Coronavirus

faraway saint

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

PS There's no rules to say people can't go back to work and, there's no need to milk it when I was feeling well enough.

As I said, it was only a difficult 24 hours. 

Just find it strange that you would rush to a half day work on the day your Mrs tests positive

Cant see you winning husband of the year this year

15 minutes ago, HSS said:

Just find it strange that you would rush to a half day work on the day your Mrs tests positive

Cant see you winning husband of the year this year

A big difference that would have made and her symptoms are even less than mines were.

She still felt well enough to walk the dogs, said she felt better getting out.

Thanks for your concern, much appreciated.  

PS After almost 44 years married I don't need to enter competitions to be a decent husband. 🤣

Edited by faraway saint

Latest guidelines for Health and Social Care workers are that anyone testing positive should self isolate for 5 days, the day following the test being day 1.

They are furthermore advised to avoid direct contact with vulnerable people for a further 5 days as the virus can remain communicable for up to 10 days and can still have serious consequences for vulnerable people.

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Latest guidelines for Health and Social Care workers are that anyone testing positive should self isolate for 5 days, the day following the test being day 1.

They are furthermore advised to avoid direct contact with vulnerable people for a further 5 days as the virus can remain communicable for up to 10 days and can still have serious consequences for vulnerable people.

To quote Mrs Brown........Thats nice. 🤪

My workplace is well-ventilate and, no other colleagues are within 10 meters during the working day.

Some businesses are well placed to get on with life. 

From the Coronavirus (Covid 19) in Scotland page.

Rules and restrictions

There are no COVID-19 rules or restrictions in Scotland. We are now living with COVID-19 as one of a number of respiratory infections. 

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Got the latest Covid jab, today.  (My 7th!)

Plus the annual flu one.

Same number of pricks as feature in the This Forum thread.  :)

No need to talk about yourself, and another, in them terms but, in this case, you're spot on. :lol:

Can't help yourself with the abusive words, what a boy. :thumbsdown

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why don't you ignore me then you whining Jessy? :lol:

I know you're not good at sums so I guess you don't understand you can click "Show this post" when people like you are on ignore? :1eye

Which is choosing to not ignore!

Daft twat 

You just cannot ignore me. I really wish you would. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I'll, as usual, pass on the flu jag, no real need. 

Is this another self diagnosis?  It makes you think why people bother training as doctors.  I worked with a chap who had attended Fettes, Edinburgh Uni and Oxford where he got a first.  He was as near to genius as anyone I have ever met - but if he ever went to the doctor he carried an armful of files detailing every doctor's comments and his own comments on his visits.  Afterwards he would spend his lunch hour at his desk correcting the diagnosis.  He sadly passed at a comparatively young age.   Be warned young man.  :spud5

On 9/17/2023 at 7:35 AM, faraway saint said:

Son in law tested positive for the 4th time earlier in the week.

Thankfully just heavy cold like symptoms. 

Between him, my daughter and granddaughter they've proved positive 11 times since this shitty virus appeared. 

As my daughter works with vulnerable people she's had to take time off work to protect her clients.

Fortunately they've all only experienced the cold/flu type symptoms.

I'm due my booster later this month. 👍

On 9/21/2023 at 7:59 AM, faraway saint said:

So, after managing to avoid covid when it was rife, it finally got me.

My symptoms were slight cough, sore throat, aching joints and constant nausea, although it never progressed to vomiting. 

Fortunately these symptoms only lasted 24 hours and today I've only a little bit of a sore throat, cough and slight ache in certain areas but, all in all, I'm,  fingers crossed, past the worst.

Back to work tomorrow.  👍

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Still not 100%, luckily today I finish at one so I should get through it and rest up over the weekend. 

Cough and sore throat and tired. 

Unfortunately Mrs Faraway has caught it so hopefully it'll be passed the worst in 24 hours. 

ETBnh_-UwAAvdiY.jpg.4804c655c05bf079b3665486caea5ca0.jpg

11 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Is this another self diagnosis?  It makes you think why people bother training as doctors.  I worked with a chap who had attended Fettes, Edinburgh Uni and Oxford where he got a first.  He was as near to genius as anyone I have ever met - but if he ever went to the doctor he carried an armful of files detailing every doctor's comments and his own comments on his visits.  Afterwards he would spend his lunch hour at his desk correcting the diagnosis.  He sadly passed at a comparatively young age.   Be warned young man.  :spud5

Nice anecdote.

Not sure what exactly you're getting at as earlier you made a similar comment seemingly questioning my decision that I was fit enough to consider going to work and indicating I should have consulted a GP?

Really, consult a GP to make a decision if I was fit enough to return to work?

Don't you think doctors have enough to do?

As for your sweet anecdotal story, here's another.

I knew a person who lived to a decent age of 89 and never had the flu jab.

That proves, as does your rambling story, nothing. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...