Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Disappointing news for Betty in East Kilbride, cases are dropping. 

Despite this my daughter has caught it so 10 days off work as she works with vulnerable adults. 

Best time of the year to have some paid holidays.

She's got a headache, paracetamol just about keeping it under control. 

I hadn't been infected, but tested positive last week and had four days of quite nasty symptoms. The sore throat in particular, was like swallowing razor blades. Symptoms are mostly away, but I'm still far from 100% and completely washed out. My wife tested positive today. We were due to fly out on holiday today.

As a result, this year's holiday is now next year's summer holiday. 

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're an idiot. :byebye

Not really. Try not to be so selective in your choice of statistics. You might want to watch Ch 4 News on Catch Up. A very good explanation of where Scotland, Wales and also England and NI are with the virus. Confirms what I said. Scotland has 1 in 17 or so with Wales similar and England and NI on 1 in 25. Still growing in Scotland but less rapidly which was taken to be a sign that we are nearing the peak. Up to you what you believe, however I refer you to your opening post on this thread. It didn’t start well for you. Why not try using facts to support your opinions rather than making derogatory comments about other posters? Maybe that’s too much to expect.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I hadn't been infected, but tested positive last week and had four days of quite nasty symptoms. The sore throat in particular, was like swallowing razor blades. Symptoms are mostly away, but I'm still far from 100% and completely washed out. My wife tested positive today. We were due to fly out on holiday today.

It’s a bugger. Had it in January. Sorry to read this FTOF. 

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Yeah, people get it more than other's.

It just so happens most, if not all, of the people I know who have had it have mild cold like symptoms.

Unlucky for you.

7 minutes ago, Rascal said:

rather than making derogatory comments about other posters? Maybe that’s too much to expect.

I've already showed facts, all you do is say words, maybe time you shuffled off to bed, it's been a long day making up imaginary stuff, must take it out of you. 

PS Calling you an idiot isn't an insult, it's factually true. 

The brass neck irony when you "liked" Betty from East Kilbrides post, couldnae make it up. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, faraway saint said:

I've already showed facts, all you do is say words, maybe time you shuffled off to bed, it's been a long day making up imaginary stuff, must take it out of you. 

Well. There you go again. Your ego must be very fragile. It shows. No idea why you have such low self esteem but you might find that not lashing out blindly in temper might build your character.  Maybe folks might stop pointing out your “wee man syndrome”. Anyway. Not wasting time on you. Watch Ch 4 news and learn.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yeah, people get it more than other's.

It just so happens most, if not all, of the people I know who have had it have mild cold like symptoms.

Unlucky for you.

Opposite for me.

Most completely floored by it for at least a couple of days. I wasn't completely floored by it, but my symptoms were very unpleasant. Most definitely not like a cold.

However, younger folk at work seemed the least affected.

As it stands , my wife looks as if she might get off easier than me, but we couldn't take the chance of going on holiday, with the way both of us are. Plus, as we're highly infectious, we didn't want to pass on to anyone, which we undoubtedly would have on a three hour flight, or at the hotel etc.

It's hugely disappointing, but it wouldn't have been a carefree holiday.

Shit happens. 

23 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Well. There you go again. Your ego must be very fragile. It shows. No idea why you have such low self esteem but you might find that not lashing out blindly in temper might build your character.  Maybe folks might stop pointing out your “wee man syndrome”. Anyway. Not wasting time on you. Watch Ch 4 news and learn.

Idiot. :byebye

49 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Opposite for me.

Most completely floored by it for at least a couple of days. I wasn't completely floored by it, but my symptoms were very unpleasant. Most definitely not like a cold.

However, younger folk at work seemed the least affected.

As it stands , my wife looks as if she might get off easier than me, but we couldn't take the chance of going on holiday, with the way both of us are. Plus, as we're highly infectious, we didn't want to pass on to anyone, which we undoubtedly would have on a three hour flight, or at the hotel etc.

It's hugely disappointing, but it wouldn't have been a carefree holiday.

Shit happens. 

A most sensible attitude towards your holiday as there are some who would still go ahead 'because they could'.

12 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

A most sensible attitude towards your holiday as there are some who would still go ahead 'because they could'.

