Coronavirus

faraway saint

37 minutes ago, Rascal said:

My wife tested positive just over a week ago but now testing negative. On the other hand I tested positive this morning so am now on my second Dose of COVID 19.  Symptoms were cough, stuffed up nose, some difficulties focussing and tiredness. It’s still out there.

That was good of you to attend the 1877 club and the match on Sunday to share among our support. 

14 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

That was good of you to attend the 1877 club and the match on Sunday to share among our support. 

Thanks but you got that wrong. Firstly I wasn’t in the 1877 club. Secondly. I tested negative that day before travelling (I tested as I would be sharing the car with others) and thirdly , to err on the safe side , I wore a mask during the drive and at the game apart from when I ate my steak pie and drank my Diet Coke. Oh - and to have a photograph taken with one of my granddaughters who was attending her first game at the age of 20. Couldn’t miss that opportunity.

Edited by Rascal

Just now, Rascal said:

Thanks but you got that wrong. Firstly I wasn’t in the 1877 club. Secondly. I tested negative that day before travelling (I tested as I would be sharing the car with others) and thirdly , to err on the safe side , I wore a mask during the drive and at the game apart from when I ate my steak pie and drank my Diet Coke.

Apologies. I was certain I recognised you in the club. Perhaps my eyesight needs testing.

Either that or you have a twin brother.

The correct action would have been to stay away.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/if-youre-told-to-self-isolate-by-nhs-test-and-trace-or-the-covid-19-app/

“You're more likely to catch COVID-19 if you live with or have stayed overnight in the household of someone who has the virus.

If you’ve had contact with someone who’s tested positive, it can take up to 10 days for your COVID-19 infection to develop. This means you could pass on the virus to other people, even if you do not have symptoms.

You can take steps to reduce the chance of passing COVID-19 on to others.

Limit contact with people you do not live with, particularly in crowded place”

14 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Apologies. I was certain I recognised you in the club. Perhaps my eyesight needs testing.

Either that or you have a twin brother.

The correct action would have been to stay away.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/if-youre-told-to-self-isolate-by-nhs-test-and-trace-or-the-covid-19-app/

“You're more likely to catch COVID-19 if you live with or have stayed overnight in the household of someone who has the virus.

If you’ve had contact with someone who’s tested positive, it can take up to 10 days for your COVID-19 infection to develop. This means you could pass on the virus to other people, even if you do not have symptoms.

You can take steps to reduce the chance of passing COVID-19 on to others.

Limit contact with people you do not live with, particularly in crowded place”

Thank you Doctor.

I also checked the current advice in Scotland before going on Sunday to make sure I was acting responsibly cos that’s the kind of guy that I am and followed that guidance. 

I’ve had 2 vaccinations and 2 boosters.

on my recent holiday, we were tested before being allowed on board ship.  All clear.

during the journey, we were temperature-tested prior to every meal - several fellow punters vanished to their cabins, for a protracted period.  Covid was obviously aboard,

I came home via Heathrow.  Had a slightly rough throat and a bit of a runny nose.  Intended to join pals for a usual few Saturday pints, but tested just in case.  

Wow!  The result was immediately very brightly positive.  My partner then also checked, despite no symptoms.  Also positive.

I've since spent every day in  my neglected, parched allotments, digging up spuds, beetroot etc from clay baked like concrete, lugging gallons of water about. No physical problems other than the (now-gone) sore throat and snotters.

I seem to have got off very lightly, considering alternatives that I’ve read about.

Proof, for me, that the jags DO work.  I’ll keep accepting ALL that our glorious NHS offer.

Will probably test again tomorrow…  out of interest.

(Tests previously supplied by NHS)

5 hours ago, antrin said:

on my recent holiday, we were tested before being allowed on board ship.  All clear.

during the journey, we were temperature-tested prior to every meal - several fellow punters vanished to their cabins, for a protracted period.  Covid was obviously aboard,

I came home via Heathrow.  Had a slightly rough throat and a bit of a runny nose.  Intended to join pals for a usual few Saturday pints, but tested just in case.  

Wow!  The result was immediately very brightly positive.  My partner then also checked, despite no symptoms.  Also positive.

I've since spent every day in  my neglected, parched allotments, digging up spuds, beetroot etc from clay baked like concrete, lugging gallons of water about. No physical problems other than the (now-gone) sore throat and snotters.

I seem to have got off very lightly, considering alternatives that I’ve read about.

Proof, for me, that the jags DO work.  I’ll keep accepting ALL that our glorious NHS offer.

