Coronavirus

faraway saint

The embarrassing attempts by the Scottish government to look into the Covid debacle continues.

The leading judge and several legal advisors resigned recently, quite why is anybody's guess.

A shocking state of affairs as, at this point, absolutely nothing has come of the enquiry.

Something stinks, IMO. 

Anwar said: "The families accept Mr Swinney is a man of integrity that has always treated them with respect, and that there was no political interference with this inquiry.

"However, the families told him in no uncertain terms that the Scottish inquiry has stalled and has so far betrayed the promises to keep them front and centre.

"The families will not be party to a box-ticking exercise and expect for a judge with a reputation for fairness, robustness, independence and compassion to be selected to deliver the truth and accountability.

"Up until now the family have felt they have been on a sinking ship.

"Mr Swinney advised the families today for the first time that there are 66 staff on the Scottish public inquiry - yet the families have no idea of their progress to date.

On 2/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, them Chinese are now physically grabbing people, bundling them into vans and carting them away to god knows where.

Massive over reaction.

No need for an enquiry then?

PS: it’s still around. 2 of our family have just tested positive.

12 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

Appointments for both of us coming up for both COVID and Flu virus. Wise to take these up imo.

Had COVID for the second time just outside the minimum time scales before a recent operation and my son and his wife have it at present. 

Despite early suggestions that the Chinese had overreacted (@faraway) the UK and Scotland were, perhaps, a little slow to react. Two things are needed imo, continued personal care including vaccinations and reviews to learn any lessons to enable improvements to be made.

37 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Appointments for both of us coming up for both COVID and Flu virus. Wise to take these up imo.

Had COVID for the second time just outside the minimum time scales before a recent operation and my son and his wife have it at present. 

Despite early suggestions that the Chinese had overreacted (@faraway) the UK and Scotland were, perhaps, a little slow to react. Two things are needed imo, continued personal care including vaccinations and reviews to learn any lessons to enable improvements to be made.

You, yet again, have totally misunderstood that post. 🙄

It wasn't in any way aimed at how seriously covid MIGHT have been at that stage but the fact that the public were being forcibly removed by the authorities and taken to God only knows where.

Now, give it a rest, your feeble mind needs a break. 

On 10/13/2022 at 12:56 PM, faraway saint said:

You, yet again, have totally misunderstood that post. 🙄

It wasn't in any way aimed at how seriously covid MIGHT have been at that stage but the fact that the public were being forcibly removed by the authorities and taken to God only knows where.

Now, give it a rest, your feeble mind needs a break. 

Oh dear. Still strikes a chord with you Mr F. One of your best ever posts that one about the Chinese overreacting. BTW. Two of our family have tested positive as have two of our next door neighbours. Thankfully, no overreaction, just isolating.

Possibly more good news, and people said it was like the flu..............................:rolleyes:

A revolutionary new treatment derived from banana protein offers hope for a new medicine which works against all coronavirus variants.

The chemical - H84T-BanLec - is isolated from banana fruit and works against all coronavirus variants and all flu variants.

It was initially designed before the pandemic to target flu, with the researchers hoping to move on to target coronaviruses but - ironically - COVID lockdowns put a stop to the research.

The researchers then discovered that the treatment, which has only been tested on animals to date, works on COVID-19.

56 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Felt worse after the flu jab to be honest!

Got both of mine a couple of weeks ago, ambushed from both sides 🤣

Would have said was a bit ropey next day but I think that had more to do with me going out the same night as getting jabs.

Would have been rude to stay in on a Saturday night🤣🤣

On 10/25/2022 at 10:58 PM, Slarti said:

Aye, but that can't be right, lockdown saved lives remember, it' a "fact". :whistle

I know you're being facetious, but I'm sure in the initial stages of Covid where we were woefullu unprepared for a pandemic, lockdown did save lives.

However, in hindsight, it went on for far too long.

It was always about balancing prevention of spread of Covid with the knock-on effects of mental health issues, lack of provision of treatment for cancer, Alzheimer's etc.

Unfortunately, we still have Covid which although not as big an issue regarding deaths, will clog up a health service which is failing to cope with the aforementioned knock-on effects.

The most important thing is that we learn from this experience.

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I know you're being facetious, but I'm sure in the initial stages of Covid where we were woefully unprepared for a pandemic, lockdown did save lives.

However, in hindsight, it went on for far too long.

It was always about balancing prevention of spread of Covid with the knock-on effects of mental health issues, lack of provision of treatment for cancer, Alzheimer's etc.

Unfortunately, we still have Covid which although not as big an issue regarding deaths, will clog up a health service which is failing to cope with the aforementioned knock-on effects.

The most important thing is that we learn from this experience.

Aye, hindsight, Covid came, pretty much, out of the blue.

Almost every country made mistakes, unfortunately life's were lost during this horrific spell.

As you say, IF anything similar comes along the world should be better equipped to reduce the catastrophic effects it had on many of us. 

My booster next week should see me through the coming year. :thumbs2

Aye, hindsight, Covid came, pretty much, out of the blue.
Almost every country made mistakes, unfortunately life's were lost during this horrific spell.
As you say, IF anything similar comes along the world should be better equipped to reduce the catastrophic effects it had on many of us. 
My booster next week should see me through the coming year. :thumbs2

I've got my booster booked for the 11th of November. Will get the flu one too at same time.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk