Coronavirus

faraway saint

7 hours ago, Rascal said:

Cases up 30% in the last week.

It hasn’t gone away.

Of two friends who have it just now - one is at home, sore throat, cough and tired. The other is in hospital having lost the use of his legs and arms - not symptoms would have associated with the illness.

According to my mum I had these symptoms when I was a teenager?

Scotland has the highest rate of infection in the UK . 1 in 16 have the illness as two new strains take prominence. Fortunately they seem to bring mild symptoms for most. 

The lesson we should have learned from the first post in this thread was not to underestimate the threat of this virus to the population. Has that lesson been learned?

I doubt it. 

I do wonder how they come up with the numbers as you can’t get a PCR test so are relying on self diagnosis? The NHS will stop giving “special leave no questions asked “ on the 1st September and if you have it after then it’s down as sick absences which are recorded. I have a funny feeling the numbers will go down when that happens. 

3 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I do wonder how they come up with the numbers as you can’t get a PCR test so are relying on self diagnosis? The NHS will stop giving “special leave no questions asked “ on the 1st September and if you have it after then it’s down as sick absences which are recorded. I have a funny feeling the numbers will go down when that happens. 

My daughter, who works with vulnerable adults, caught it just over a week ago.

The council HAD a 10 day rule in place BUT with quite a few people off they changed the rules to 2 days clear and get back to work.

Funny that. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

My daughter, who works with vulnerable adults, caught it just over a week ago.

The council HAD a 10 day rule in place BUT with quite a few people off they changed the rules to 2 days clear and get back to work.

Funny that. 

Indeed, given about 25% of jobs in Scotland are in the public sector, that could really effect the numbers of people self reporting with Covid? 

2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Indeed, given about 25% of jobs in Scotland are in the public sector, that could really effect the numbers of people self reporting with Covid? 

When the "rules" change the numbers will change, no doubt.

With the next booster due in September this should see a further drop in cases that actually lead to more serious consequences.  

45 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I think the ONS Survey is not based on individuals reporting that they have tested positive. It is done by ONS sending out tests to a sample of the population and doing a statistical analysis of the results to determine the level of infection.

It is explained here  Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey: methods and further information - Office for National Statistics

2 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Albion

i do take your point.

1 hour ago, ianmac said:

I think the ONS Survey is not based on individuals reporting that they have tested positive. It is done by ONS sending out tests to a sample of the population and doing a statistical analysis of the results to determine the level of infection.

It is explained here  Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey: methods and further information - Office for National Statistics

It is indeed.

I know about half a dozen people who have tested positive for Covid in the past couple of weeks and none of them reported it through the available portals. There's no way the stats from reported LFT results could be used with any degree of reliability.

51 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It is indeed.

I know about half a dozen people who have tested positive for Covid in the past couple of weeks and none of them reported it through the available portals. There's no way the stats from reported LFT results could be used with any degree of reliability.

Choices are: Underestimating, Overestimating or Accurate. 

On 7/16/2022 at 5:22 PM, faraway saint said:

I don't recall anybody saying it was a joke? 

Good to see you taking a moral stance. Now 1 in 15 in Scotland are thought to have the virus according to the latest statistics.

4 hours ago, Rascal said:

Good to see you taking a moral stance. Now 1 in 15 in Scotland are thought to have the virus according to the latest statistics.

Whereas the stats that matter.................

Hospital admissions....................... down. 

ICU.......................down.

You being a twat......................Steady. 

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

COVID has not gone away. One in 15 have it in Scotland now including my wife who tested positive today. Only good news is that progression to higher levels of care is far less likely with current variants.

I don't think anyone said it HAD gone away.  The most that anyone has said is that it's time to live with it.

4 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I don't think anyone said it HAD gone away.  The most that anyone has said is that it's time to live with it.

Don't,  just don't engage with him.

It's a serious waste of time.

He'll regurgitate this term sometime soon, he thinks he's being smart, and we all know that's far from the truth. 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't,  just don't engage with him.

It's a serious waste of time.

He'll regurgitate this term sometime soon, he thinks he's being smart, and we all know that's far from the truth. 

I've taken him off ignore recently, I'll see how long it lasts. :D

Edinburgh professor Richard Ennos says official data for 2021 and 2022 ‘provide very strong evidence for a causal relationship’ between the vaccinations and a huge number of excess deaths in the country.

