85

So wee Nicky has, at last, seen sense and mask wearing, the last remnant of the regulations, are to be binned on the 18th April.

Good news, for most of us, the screaming that's been going on in the last few weeks from a handful, how apt, should disappear into oblivion. 

It seems the NHS is coping, the numbers continue to look positive, the recent blip, while still unexplained, isn't the end of the world after all.

Happy days, well, for the vast majority of the population. 

Dr Christine Tait-Burkard, a leading infections expert at University of Edinburgh, told BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland masks should still be worn in high-risk environments such as public transport and healthcare settings but legal enforcement should be dropped.

She said cases in the wave of the Omicron sub-variant affecting Scotland had dropped off quickly in Germany and the Netherlands, despite them removing legal mask requirements.

Cases, continue to show a downward trend, good news.

Deaths, flat, still low, yet tragic for every single one.

Hospitalisations, flat.

ICU, the downward trend continues.

I suppose the recent numbers, combined with evidence from other countries, Germany & Holland, helped the Scottish government take the steps they did today.  :thumbs2

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So wee Nicky has, at last, seen sense and mask wearing, the last remnant of the regulations, are to be binned on the 18th April.

Good news, for most of us, the screaming that's been going on in the last few weeks from a handful, how apt, should disappear into oblivion. 

It seems the NHS is coping, the numbers continue to look positive, the recent blip, while still unexplained, isn't the end of the world after all.

Happy days, well, for the vast majority of the population. 

Dr Christine Tait-Burkard, a leading infections expert at University of Edinburgh, told BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland masks should still be worn in high-risk environments such as public transport and healthcare settings but legal enforcement should be dropped.

She said cases in the wave of the Omicron sub-variant affecting Scotland had dropped off quickly in Germany and the Netherlands, despite them removing legal mask requirements.

Sorry we don t live in Germany or the Netherlands  ,there is still 1 in 11 people  her with the virus!!

10 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Sorry we don t live in Germany or the Netherlands  ,there is still 1 in 11 people  her with the virus!!

Oh, if you, or any of your family, feel that mask wearing is of some benefit by all means continue, that's got to be seen as the right decision for people that are still concerned or vulnerable. 

Here’s an intelligent, scientific, medical person’s report on the current status of this pandemic. Professor Christina Pagel.

She has been collating, analysing and presenting this data for Indie Sage, on YouTube, most Fridays since that got going.  Very clear and knowledgeable.  She is far from optimistic.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/30/uk-near-record-covid-cases-three-myths-omicron-pandemic

If you have a short attention span, then please don’t waste your precious time on this.  There are emoticons to post and “likes” to be chased…

ignore the data.   Go on, knock yourself out.  Please.

Edited by antrin

On 3/23/2022 at 3:07 PM, Slarti said:

And the answer to that is "nobody knows" (except Baz, of course). No two countries are directly comparable so it would just be assumptions.

Washing hands regularly is a different matter and is something that everyone should do, pandemic or not. It's embarrassing that there had to be information put out to tell people how to wash their hands properly.

On 3/22/2022 at 7:12 AM, faraway saint said:

2 years ago this evening the real lockdown was announced.

Nobody, except Bazil, knew what was in front of us, been a difficult time, especially for people who have lost family/friends.

It's as good as behind us, well, most of us, enjoy life while you can, we're certainly making up for lost time with holidays and family time. 

Oh it is clear who the "needy" ones are on here, it's very well documented. 

If you really wanted to ignore me, you'd be capable of not mentioning me, the reality is, you only use the ignore function to hide. Almost any time I am quoted on a thread, neither of these posters are far behind. They're like puppy dogs, biting at my ankles. 🤣

Still gagging for attention from old Baz :) 

55 minutes ago, antrin said:

Here’s an intelligent, scientific, medical person’s report on the current status of this pandemic. Professor Christina Pagel.

She has been collating, analysing and presenting this data for Indie Sage, on YouTube, most Fridays since that got going.  Very clear and knowledgeable.  She is far from optimistic.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/30/uk-near-record-covid-cases-three-myths-omicron-pandemic

If you have a short attention span, then please don’t waste your precious time on this.  There are emoticons to post and “likes” to be chased…

Another "I'm more intelligent than you" post.

Has anybody actually said this is over, if not, I suggest you try to keep your lack of any personal opinion ability to yourself, keep trawling You Tube, very apt. 😆

On 2/9/2022 at 12:14 PM, faraway saint said:

Covid? Thought it was over? 

Too little too late. 

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Another "I'm more intelligent than you" post.

Has anybody actually said this is over, if not, I suggest you try to keep your lack of any personal opinion ability to yourself, keep trawling You Tube, very apt. 😆

:whistle

Edited by bazil85

I see that there's a needy c**t trying to get my attention again (tapatalk alerts me, unfortunately) even though he knows he's on ignore. You'd think he'd have learned by now. [emoji1787]
Another notification, so it appears he still hasn't learned. [emoji1787]

5 minutes ago, Slarti said:
11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
I have them turned off, he'll be suicidal getting no replies. emoji38.png

How do you do that? I've unsubscribed from the thread, so I don't get notifcations of people posting, but I still get notifications of replies and likes.

I'm using Chrome mate, not tap talk. 

I'm using Chrome mate, not tap talk. 
Yeah, I don't have a problem on the laptop (using chrome) but I mostly use my phone for on here and it's too small on chrome for my auld eyes - so Tapatalk it is. When's Div doing this new BAWA app?

Oh well, at least it gives me a laugh. [emoji1787]

54 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Yeah, I don't have a problem on the laptop (using chrome) but I mostly use my phone for on here and it's too small on chrome for my auld eyes - so Tapatalk it is. When's Div doing this new BAWA app?

Oh well, at least it gives me a laugh. emoji1787.png

You should be able to change your phone text size in the settings, or if you just want it changed for websites do it in the browser settings. Should be 3 wee dots top right. Press that, settings, accessibility, text scaling. 👍

You should be able to change your phone text size in the settings, or if you just want it changed for websites do it in the browser settings. Should be 3 wee dots top right. Press that, settings, accessibility, text scaling. [emoji106]
The problem's only arisen since I "downsized" my phone, so it's all my own doing. [emoji1787]

7 hours ago, antrin said:

That is a scary read. Especially the final paragraph where she suggests ways to mitigate against further variants. They are mostly actions which require money to improve conditions for ordinary people , anathema for Tory governments.