1 hour ago, antrin said:

Bit of a personal crisis for me this morning in Waitrose...  :(

Only Tunnocks Tea Cakes available were... dark chocolate, which is fine for me but The Boss isnae sae keen...

Even worserer - No Tunnocks Caramel Wafers!!!                     Of any hue or flavour!  :o

I have to ask... are all of the 5 million made every week in the Scottish factory, now being consumed every week by greedy fat basturts in Scotland?

In direct response to the PPE restrictions by the English we are stopping the trade of Tunnocks.

2 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

3 million people in the U.K. go hungry as a result of lockdown

I hope you’re satisfied @bazil85 😡 

https://www.ft.com/content/e5061be6-2978-4c0b-aa68-f372a2526826

What are you talking about? Why would I be happy about this. 

third time asking, what’s your actual end game in all this? Do you think we should fully lift the self isolation and just let the vulnerable get sick with many of them dying? 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Numbers down AGAIN today, 737 yesterday, 717 today.

Keep it up everybody. :thumbs2

As I've said the last few days at the moment we seem to be be evening out, slightly dropping if anything, over the last week. 

Today's numbers are not included in the graph below. 

image.png.7bb44b1efb27d232bc1781b55c8294ad.png

There’s likely a caveat to this though giving the long Easter weekend. Cautious optimism sure but we’re far from out of the woods. 

Numbers down AGAIN today, 737 yesterday, 717 today.
Keep it up everybody. :thumbs2
As I've said the last few days at the moment we seem to be be evening out, slightly dropping if anything, over the last week. 
Today's numbers are not included in the graph below. 
image.png.7bb44b1efb27d232bc1781b55c8294ad.png
Genuine question...

Are the people who have died in nursing homes been included in those figures?

I was told not, but that they are increasing at an alarming rate.

Haven't seen any official comments tho.

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Genuine question...

I think Scotland are including deaths in the community, including homes.

For some reason I don't think England have as yet.

I still doubt the numbers would rise substantially. 

They aren't here as yet, there was reported on the BBC that a local nursing home has had 13 deaths although only one who died in hospital was confirmed with Covid 19 the other old folks exhibited some signs but weren't tested, so can't be confirmed, stats down here are unreliable.

Guest TPAFKATS
Genuine question...

Estimates that total dead in England could be another 70% higher than official total.

I'd hope that since Scotland now including non hospital deaths we should get a more accurate figure.
Care home and home deaths estimated to be around another 70% in England.

Guest TPAFKATS
They aren't here as yet, there was reported on the BBC that a local nursing home has had 13 deaths although only one who died in hospital was confirmed with Covid 19 the other old folks exhibited some signs but weren't tested, so can't be confirmed, stats down here are unreliable.

Heard of this in a Scottish care home too. Patient's gp decided not to record COVID19 on death certificate despite other residents having it on theirs. Went with a respiratory condition, nursing staff certain it was covid as similar to others and unlike any other respiratory death they had witnessed over many years.

Doubt we will ever get fully accurate numbers.

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

My local shop has got lots of Tunnock's Caramel Wafers and, my preference, Caramel Logs.

Just saying. emoji38.png

Yum!  Caramel Logs!

years since I saw wan o’ them....

don’t do them, doon here. :(

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

There’s likely a caveat to this though giving the long Easter weekend. Cautious optimism sure but we’re far from out of the woods. 

33 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Genuine question...

aye that useless death factoid is only for hospital deaths , in England... no others are included...

...as I see others have now pointed out.

53 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Heard of this in a Scottish care home too. Patient's gp decided not to record COVID19 on death certificate despite other residents having it on theirs. Went with a respiratory condition, nursing staff certain it was covid as similar to others and unlike any other respiratory death they had witnessed over many years.

Doubt we will ever get fully accurate numbers.

Certain?

Suspected, would be more accurate.

As you say, a lot of the data is lacking in accuracy.

I would imagine that the deaths of those not in hospital would mirror the same trends as those in hospital so, even though the figures would be inflated, the trend may well be the same.

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I would imagine that the deaths of those not in hospital would mirror the same trends as those in hospital so, even though the figures would be inflated, the trend may well be the same.

Care homes are unique and, potentially, much worse, albeit the numbers, in relation to the general population are small. 

I'm still unconvinced these additions, including the deaths in the community, will be significant, unless they add the total so far onto one day. 

Tens of thousands of NHS hospital beds remain unoccupied - 40. 9% of NHS acute beds were unoccupied as of the weekend

The whole point of the lockdown was to not overwhelm the NHS

The NHS isn’t overwhelmed so the lockdown has to end now

Edited by Hiram Abiff

51 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

49 deaths in Sweden over the past 3 days

no lockdown 

Experiment in Sweden is looking like it has failed. Already talk of them locking down further. 

we know your priority is economy over human life but the lockdown isn’t ending now. some things are more important than stimulating economic growth. 

991DD298-C989-4284-B739-49A8215ECAFC.png

1 hour ago, hamlet said:

You forgot to mention that the total number of deaths is now 919. 

Australia has a population twice the size of Sweden yet has recorded only 61 deaths.

Australia is a third of the size in population of the United Kingdom. Surely someone in the media will ask what the Ozzies have been doing differently? 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/ng-interactive/2020/apr/13/coronavirus-cases-australia-numbers-new-stats-graph-map-by-postcode-covid-19-death-toll

Edited by Yflab