Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Booster done, decided against the flu, don't really see the need.

Almost forgot about my appointment, just popped into my head at 2:30, had to leave work just before 3, phew. 

Anyhow, left arm selected, need my right arm as I'm working tomorrow. 

I’m going for the double whammy next Friday .    
The Covid booster / jab has never bothered me but the Flu jab left me a bit sore n ‘ flu-ey’ last year for a couple of days . 

Seems to be lots of folk with the Flu / heavy cold at the moment, don’t want to be one of them 🤧 

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The Covid booster / jab has never bothered me but the Flu jab left me a bit sore n ‘ flu-ey’ last year for a couple of days . 

Seems to be lots of folk with the Flu / heavy cold at the moment, don’t want to be one of them 🤧 

I've only had real flu twice so, playing the odds, decided not to bother.

Aye, quite a few people feel a bit shit with the flu jab, another reason I passed. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I see faraway made a wee mistake describing what he's intending to do. two letters make a big difference. He is a worker after all.

Ooops. Silly me. I made the same mistake.

On 11/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, faraway saint said:

Booster done, decided against the flu, don't really see the need.

Almost forgot about my appointment, just popped into my head at 2:30, had to leave work just before 3, phew. 

Anyhow, left arm selected, need my right arm as I'm working tomorrow. 

So, very slight pain with the jab but absolutely no other effects so very pleased with the whole process. 

That's me immune 🙄 for the foreseeable. 😉

• 1 month later...

This from a year ago when the scaremongering and knickerwetting had been rife......................

‘As a doctor, it pains me to say this, but I believe that this climate of dread is being deliberately manufactured’. Prof Angus Dalgleish
Sturgeon spoke of a ‘Tsunami’. Boris described it as a ‘tidal wave’. 6 weeks on it hasn’t happened.
The South African Medical Association warned we were overreacting to Omicron.
Christopher Witty said ‘idea that Omicron is milder is a myth’. The Data along with studies in Scotland and England now suggest otherwise.
Sage has now admitted their scenarios are not accurate.
Now medical voices are speaking out.
#travelindustry , #hospitalityindustry , #sportingevents are all being decimated in the name of political point scoring.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, it's emerging that there was a deliberate ploy by the government to scare the public into complying with lockdowns/restrictions with the exaggeration of the new strain, the Omicron.

Many people, after watching the facts come from South Africa, questioned the seriousness of this new strain, yet many of the "sheep" were eager to continue with unwarranted restraints on day to day living.

Resulting in further unnecessary destruction of businesses and the health of the general public. 

Imagine that eh? 

So, it's emerging that there was a deliberate ploy by the government to scare the public into complying with lockdowns/restrictions with the exaggeration of the new strain, the Omicron.
Many people, after watching the facts come from South Africa, questioned the seriousness of this new strain, yet many of the "sheep" were eager to continue with unwarranted restraints on day to day living.
Resulting in further unnecessary destruction of businesses and the health of the general public. 
Imagine that eh? 

Glad I never just listened to government More glad I never listened to any conspiracy theorist.

28 November 2021
https://www.who.int/news/item/28-11-2021-update-on-omicron

Initial reported infections were among university students—younger individuals who tend to have more mild disease—but understanding the level of severity of the Omicron variant will take days to several weeks. All variants of COVID-19, including the Delta variant that is dominant worldwide, can cause severe disease or death, in particular for the most vulnerable people, and thus prevention is always key.

08 August 2022
https://www.unicef.org/coronavirus/what-we-know-about-omicron-variant#severity

Is the Omicron variant more severe than other COVID-19 variants?

There is a reduced risk of hospitalization for Omicron compared to the Delta variant. But WHO warns that it should not be dismissed as “mild”. An increase in the number of COVID-19 related deaths because of the Omicron variant have been seen in many countries, especially where vaccination levels are low among vulnerable populations.

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Glad I never just listened to government More glad I never listened to any conspiracy theorist.

28 November 2021
https://www.who.int/news/item/28-11-2021-update-on-omicron

Initial reported infections were among university students—younger individuals who tend to have more mild disease—but understanding the level of severity of the Omicron variant will take days to several weeks. All variants of COVID-19, including the Delta variant that is dominant worldwide, can cause severe disease or death, in particular for the most vulnerable people, and thus prevention is always key.

