Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

With a year plus till a vaccine is ready it'll be a long time before we return to normality, that's why it was so depressing today to hear Trump say he was cutting funding to the WHO - really this pandemic is too serious for Trump's brand of sabre-rattling politics, who knows what he'll be prepared to do/say in an election year?

IIRC.... USA has already defaulted on the previous two months of its payment to WHO.

US was already paying it late/differently from what the Obama regime had been doing. 

China had been a regular and reliable performer and the WHO knew it could rely on that source of funding, so possibly the WHO was being more appreciative of the Chinese than it was of the US's failing/diminishing consistency of support??   ... which is perhaps why Trump has been getting ever more petty and hissy-fittish?

I'm an arsehole, of course, simply for trying to rationalise any action of Trump's...   :rolleyes:

Amongst all the gloom and doom there's been plenty, too many to mention, of people doing amazing things every day.
This man, 99 years old, set out to raise £1,000 for the NHS by walking 100 laps of his garden.
He's now on £4.2 MILLION.
Well done sir, well done indeed.  :clapping
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52278746

Over £5 Million. [emoji122][emoji26]

BBC News - Coronavirus: Army veteran Tom Moore finds out he's raised £5m for NHS
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52296313

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

With a year plus till a vaccine is ready it'll be a long time before we return to normality, that's why it was so depressing today to hear Trump say he was cutting funding to the WHO 

The second biggest funded of the WHO is Bill Gates

And of course, Bill Gates will produce the vaccine

Its therefore in the WHO’s interests to create as much hysteria as possible

All vested interests 

It’s interesting that yesterday’s ONS figures showed 6,082 excess deaths but only 3,475 Covid 19 related deaths

Now this could be because Covid 19 deaths aren’t getting mentioned on the death certificate

but is this actually the case?

is the lockdown itself playing a part in all these excess deaths?

Nicola Sturgeon appeared to allude to this yesterday

The lockdown will kill more than the virus in the long run. Let’s hope it’s but also killing more than the virus in the short term

Just now, Hiram Abiff said:

It’s interesting that yesterday’s ONS figures showed 6,082 excess deaths but only 3,475 Covid 19 related deaths

Now this could be because Covid 19 deaths aren’t getting mentioned on the death certificate

but is this actually the case?

is the lockdown itself playing a part in all these excess deaths?

Nicola Sturgeon appeared to allude to this yesterday

The lockdown will kill more than the virus in the long run. Let’s hope it’s but also killing more than the virus in the short term

Wish it would kill your Wifi. :rolleyes:

Just now, faraway saint said:

THIS is very close to the truth.........................even although I'm only on 80% salary I'm getting richer. 

93797090_2960500790663148_6798349337354043392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=bXWjQQc0cvMAX8ONRy6&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=5bee50b71119ab3b290b12001b1b6f42&oe=5EBE6BAA

You could spend some of the money you’re saving on your own Ku Klux Klan outfit surely?

I need you you to give me back the one I lent you

you vile racist 

56 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

The second biggest funded of the WHO is Bill Gates

And of course, Bill Gates will produce the vaccine

Its therefore in the WHO’s interests to create as much hysteria as possible

All vested interests 

He's a rich man who incites powerful opinions both for & against - but whose agenda are you gonna believe?

Will Bill Gates make money from funding various Covid-19 vaccine programs - who knows "you've gotta be innit to winnit" but if he does that's capitalism :mellow: something which has never seemed to bother you in the past :mellow:. He's also supporting some potentially oppressive ideas like invisible Covid tattoos which may be appropriate in the current emergency but one I would not like to see expanded beyond the current situation - you don't have to warn me about rich people and their agendas! :rolleyes:

I reckon your accusation of hysteria by the WHO in the face of the current pandemic is just plain wrong - an organization outside of and not beholden to individual countries is essential.

It doesn't change my opinion on Trump cutting US funding of the WHO -I still say it's an attempt to deflect from his mismanagement of containing the pandemic and pandering to his core redneck support during an election year. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

21 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

It doesn't change my opinion on Trump cutting US funding of the WHO -I still say it's an attempt to deflect from his mismanagement of containing the pandemic and pandering to his core redneck support during an election year. 

According to the article below the good old US of A, currently commits £400 million to WHO, whilst China were at £86 million.

As you say, the thinking behind this is to show the shit kicking red necks that Trump is going to spend money on Americans rather than supporting initiatives that help these dangerous foreign types. As you say, it's sure to increase his approval ratings amongst these halfwits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52291654

Edited by FTOF

53 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

He's a rich man who incites powerful opinions both for & against - but whose agenda are you gonna believe?

Will Bill Gates make money from funding various Covid-19 vaccine programs - who knows "you've gotta be innit to winnit" but if he does that's capitalism :mellow: something which has never seemed to bother you in the past :mellow:. He's also supporting some potentially oppressive ideas like invisible Covid tattoos which may be appropriate in the current emergency but one I would not like to see expanded beyond the current situation - you don't have to warn me about rich people and their agendas! :rolleyes:

I reckon your accusation of hysteria by the WHO in the face of the current pandemic is just plain wrong - an organization outside of and not beholden to individual countries is essential.

The WHO’s biggest funder is the capitalist Bill Gates

The capitalists have taken over and you’re tugging your forelock to them!!

Who would have thunk it. btb tugs his forelock to big pharma capitalism and the right wing fascist police state!!

eat the rich once said a very rich man!!

Edited by Hiram Abiff

In the Telegraph, Professor Alexander Kekulé, one of Germany’s leading microbiologists and epidemiologists, calls for an end to the lockdown as it causes more damage than the virus itself.

In people under 50 years of age, severe disease or death are „very, very unlikely“. The general population should develop rapid immunity, while risk groups should be protected. One cannot wait for a vaccine, which will take at least six to twelve months, but must find a way to live with the virus, Professor Kekulé said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/11/german-scientist-predicted-european-epidemic-calls-end-lockdown/

6 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

The WHO’s biggest funder is the capitalist Bill Gates

The capitalists have taken over and you’re tugging your forelock today then!!

Bill Gates may be the biggest private donor but until today the USA was the biggest donor; and are you really suggesting that capitalism des not r8un the USA?.