Coronavirus

faraway saint

Just now, Rascal said:

I appreciate the compliment. Not too often that I am calls funny. Now that’s a good one. 😊 

Usual response, you try to pick apart a post with utter drivel, it gets pointed out you have posted utter drivel, you come back with, well, more utter drivel.

There's a theme here. 😆😆😆

Just now, faraway saint said:

Usual response, you try to pick apart a post with utter drivel, it gets pointed out you have posted utter drivel, you come back with, well, more utter drivel.

There's a theme here. 😆😆😆

A pattern you created. Surprised you didn’t patent it. As to the virus, it remains a real and present danger particularly for those with compromised immune systems. I for one, don’t discount these. Everyone counts or no one counts.

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

A pattern you created. Surprised you didn’t patent it. As to the virus, it remains a real and present danger particularly for those with compromised immune systems. I for one, don’t discount these. Everyone counts or no one counts.

^^^^^ Like trying to engage with a chimp. 🙉🙉🙉

Just now, faraway saint said:

And he’s back like the proverbial bad penny. Let me make this clear. I acknowledge your right to your beliefs on Covid but I do not share them. This is called Opinions. My belief is that this virus remains as a threat to many both here and overseas and that international travel helps this spread and quickly. Now just accept that people have different views to your own and try very hard not to reply!

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

And he’s back like the proverbial bad penny. Let me make this clear. I acknowledge your right to your beliefs on Covid but I do not share them. This is called Opinions. My belief is that this virus remains as a threat to many both here and overseas and that international travel helps this spread and quickly. Now just accept that people have different views to your own and try very hard not to reply!

Jesus, using someone else's tired patter.

No surprise, your last brain cell is working overtime. 🙉🙉🙉

20 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Meanwhile the "rampant" virus has dropped to just over 2,000 cases, going down quicker than a blow up doll when it's been sat on a nail. 

Hospitalisations, remembering well over half are NOT in hospital BECAUSE of covid, are also going down at a steady rate. 

ICU, steady at around 20 in the whole of Scotland.

The tragic deaths averaging just over 20. :(

Considering there are no restrictions the vaccination programme, backed up with better treatment in hospital, is keeping the virus at bay. 

Average deaths /day this week are 50% higher  than last week and cases at 2700 today show it's not going away 

1 minute ago, waldorf34 said:

Average deaths /day this week are 50% higher  than last week and cases at 2700 today show it's not going away 

Selective facts as usual. 

Cases dropping like a stone and just under 3,000 is a drop in the ocean when the vast majority have little/no side effects. 

I'll get back to you later, work to do. 🙄

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I wouldn’t describe you as a chimp. They are quite intelligent animals. Truthfully, give it a break. People have different opinions. The thing to do is to respect them. We differ on this - that’s fine with me but doing the equivalent of trying to shout people down doesn’t enhance your argument in any way. The virus is still a threat. It hasn’t gone away.

34 minutes ago, Rascal said:

People have different opinions. The thing to do is to respect them. 

Everyone has the right to an opinion, but not all opinions are equal, not all are worthy of respect and some are not even worthy of consideration.

55 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Everyone has the right to an opinion, but not all opinions are equal, not all are worthy of respect and some are not even worthy of consideration.

Very philosophical Slarti. The issue is though that opinions are given from the viewpoint of one person where they will no doubt believe them to be valid by whatever measure they use whilst others from their personal viewpoint disagree. To dismiss others views then without respect , in my mind, merely diminishes the individual who does so. Facts help but even there interpretations differ. Lies, dammed lies and statistics is the saying that comes to mind. Also, he who pays the piper calls the tune when it comes to supposedly independent studies.Then again, some opinions are just so outrageous that I might be tempted to agree with you.

Very philosophical Slarti. The issue is though that opinions are given from the viewpoint of one person where they will no doubt believe them to be valid by whatever measure they use whilst others from their personal viewpoint disagree. To dismiss others views then without respect , in my mind, merely diminishes the individual who does so. Facts help but even there interpretations differ. Lies, dammed lies and statistics is the saying that comes to mind. Also, he who pays the piper calls the tune when it comes to supposedly independent studies.Then again, some opinions are just so outrageous that I might be tempted to agree with you.
It's not philosophical at all, it's just the truth.

1 minute ago, Slarti said:
51 minutes ago, Rascal said:

It's not philosophical at all, it's just the truth.

It could be both

51 minutes ago, Rascal said:

You've got some brass neck after some of your posts, but that's another well known fact, an obnoxious old cnut was the term used as I recall. 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You've got some brass neck after some of your posts, but that's another well known fact, an obnoxious old cnut was the term used as I recall. 

Oh dear. Your cage is rattled.

I am assuming you understand.

Steady on.

This is not the real world. I for one believe that you are probably a quiet and likeable guy offline.

Edited by Rascal

4 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Ok, yes they are, but are at a very small number of 31.

Now if, as you have been for the last few months, trying to make these small numbers any more than than they are you really need to have a good look at yourself.

Aye, cases are 2,700 but are, since you like to play the percentage game, are DOWN by over 70% in a month.

Hospitalisations, surprising you didn't mention these, are also showing a steady fall.

ICU, as it has been for a while is still averaging about 20.

No, it's not going away, it'll be here along with the flu, for a long while.

PS I asked you this before but here we go, what restrictions would you have in place at this point? 

Edited by faraway saint