Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Very smart move by Starmer saying he will resign if fined.  Now Boris is in a right corner all brought on by listening to his so called advisors.

No way he can survive either way now. 

Sorry, but…. Bollox.

The lying, fornicating, glib Buffoon has never followed any of the previously  accepted morality in politics.

He has lied, cheated, dissembled, made money for himself and never been known to be on top of any job in which he landed.  He is a charlatan.

He will never resign due to committing whatever venal act that normal society sees as indefensible and in which he has been caught, trousers down or otherwise.

He will limp on till the Tory Party thinks it has a chance of winning with someone else that the thick UK public might vote for… as dictated by the Mail and other such tawdry rags.

The Tories don’t care about how feckless the Buffoon may be in delivering for the people of GB, only in what the Buffoon can do for them.

Edited by antrin

Might be worth watching South Africa.................as they did see the Omicron variant come and go last year.

TWO new Covid strains have been designated as 'variants of concern' amid signs that they can dodge immune protection, including reinfecting people who previously had Omicron infections.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/two-covid-strains-upgraded-variants-095844619.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, them Chinese are now physically grabbing people, bundling them into vans and carting them away to god knows where.

Massive over reaction.

Just a short reminder

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A memorial for all of those lives lost due to covid unveiled in Pollok park.

If I'm ever close I'll drop in, very touching. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-61611189

Alec Finlay

A couple of relatives are going up to make a visit to this today, I'm afraid the pictures don't give it a very impressive, or suitably respectful, look.

Looks like it's been done on the cheap, and within a few months will start to look, well, just like wooden posts holding up trees. 

I can, sadly, also see them being easy targets for mindless vandalism. 

I'll reserve judgement until I hear from my relatives or see it for myself.  

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

A couple of relatives are going up to make a visit to this today, I'm afraid the pictures don't give it a very impressive, or suitably respectful, look.

Looks like it's been done on the cheap, and within a few months will start to look, well, just like wooden posts holding up trees. 

Going for a Peek(ing)?

On 5/28/2022 at 6:28 AM, faraway saint said:

To keep this short, my aunt was really disappointed, and somewhat upset, at this attempt to recognise the sad deaths from Covid, including a close family relative.

So much so she left after 10 minutes, an absolute waste of money and looks cheap/tacky were her words.

In her, and my uncles opinion, this shows no respect and lacks the class a memorial should have.

I'll not bother giving it a visit, even the pictures I've managed to find look worse and worse with every look. 

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

To keep this short, my aunt was really disappointed, and somewhat upset, at this attempt to recognise the sad deaths from Covid, including a close family relative.

So much so she left after 10 minutes, an absolute waste of money and looks cheap/tacky were her words.

In her, and my uncles opinion, this shows no respect and lacks the class a memorial should have.

I'll not bother giving it a visit, even the pictures I've managed to find look worse and worse with every look. 

Admittedly, it didn’t look impressive on TV. Especially when this commemorates such a severe pandemic which spread rapidly from China to the rest of the globe, touching all our our lives.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, them Chinese are now physically grabbing people, bundling them into vans and carting them away to god knows where.

Massive over reaction.

Coronavirus cases on the rise again. 
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/10/covid-infections-on-the-rise-in-england-and-northern-ireland

Meanwhile another small step showing the rest of the world, outside a small part of London, East Kilbride & Stirling, are putting Covid behind us.............

U.S. drops Covid testing requirement for international travelers

The Biden administration will drop the Covid-19 testing requirement for inbound air travelers from abroad on Sunday, ending one of the longest-running travel restrictions of the pandemic.

The rule, put in place by the Trump administration in early 2021 and later tightened by the Biden administration, most recently required inbound travelers, including U.S. citizens, to show proof of a negative Covid test a day before boarding U.S.-bound flights. Travelers entering the U.S. at land border crossings were exempt.

The change takes effect at 12:01 a.m. ET on Sunday.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Meanwhile another small step showing the rest of the world, outside a small part of London, East Kilbride & Stirling, are putting Covid behind us.............

U.S. drops Covid testing requirement for international travelers

The Biden administration will drop the Covid-19 testing requirement for inbound air travelers from abroad on Sunday, ending one of the longest-running travel restrictions of the pandemic.

The rule, put in place by the Trump administration in early 2021 and later tightened by the Biden administration, most recently required inbound travelers, including U.S. citizens, to show proof of a negative Covid test a day before boarding U.S.-bound flights. Travelers entering the U.S. at land border crossings were exempt.

The change takes effect at 12:01 a.m. ET on Sunday.

Meanwhile in Scotland numbers are up!

21 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Aye, averaging just over 1,000, help ma boab. :lol:

8, aye, 8 in ICU with just over 500 in hospital.

Go figure them numbers as a percentage of the population.

It's not over, neither is the flu, we live with it, well, most of us do. :byebye

22 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

They are indeed. I’d love to think that we were finished with it but we are not. Each country is at different stages with it and new waves are still happening. I look forward to the day when I can say that the F Man is right on this but that isn’t now. Worth recalling his opening post on this thread. An absolute classic!!