I was fortunate in that I was able to re-arrange my holiday for next year, although it's a wee bit more expensive, as you would expect given the current financial situation.

I also had Covid insurance, which wouldn't have paid out, given the aforementioned situation. However, if Tui didn't have that policy in place, then I could have claimed.

Not everyone, for one reason or another, has that level of cover in place and I can understand why people might go ahead.

However, I had a couple* of beers last night and today I feel wiped out. Not the way that you want to feel on holiday. It's absolutely shite, but them's the breaks, as they say.

*I really mean a couple. Not the "couple" that you tell your wife that you've had when you've been down watching Ferguslie at cricket all afternoon, and had half a dozen.:lol:

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I was fortunate in that I was able to re-arrange my holiday for next year, although it's a wee bit more expensive, as you would expect given the current financial situation.

I also had Covid insurance, which wouldn't have paid out, given the aforementioned situation. However, if Tui didn't have that policy in place, then I could have claimed.

Not everyone, for one reason or another, has that level of cover in place and I can understand why people might go ahead.

However, I had a couple* of beers last night and today I feel wiped out. Not the way that you want to feel on holiday. It's absolutely shite, but them's the breaks, as they say.

*I really mean a couple. Not the "couple" that you tell your wife that you've had when you've been down watching Ferguslie at cricket all afternoon, and had half a dozen.:lol:

Wiped out is a good description. It’s beyond tiredness. Take it easy. Don’t risk long covid. 

On 2/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, them Chinese are now physically grabbing people, bundling them into vans and carting them away to god knows where.

Massive over reaction.

Update: Cases still high in Scotland.

Thankfully no need for drastic measures due to a mixture of an effective vaccine and less toxic variant. BBC Scotland radio discussion seemed to focus on personal responsibilities taking precautions appropriate to their vulnerability.

18 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Update: Cases still high in Scotland.

Thankfully no need for drastic measures due to a mixture of an effective vaccine and less toxic variant. BBC Scotland radio discussion seemed to focus on personal responsibilities taking precautions appropriate to their vulnerability.

:snore

On 2/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, them Chinese are now physically grabbing people, bundling them into vans and carting them away to god knows where.

Massive over reaction.

Cases up 30% in the last week.

It hasn’t gone away.

Of two friends who have it just now - one is at home, sore throat, cough and tired. The other is in hospital having lost the use of his legs and arms - not symptoms would have associated with the illness.

11 minutes ago, Rascal said:

It hasn’t gone away.

Of two friends who have it just now - one is at home, sore throat, cough and tired. The other is in hospital having lost the use of his legs and arms - not symptoms would have associated with the illness.

Bore off. :snore

18 minutes ago, Rascal said:

It hasn’t gone away.

Scotland, cases DOWN 3% this week.

6.3% HAVE Covid, for the hard of thinking, that's 93.7 DON'T have Covid.

Run for the hills, although watching The Open right now you'd think there was nothing to worry about. 

Scotland, cases DOWN 3% this week.

6.3% HAVE Covid, for the hard of thinking, that's 93.7 DON'T have Covid.

Run for the hills, although watching The Open right now you'd think there was nothing to worry about. 

For the hard of thinking…

UK economy is doing fine!
Up from the abyss that the Tory government dragged it into last year.

it's still shite with no hope of booming again for decades.

Statistics dear boy: infinitely malleable.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

For the hard of thinking…

UK economy is doing fine!
Up from the abyss that the Tory government dragged it into last year.

it's still shite with no hope of booming again for decades.

Statistics dear boy: infinitely malleable.

Wrong thread, politics thread for your skewed view.

Hope this helps. :byebye

Wrong thread, politics thread for your skewed view.

Hope this helps. :byebye

You are wrong as ever.

Unlike yourself I am not narrow-minded… and I have a brain capable of holding more than a single thought at a time. I feel for you…

…and…

I believe my post IS more helpful.  :)

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

You are wrong as ever.

Unlike yourself I am not narrow-minded… and I have a brain capable of holding more than a single thought at a time. I feel for you…

…and…

I believe my post IS more helpful.  :)

No I'm not.

You are, add in bitter and twisted, quite a mix. 

I don't even pity you, I mock you. 😴