Coronavirus

faraway saint

16 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah I understand Bill Gates is now the WHO's largest funder and the influence that gives him it's one of the inevitabilities of the current system when the super-rich have wealth greater than many Third World countries. I hope that when we come out of the other side of Covid-19 enough people will realize we weren't all in it together, who the current economic measures are really designed to protect and that instead of getting richer from a crisis as the capitalist system ensures they do they will indeed get eaten.

You ain't telling me nothing I don't know and when the day comes Cap'n I know what side of the barricade I'll be on! :byebye

The side of the barricade full of people who don't know how to earn a living without others creating employment for them? 

Ach I'm joking. A little bit......  :lol:

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Have you checked if they have been checked for the virus? 

FYI Romania has one of the lowest cases and deaths and yet your running around screaming as usual.

image.thumb.png.dfa621b9776681f72f03960c46a265fb.png

Get a grip. 

You were spouting this "get a grip" shite when the UK was showing low numbers like this and yet within 2 or 3 weeks we were seeing the arse end of 1000 deaths per day and even those figures are probably half what they should be given they inexplicably don't include non-hospital deaths.

I see you have learned nothing?

Pipe down and stop spamming the forum with your nonsense. :thumbsdown

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You were spouting this "get a grip" shite when the UK was showing low numbers like this and yet within 2 or 3 weeks we were seeing the arse end of 1000 deaths per day and even those figures are probably half what they should be given they inexplicably don't include non-hospital deaths.

I see you have learned nothing?

Pipe down and stop spamming the forum with your nonsense. :thumbsdown

Here he comes, disappointed the figures provided aren't big enough to justify his scaremongering so he's adding in unknown numbers to make him feel better. 

Knew you'd get excited when the numbers were in the 900's, but, as usual, you boost it up to 1,000.

What a sad state you've got yourself in all because you made a graph and don't have the brains to think your figures were pish. 

Away you go. 👋

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

It’s appearing that of the 6,082 excess mortality for week ending 3rd April that 2,607 were not linked to Covid 19

In other words, the lockdown itself killed 2,607 people that week.

Quite possibly but without knowing how many excess deaths would have occurred without a lockdown you have no comparison.

18 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah I understand Bill Gates is now the WHO's largest funder and the influence that gives him it's one of the inevitabilities of the current system when the super-rich have wealth greater than many Third World countries. I hope that when we come out of the other side of Covid-19 enough people will realize we weren't all in it together, who the current economic measures are really designed to protect and that instead of getting richer from a crisis as the capitalist system ensures they do they will indeed get eaten.

You ain't telling me nothing I don't know and when the day comes Cap'n I know what side of the barricade I'll be on! :byebye

You’re supporting the rich capitalists and the right wing police state

You’re supporting the measures that are killing people in the UK and will kill millions worlwide

And the rich, those running the WHO and Bill Gates will get richer on the back of it

I know full well what side of the barricade you and the faux left are on

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Here he comes, disappointed the figures provided aren't big enough to justify his scaremongering so he's adding in unknown numbers to make him feel better. 

Knew you'd get excited when the numbers were in the 900's, but, as usual, you boost it up to 1,000.

What a sad state you've got yourself in all because you made a graph and don't have the brains to think your figures were pish. 

Away you go. 👋

Seriously, do you have a life outside this forum?

I ask because you seem to be making up about 80% of all the posts.

You're worse than Ricky FFS.

The care homes deaths are a bit of a red herring

Its terrible that people are dying earlier than they should

But the reason for the lockdown is to flatten the curve and ensure the NHS could cope

The lockdown isn’t going to eradicate the virus nor is it going to stop people dying of it. It’s just supposed to even it out a bit.

As the NHS is coping and the example of Sweden proves that the curve can be flattened without a full lockdown, then the lockdown must be lifted.

We can’t continue with a measure that is actually killing thousands of people now on the basis of an Imperial  College estimate  which made wild over estimations. An estimate produced by people who have a vested interest in having a lockdown until a vaccine comes along.

Edited by Hiram Abiff

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52305053

Some recommendation that "significant" social distancing measures will  need to remain until a vaccine comes in or the virus will just bounce back. This is such a soul destroying thought but our only hope might be this lock-down being long-term for large groups of people. I know it's hardly a priority but that would surely mean no fans at football grounds indefinitely, maybe even no football at all continuing. 

This lockdown killed 2,607 people for the week ending 3rd April.

Sweden proves that the curve can be flattened without a full lockdown

33 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Seriously, do you have a life outside this forum?

I ask because you seem to be making up about 80% of all the posts.

You're worse than Ricky FFS.

Oh dear, this is your normal approach when you've been made out a fool.

The old "life outside the forum" pointless post, well done.

What posts am I making up, 80%?

