Coronavirus

faraway saint

Covid is still very much out there but it looks like it’s simply something we are all going to have to live with .
We all need to take care and make our choices that best suit our individual needs and circumstances.

My Boss has just returned today from almost three weeks off work having been Hospitalised with Covid. He has been fully vaccinated and his wife is in a vulnerable category but he chose to attend our recent divisional meeting with about 150 others without wearing a mask .Seemed a bit silly if you ask me, especially as he had pneumonia 3-4 years ago and that put him in Hospital .

My neighbour tested positive last week and she is neither up nor down - it’s her first case and she can’t understand what the fuss is about !  Everyone is going to have a different experience .

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Covid is still very much out there but it looks like it’s simply something we are all going to have to live with .
We all need to take care and make our choices that best suit our individual needs and circumstances.

My Boss has just returned today from almost three weeks off work having been Hospitalised with Covid. He has been fully vaccinated and his wife is in a vulnerable category but he chose to attend our recent divisional meeting with about 150 others without wearing a mask .Seemed a bit silly if you ask me, especially as he had pneumonia 3-4 years ago and that put him in Hospital .

My neighbour tested positive last week and she is neither up nor down - it’s her first case and she can’t understand what the fuss is about !  Everyone is going to have a different experience .

Aye. It IS certainly out there.   But this sleekit government has made sure that its shoddy mishandling of the whole thing can’t be accurately charted and documented - by the simple expedient of removing the process of counting/recording cases.

I’m sure my vaccinations are what have made me able to function same as ever, but I don’t doubt the impact it has on people less fragile.

EG a couple of my old running/bevvy pals.

I’m also lucky in that I quite enjoy self-inflicted isolation.  :)

Not only do I sometimes think, “Gie’s peace!”….
I regularly and happily seek it out.

12 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yes neighbour of mine in hospital intensive care in a bad way I heard with covid aged around 45/55 no idea if vaccinated or not 

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

That seems to have been changed..............................from the Gov.Uk website...............I'm assuming Scotland will follow this? 

Everyone aged 50 and over will be among those offered a COVID-19 booster and a flu jab this autumn under plans to increase protection against respiratory viruses ahead of winter.

On coronavirus (COVID-19) boosters, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has now published its final recommendations for this autumn’s programme.

Under the advice, those eligible for a further dose will be:

• all adults aged 50 years and over

For the NHS, the autumn covid campaign runs from mid-september to christmas, so the over 50s in general good health will start to get their boosters in December.  My wife works in the Forth Valley team and has been told that the focus in  September will be on flu jabs.  They will also target covid jabs at the housebound and those in residential care, alongside vulnerable persons not restricted to home.  they usually do the schools vaccine programme from August, but that will pause in September and a catch up programme will start in October.  Last year she worked in the Fife  NHS team and it took from ear;y September to the end of October to get round the vulnerable groups.  It will be different in each health board area, but only to a certain extent.

So you will get your booster in the autumn, it will just be in a part of the autumn that you might normally consider to be early winter.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Aye. It IS certainly out there.   But this sleekit government has made sure that its shoddy mishandling of the whole thing can’t be accurately charted and documented - by the simple expedient of removing the process of counting/recording cases.

I’m sure my vaccinations are what have made me able to function same as ever, but I don’t doubt the impact it has on people less fragile.

I’m also lucky in that I quite enjoy self-inflicted isolation.  :)

Oh give us a break!

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

For the NHS, the autumn covid campaign runs from mid-september to christmas, so the over 50s in general good health will start to get their boosters in December.  My wife works in the Forth Valley team and has been told that the focus in  September will be on flu jabs.  They will also target covid jabs at the housebound and those in residential care, alongside vulnerable persons not restricted to home.  they usually do the schools vaccine programme from August, but that will pause in September and a catch up programme will start in October.  Last year she worked in the Fife  NHS team and it took from ear;y September to the end of October to get round the vulnerable groups.  It will be different in each health board area, but only to a certain extent.