08 August 2022
https://www.unicef.org/coronavirus/what-we-know-about-omicron-variant#severity

Is the Omicron variant more severe than other COVID-19 variants?

There is a reduced risk of hospitalization for Omicron compared to the Delta variant. But WHO warns that it should not be dismissed as “mild”. An increase in the number of COVID-19 related deaths because of the Omicron variant have been seen in many countries, especially where vaccination levels are low among vulnerable populations.

Omicron was first reported on late November 2021.

It quickly became apparent that it was spreading faster than previous variants but it also became apparent it caused less severe disease, especially in countries where vaccination levels were high, which included the UK.

This information and data were freely available. 

The UK government, along with the governments of the home countries chose, despite the evidence, to impose severe lockdown restrictions on people and businesses.

Disproportionate.

This thread had many posts 

The  

Omicron was first reported on late November 2021.
It quickly became apparent that it was spreading faster than previous variants but it also became apparent it caused less severe disease, especially in countries where vaccination levels were high, which included the UK.
This information and data were freely available. 
The UK government, along with the governments of the home countries chose, despite the evidence, to impose severe lockdown restrictions on people and businesses.
Disproportionate.
This thread had many posts 
The  

What extra restrictions were introduced from November 2021?

From then on, all I can remember is a gradual relaxation of protective measures.

PS, the what [emoji1787]

6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

From then on, all I can remember is a gradual relaxation of protective measures.

PS, the what emoji1787.png

Continued disproportionate restrictions when they were unnecessary. 

"The" was from another post to another person, apologies. 

17 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

PS, the what emoji1787.png

Do you remember the use of the word "tsunami"?

A shocking attempt to continue with the scaremongering which was evident from day one.

Disproportionate. 

Continued disproportionate restrictions when they were unnecessary. 
"The" was from another post to another person, apologies. 

6d62d204a7cc14517b325ae04f1b4e6d.jpg

Unnecessary for who?

I'm just glad I was fit enough not to have succumbed to it, but as the 2 GP's that have treated me recently explained. The after effects of it (long covud) may have a contributory effect on my current health status.

So if the preventative measures stopped anyone from feeling like I have recently then I believe they were worthwhile. Cause I've no doubt those not as fit as myself may not have been able to type a reply like I have.

a84ba9fd4a0c6c7a567adcd2fc4bf474.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

6d62d204a7cc14517b325ae04f1b4e6d.jpg

Unnecessary for who?

I'm just glad I was fit enough not to have succumbed to it, but as the 2 GP's that have treated me recently explained. The after effects of it (long covud) may have a contributory effect on my current health status.

So if the preventative measures stopped anyone from feeling like I have recently then I believe they were worthwhile. Cause I've no doubt those not as fit as myself may not have been able to type a reply like I have.

a84ba9fd4a0c6c7a567adcd2fc4bf474.jpg

I've never said no one suffered, don't try to twist the debate.

It's really very straightforward, the latest revelations from the UK government and the obvious use of scaremongering by other governments at the time were unnecessary for the majority.

You're not trying to make a case that the restrictions were proportionate to protect a very small section of the public, in this case you, who MIGHT have had severe symptoms?  

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-59611734

76aad51086ae5395bfc84ef8237a4479.jpg

Please note the 'may be' and 'potential'. Was she correct yes.

91c3c9c1f8297125d1497a7286007d13.jpg

de64e78e94bb631fad7294d4ca02cea0.jpg

The data from South Africa, a country with a poor vaccination rate, showed the proportion of illness and death were minimal compared to the delta variant.

Governments decided to focus on the cases, many doctors tried to stem the fear factor by making it clear cases were not to be confused with serious illness or worse. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Hospitalisations, peaking, for a short period, at approx 2,250, a minuscule percentage of the population.

Nice graph. 

Would be great to see a historic graph  showing respiratory hospitalisations over the last 50 years in Scotland to compare current and past respiratory illnesses.

Old people will always require hospitalisations for respiratory illnesses but surely we have seen a significant decrease since smoking habits have reduced and coal/asbestos exposure has lessened.

On the downside I’d expect we are seeing a significant increase in hospitalisations due to poor diet choices as a result of the increased amount of fast food consumption. 

The amount of children now classed as obese is horrific. It may even be as high as 1 in 3. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...