Sorry to hear that. Very transmissible just now. Hope you (both) get no worse than you are now and test negative soon -Remember - Your Allotment Needs You!

PS. I hope to be able to use a hose (luxury or luxuries) to water our many pots, flowers and grass today. Much more mild this second time around for me at least.

Everyone, well, most people, will be happy the cases have fallen AGAIN this week, down 29%.

Good news all round, hospitalisations down 17% and ICU down 32% to only 17.

The next booster, is that due around September? 

Roll up, roll up, choose life, not hiding away. 

Edited by faraway saint

50 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Everyone, well, most people, will be happy the cases have fallen AGAIN this week, down 29%.

"Cases have fallen"?

Reported cases yes.

I've had a c u next Tuesday week thanks to positive results and symptoms.

Daycare shut. 

Charity losing money.

People needing support that can't get it.

However... Saying no more as I don't want to replace your scud mag! 

Once a master baiter... ... 

24 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

"Cases have fallen"?

Reported cases yes.

I've had a c u next Tuesday week thanks to positive results and symptoms.

Daycare shut. 

Charity losing money.

People needing support that can't get it.

However... Saying no more as I don't want to replace your scud mag! 

Once a master baiter... ... 

Boo fecking hoo........................back in your cave. :lol:

Write a wee poem, maybe you'll need it soon. :byebye

PS You're obsession with wanking really is worrying, away and get some new patter or you'll end up on the sex register. :thumbsdown

Edited by faraway saint

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Boo fecking hoo........................back in your cave. :lol:

Write a wee poem, maybe you'll need it soon. :byebye

PS You're obsession with wanking really is worrying, away and get some new patter or you'll end up on the sex register. :thumbsdown

Says a lot about you.

I had to make about 20 calls to carers of people with dementia to say essentially sorry... I know you need support and might be at breaking point, but we can't support you this week.

So aye... Boo feckin hoo indeed, you insensitive, heartless, cruel, self obsessed twat. 

Enjoy your weekend, even if others can't. 

Edited by BuddieinEK

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Says a lot about you.

I had to make about 20 calls to carers of people with dementia to say essentially sorry... I know you need support and might be at breaking point, but we can't support you this week.

So aye... Boo feckin hoo indeed, you insensitive, heartless, cruel, self obsessed twat. 

Enjoy your weekend, even if others can't. 

Shocked at you, Mr Careful, how'd you catch it, your prostitute not wear her usual mask?  :lol:

Send me a list, I'll shed a tear for every fecking one of these people. :thumbsdown

Now, back to your self pity, other's are enjoying their life. :byebye

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Shocked at you, Mr Careful, how'd you catch it, your prostitute not wear her usual mask?  :lol:

Send me a list, I'll shed a tear for every fecking one of these people. :thumbsdown

Now, back to your self pity, other's are enjoying their life. :byebye

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm still negative. 😂😂😂

On 8/4/2022 at 11:10 PM, antrin said:

Still testing positive here . Last time round I tested positive for 12 days. Not there yet . Symptoms still milder than before (thankfully)

On 8/4/2022 at 11:10 PM, antrin said:

Responsible self-isolation.  The degree by which immunisation reduces the severity of te virus should not be underestimated.  If you can isolate without impactimg work committments then the responsible thing is to be that soldier.

Edited by beyond our ken

On 8/5/2022 at 6:36 PM, faraway saint said:

September for flu and vulnerable oder people.  Over 50s will start in December

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

September for flu and vulnerable older people.  Over 50s will start in December

That seems to have been changed..............................from the Gov.Uk website...............I'm assuming Scotland will follow this? 

Everyone aged 50 and over will be among those offered a COVID-19 booster and a flu jab this autumn under plans to increase protection against respiratory viruses ahead of winter.

On coronavirus (COVID-19) boosters, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has now published its final recommendations for this autumn’s programme.

Under the advice, those eligible for a further dose will be:

• all adults aged 50 years and over

59 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Responsible self-isolation.  The degree by which immunisation reduces the severity of te virus should not be underestimated.  If you can isolate without impactimg work committments then the responsible thing is to be that soldier.

Spot on

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Irony when you were in the St Mirren club and traveled to/from the game in a car with other people. 

No shame, no surprise.  

Wonder what Betty from EK will say? 😄😄😄

Ah dear. Misinformed again.

Not in the 1877 Club. Not a member 

Scottish Government Recommendations Followed to the letter.

And -  I had tested negative.

Edited by Rascal