So you will get your booster in the autumn, it will just be in a part of the autumn that you might normally consider to be early winter.

OK, cheers.

Ill keep everyone updated when i get word through about mines as I'm, age apart, not in any vulnerable category. 👍

16 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Thanks for this.

I’m also lucky in that I quite enjoy self-inflicted isolation.  [emoji4]

LESS fragile?

42 minutes ago, Slarti said:
5 hours ago, antrin said:

I’m also lucky in that I quite enjoy self-inflicted isolation.  emoji4.png

LESS fragile?

Ooops. Ta.

The reverse.  “More”?

On 6/16/2022 at 4:29 PM, Rascal said:

I also apologise for only being a member of the 1877 Club and paying for an additional family member to join too.

9 hours ago, Rascal said:

Ah dear. Misinformed again.

Not in the 1877 Club. Not a member 

Oh my, what a fool you are, and a lying old fool into the bargain. :lol:

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh my, what a fool you are, and a lying old fool into the bargain. :lol:

Ah….wrong again.

You seem determined to make yourself foolish on this thread - how did it start again? Oh yes - “them” Chinese carting people away !

I was a member and I paid for my grandson to be a member too. I stopped as he had finished his degree and would be moving away and we no longer used it.

I thought it better to leave space for others who might spend money in the club.

Nice little email from AW saying if I ever wanted to visit then I could be his guest. Very kind of him.

Try not to jump to conclusions.

Edited by Rascal

14 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Ah….wrong again.

You seem determined to make yourself foolish on this thread - how did it start again? Oh yes - “them” Chinese carting people away !

I was a member and I paid for my grandson to be a member too. I stopped as he had finished his degree and would be moving away and we no longer used it.

I thought it better to leave space for others who might spend money in the club.

Nice little email from AW saying if I ever wanted to visit then I could be his guest. Very kind of him.

Dig, dig , dig, as usual.

What an utter bawbag you are. :byebye

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Dig, dig , dig, as usual.

What an utter bawbag you are. :byebye

Are you really stupid or just trying to look that way. What don’t you understand?

I was a founder member, I took out membership for my grandson who, although from Edinburgh, was studying in Glasgow for the past 4 years and is a big fan of the Saints.

He graduated in July. Did well . 1st Class Honours (Business Analysis and Technology). Once known that he would be relocating, I cancelled both memberships.

Instead we decided to buy a season ticket for his 20 year old sister who is studying Astrophysics at Glasgow Uni.

Supporting the club and family.

Why you persist with this nonsense is beyond me. 

11 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I love that song and dedicate it to the man from Arbroath. PS Met Rick Parfitt when I was down in Buckinghamshire in the 70’s in a local pub.  He seemed a decent guy. Splashed the cash a bit.

Edited by Rascal

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, he calls you a liar, he then, by his own admission, posted he was a member, then, as if by magic, he makes up a story that he's no longer a member.

Not only spreading Covid but spreading more proof he's a fantasist, lier and embarrassment.

I do love him. :lol:

Hilarious.

Keep wasting your time

Was a member. Stopped being one.

True - simple - just like you.

Happy to have helped it form

Edited by Rascal

Ah….wrong again.

That can't be true, he told me in the pub a few weeks ago that I could be his guest. Feckin c**t that he is. [emoji16]

2 hours ago, Auld Vic said:

When did you stop being a founder member?

Screenshot_20220808-222212_kindlephoto-2613129.jpg

Well you ARE a founder member when you were one of those founding it when you are a member.

When One leaves then one becomes a former member who Had been one of the founding members. I was pleased to help make the set up possible as a fan of the club even though I don’t drink as it helped create a pub/club space for fans.

A bit like Gleddoch where I was asked to join when it was opening up as a Founding Member. Once I moved away I became a former member who had been one of the founding members. I was pleased to help make the set up possible as I had business dealings with the owners and their solicitors from Neil, Clark and Murray in Greenock.

Edited by Rascal