Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Trump says the USA are stopping payments to WHO.

I am well aware of that, but they were previously the biggest donor!!!!!

Of course, Trump has a history of reneging on his statements.

Edited by smcc

22 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I see there's a plane chartered to bring Romanian fruit pickers into Stansted.
Coronavexit f**k up

Have you checked if they have been checked for the virus? 

FYI Romania has one of the lowest cases and deaths and yet your running around screaming as usual.

image.thumb.png.dfa621b9776681f72f03960c46a265fb.png

Get a grip. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

The WHO’s biggest funder is the capitalist Bill Gates

The capitalists have taken over and you’re tugging your forelock to them!!

Who would have thunk it. btb tugs his forelock to big pharma capitalism and the right wing fascist police state!!

eat the rich once said a very rich man!!

Yeah I understand Bill Gates is now the WHO's largest funder and the influence that gives him it's one of the inevitabilities of the current system when the super-rich have wealth greater than many Third World countries. I hope that when we come out of the other side of Covid-19 enough people will realize we weren't all in it together, who the current economic measures are really designed to protect and that instead of getting richer from a crisis as the capitalist system ensures they do they will indeed get eaten.

You ain't telling me nothing I don't know and when the day comes Cap'n I know what side of the barricade I'll be on! :byebye

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Trump says the USA are stopping payments to WHO.

4 hours ago, smcc said:

I am well aware of that, but they were previously the biggest donor!!!!!

Of course, Trump has a history of reneging on his statements.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread...

uner Trump, US has already been lethargic about its funding of WHO.

But as of March 31, the U.S. is behind in its payment of assessed fees. It currently owes $198.3 million in membership dues, including some amounts owed for previous cycles, according to the WHO's statement of account — a list of every country's payment status.

What does a U.S. funding freeze mean?

There is no definitive answer to this question. At the press conference, Trump said that the review would take 60 to 90 days and that a "very thorough investigation" is underway. But no details have been released on how the funding suspension will be executed.

And it is unclear whether the president has the authority to unilaterally halt funding for an international institution such as the WHO.

"If the money is already committed and already given, he probably can't take it away," says Gostin, but the president could withhold outstanding payments or instruct agencies such as the United States Agency for International Development ito scale back on cooperation with the WHO. 

"A lot of the voluntary money is provided at the agency level," says Kates, so it's possible that the president could demand that the CDC for State Department stop providing money to the WHO for project work.”

Gates and China are reliable.

Trump will not last forever... and, one hopes, checks and balances will render him more impotent.

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah I understand Bill Gates is now the WHO's largest funder and the influence that gives him it's one of the inevitabilities of the current system when the super-rich have wealth greater than many Third World countries. I hope that when we come out of the other side of Covid-19 enough people will realize we weren't all in it together, who the current economic measures are really designed to protect and that instead of getting richer from a crisis as the capitalist system ensures they do they will indeed get eaten.

You ain't telling me nothing I don't know and when the day comes Cap'n I know what side of the barricade I'll be on! :byebye

:lol:

16 hours ago, sally02 said:

Now over £9m with Gift Aid included as shown on Just Giving Page. Phenomenal!

Now over £12m....................................................:clapping

He's just completed, 8:30am Thursday 16th April, his 100th lap of his garden.

What a boy. :thumbs2

Edited by faraway saint

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52305053

Some recommendation that "significant" social distancing measures will  need to remain until a vaccine comes in or the virus will just bounce back. This is such a soul destroying thought but our only hope might be this lock-down being long-term for large groups of people. I know it's hardly a priority but that would surely mean no fans at football grounds indefinitely, maybe even no football at all continuing. 

Shut corrupt Scottish Football down permanently. 

Could start again, in the future with Clubs who have bollocks and who are decent and who will keep out the scum. 

We do not want family friendly football Clubs allowing sectarian and bigoted arseholes into their Stadiums.

Can't believe we banished our St Mirren children from their Stand to give it to IRA and UVF loving morons. 

That's fitba for you, in Scotland. Supported by the majority.

FECKEM  

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Shut corrupt Scottish Football down permanently. 

Could start again, in the future with Clubs who have bollocks and who are decent and who will keep out the scum. 

We do not want family friendly football Clubs allowing sectarian and bigoted arseholes into their Stadiums.

Can't believe we banished our St Mirren children from their Stand to give it to IRA and UVF loving morons. 

That's fitba for you, in Scotland. Supported by the majority.

FECKEM  

So bitter and powerless to do anything about it. Like it or not people will always want this SMFC to continue. 

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So bitter and powerless to do anything about it. Like it or not people will always want this SMFC to continue. 

Social Distancing In Operation to alleviate the boring shite from the Forum Bore. 

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Social Distancing In Operation to alleviate the boring shite from the Forum Bore. 

Yeah because your bitter rants about how you hate Scottish football but hate that you can't do anything about it even more... Edge of my seat