With your record on numbers I doubt that'll be accurate. :lol:

Worse than Thicky? :lol:

You've made a cnut of yourself on a regular basis in the last few weeks, this is just another post which confirms you're a beaten man.

Best you take a wee, wait, a long break.

Oh, still waiting on your apology with your unbelievable post about me not having a wife. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

26 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

We end the lock-down, we overwhelm the health service and other people die, it doesn't suggest without a lock-down 2,607 people would be saved that week with no more fatalities added . There is no easy way out of this. 

Sweden have basically taken an approach that it's okay for people to die to protect the economy. They're also far from out of this yet. Not a view I would take at all. 

34 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Sweden has a population of about 10 million and an area of 450,295 square kilometres - less than the population that packs itself into the Greater London Urban area of 1,750 sq kms

You can much more easily isolate in one rather than the other.

Plus... I bet you Sweden has not imposed austerity on it health system for years.

I would ask someone better skilled in the "graphs and curve-flattening" department to have a look...

Edited by antrin

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

Sweden has a population of about 10 million and an area of 450,295 square kilometres - less than the population that packs itself into the Greater London Urban area of 1,750 sq kms

You can much more easily isolate in one rather than the other.

Plus... I bet you Sweden has not imposed austerity on it health system for years.

I would ask someone better skilled in the "graphs and curve-flattening" department to have a look...

85% of the population of Sweden live in urban areas. They don’t spread themselves out! 

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We end the lock-down, we overwhelm the health service and other people die, it doesn't suggest without a lock-down 2,607 people would be saved that week with no more fatalities added . There is no easy way out of this. 

Sweden have basically taken an approach that it's okay for people to die to protect the economy. They're also far from out of this yet. Not a view I would take at all. 

Sweden have done no such thing!

Lockdown or not, the same number of people will die. The point of the lockdown is to spread it instead of it all happening at once!

You seem to be missing the point! 

It was supposed to be about flattening the curve such that the health service was not overwhelmed. Sweden are doing that.

And you have absolutely no evidence that if we end lockdown that it would overwhelm the NHS. Sweden hasn’t been overwhelmed. 

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

You’re supporting the rich capitalists and the right wing police state

You’re supporting the measures that are killing people in the UK and will kill millions worlwide

And the rich, those running the WHO and Bill Gates will get richer on the back of it

I know full well what side of the barricade you and the faux left are on

Is that the best you can do Cap'n, swallow Trump's re-election agenda & the Alt-Right propaganda underpinning it?

It ain't new and it ain't true - you're really gonna have to up your game Cap'n.

I think y'all will be unpleasantly surprised by the new politics that will emerge post Covid-19.

I'll be on the opposite side of the barricade from a forelock-tugging Tory lickspittle like yourself.

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Is that the best you can do Cap'n, swallow Trump's re-election agenda & the Alt-Right propaganda underpinning it?

It ain't new and it ain't true - you're really gonna have to up your game Cap'n.

I think y'all will be unpleasantly surprised by the new politics that will emerge post Covid-19.

I'll be on the opposite side of the barricade from a forelock-tugging Tory lickspittle like yourself.

Wait, the 'Alt-Right' are opposed to the meddling of unelected globalist quangos and are sceptical about the true motivations of an apparently philanthropic multi-billionaire? Is that really the preserve of the 'Alt-Right'? If so, what's happened to the 'left'?

29 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Sweden have done no such thing!

Lockdown or not, the same number of people will die. The point of the lockdown is to spread it instead of it all happening at once!

You seem to be missing the point! 

It was supposed to be about flattening the curve such that the health service was not overwhelmed. Sweden are doing that.

And you have absolutely no evidence that if we end lockdown that it would overwhelm the NHS. Sweden hasn’t been overwhelmed. 

Sweden's handling of this is nothing to be applauded. Their death-rate is higher than all other Nordic countries combined. 

Your view the same number of people will die is ludicrous, what can that possibly be based on? Us better preparing ourselves rather than everyone getting sick at once will limit people dying and not haste it as it has been for many people. 

Sweden have been panned for their handling, they have observably caused more, closer together deaths than their neighbours. 

last point is wrong, expert view is not having adequate social distancing will cause more people getting sick at the same time and needing hospital treatment, that increased number will obviously impact the NHS because people are getting sick at the same time. That's common sense

I can see this being a point you have to apologise for down the line as well. Such a short-sighted view and ignorance to expert opinion.

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Wait, the 'Alt-Right' are opposed to the meddling of unelected globalist quangos and are sceptical about the true motivations of an apparently philanthropic multi-billionaire? Is that really the preserve of the 'Alt-Right'? If so, what's happened to the 'left'?

Yep, it's the Alt-Right in the US and Nigel Farage in the UK who are lining up to back Trump on cutting funding to the WHO not the left. It's clearly part of Trump's re-election strategy.

Bill Gates & Big Pharma is a different issue.

Edited by Bud the Baker