Professor Ennos has written to Siobhian Brown MSP, convener of the Scottish government’s covid-19 recovery committee, calling on her to re-open a public inquiry into the deaths which can only be partially explained by the virus.

Earlier this year, the committee investigated the cause of an unprecedented level of excess death recorded in Scotland from week 21 to week 52 of 2021.

Numbering 4,819, it was 12% above the average – the worst ever recorded.

Recorded deaths so far in 2022 are heading in the same direction, and Professor Ennos suggests they are now a consequence of the booster jab.

In a recent letter to Ms Brown, on July 12, he also expresses his concern that the public inquiry earlier this year into the 2021 excess death figures failed to make any mention of the injections as a potential cause.

He states that of 103 public submissions to the inquiry, more than a third pointed to the jabs as a possible reason for the inflated loss of lives.

He tells Ms Brown: ‘However, in your report to Humza Yousaf, cabinet secretary for health and social care, there was not a single mention of adverse reactions to covid-19 vaccines as a possible cause of the excess death seen Scotland in 2021.

‘This was despite the fact that a number of respondents provided detailed information from peer reviewed scientific papers showing that death is a known adverse reaction to the covid-19 vaccines, and that a variety of mechanisms of action have been established (induction of blood clots, myocarditis etc.).

‘Post mortems have also confirmed that covid-19 vaccination can cause death of recipients, and this is acknowledged by the UK government who have already paid compensation to multiple families of those who have died as a consequence of covid-19 vaccination.

‘Your lack of any reference to covid-19 vaccine adverse reactions as a contributor to excess death in Scotland in 2021 is even more concerning because recent detailed analysis of National Records of Scotland data now suggests a causal relationship between excess death in Scotland and covid-19 vaccinations.’

Professor Ennos states that the argument leading to this conclusion begins with the observation that in the last 32 weeks of 2021, excess death began in different age classes of the Scottish population in a staggered manner, approximately 12 weeks after peak vaccination of that age class.

Beginning with the oldest, this pattern was repeated as the jabs rollout continued down through ever younger age groups.

He suggests there can only be two reasons put forward for the extra deaths: it was the injections or it was a lack of medical care caused either by withdrawal of NHS services, or to patients’ failure to access these services, ‘both consequences of the Scottish government response to covid-19’.

However, he says, there was no consistent rise in excess deaths to point to delayed medical care as a result of long waiting lists.

Instead, what National Records of Scotland data reveal, says Professor Ennos, is a second staggering of excess deaths following the booster (third dose) jab – with 2022 mirroring the pattern of 2021 whereby age group deaths occurred approximately 12 weeks after peak administration of the vaccine.

He states that the sequential manner ‘predicted by the adverse reaction hypothesis … provides very strong evidence for a causal relationship between covid-19 vaccination and excess death’.

At the time of writing his letter, the cumulative excess deaths in Scotland in 2022 were 1,669, ‘and this number continues to increase each week’.

Professor Ennos letter concludes: ‘The National Records of Scotland data do not support the statement you made to Humza Yousaf on April 28, 2022 that “the excess deaths have decreased and, at the date of this letter, are below average for the time of year”.

‘On the contrary the excess death situation in Scotland in 2022 is turning out to be as serious as it was in 2021.

‘Given this body of evidence, I would like you to explain to me why, in your report to Humza Yousaf, you made absolutely no mention of the possibility that adverse reactions to the covid-19 vaccine were responsible for at least a portion of the excess deaths seen in Scotland in 2021.

‘I also call upon you to reopen the inquiry into excess deaths in Scotland, given the resurgence of excess deaths in 2022 (552 in the past four weeks alone), but this time taking into consideration that adverse reactions to the covid-19 vaccine may be a significant contributor to these excess deaths.’

In response to the questions raised by Professor Ennos’ letter, a Scottish parliament spokesman stated: ‘The committee’s inquiry into excess deaths in Scotland since the start of the pandemic has now concluded. All the evidence it considered, including the Scottish Government’s response to the committee’s findings is available on the parliament’s website.’

Professor Ennos said: ‘I dismay at this totally inadequate and evasive response from the Scottish government. It is not good enough. Lives are at stake, yet pertinent questions arising from official data are simply being dismissed. Where is the much-vaunted concern for public health we have had hammered at us for the past two and a half years?’