Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You didn't actually watch the utter shite he posted? :lol:

He's totally flipped, on the edge of utter madness and really should be locked away somewhere.

It's uncertain if he believes the continual shite he posts or does it to attract attention but, IMO, he's best ignored. 

Surprised he's still allowed on the forum, any social media TBH. :lol:

Steady on! Eccentricity used to be seen as a likeable quirk...

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Fine thanks W6er

Been pretty busy. 

Hope all is well with you and yours. 

Thank you. Glad to see you're well and keeping busy. The forum's not the same without you!* I trust you will be purchasing a season ticket?

*Cue  a boring quip about how much it has improved.

Guest TPAFKATS
Have you been in Sweden long?
Aff his heid.
Maybe it was a "Swedish friend" who posted under his account calling him an arse for not taking this crisis seriously. That new approach lasted about 5 minutes.

10 minutes ago, W6er said:

Steady on! Eccentricity used to be seen as a likeable quirk...

Thank you. Glad to see you're well and keeping busy. The forum's not the same without you!* I trust you will be purchasing a season ticket?

*Cue  a boring quip about how much it has improved.

Thanks. 

Our group is going up by one to 6 all buying season tickets. My son in Edinburgh's job to buy them this time. We will reimburse him (honest) I see that neither the language or the tone of the Wee Man from Arbroath have improved. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks. 

Our group is going up by one to 6 all buying season tickets. My son in Edinburgh's job to buy them this time. We will reimburse him (honest) 

Excellent! I hope people who don't usually buy them dig deep into their pockets. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Perfect opportunity for those who don't or can't go to buy a ticket for someone who will.  I'm sure they can afford it. 

That's a good idea! Maybe SMISA could use some of the £2 monthly subs to help folk buy season tickets?! 

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

That's a good idea! Maybe SMISA could use some of the £2 monthly subs to help folk buy season tickets?! 

I proposed a fund at the end of last season. Div wasnt sure how it could be administered. I'd certainly chip in. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I proposed a fund at the end of last season. Div wasnt sure how it could be administered. I'd certainly chip in. 

There was a vote on what to do with the SMISA money, in fact the deadline for voting is tomorrow or Tuesday. I understand they have £7,000 set aside. Perhaps that could be used to subsidise those season ticket holders, who've fallen on hard times, to purchase one. It'd benefits the loyal fans and ensure the club isn't hit so hard financially.

Just now, W6er said:

There was a vote on what to do with the SMISA money, in fact the deadline for voting is tomorrow or Tuesday. I understand they have £7,000 set aside. Perhaps that could be used to subsidise those season ticket holders, who've fallen on hard times, to purchase one. It'd benefits the loyal fans and ensure the club isn't hit so hard financially.

I like that. I like that a lot

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Relatively encouraging news on the number of deaths.

No I'm afraid it isn't.

Sundays are always low because the various reporting systems are not operating 7 days a week.

The numbers also don't appear to include deaths in care homes or outside hospitals.

Right now we have no way of knowing what the true daily death numbers truly are but it is certainly considerably higher than those reported by worldometer.

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, oaksoft said:

No I'm afraid it isn't.

Sundays are always low because the various reporting systems are not operating 7 days a week.

The numbers also don't appear to include deaths in care homes or outside hospitals.

My caution was in the word.. Relatively. I do agree with you. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

My point is that these numbers cannot be enouraging, relative or otherwise, because they are seriously underestimated for the reasons I just gave.

Hence my caution. I agree with your reasons. However had they shown an increase then, for the same reasons, that would have been deeply concerning. Therefore only relatively encouraging. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

No I'm afraid it isn't.

Right now we have no way of knowing what the true daily death numbers truly are but it is certainly considerably higher than those reported by worldometer.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Last Saturday 917, Sunday 737.

Overall it's (daily figures on their own) not critical as any unreported will be added into the next day or two, why I averaged a few days out last week. 

Do you EVER get anything right? :thumbsdown

5 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Over the weekend i've heard 3 people i knew passed away of it

So figures mean feck all as plebs like us won't know the true exent of this

You don't happen to clean the windows of several nursing homes, by any chance?

5 minutes ago, W6er said:

You don't happen to clean the windows of several nursing homes, by any chance?

Yes i did but not at the moment

Also a few of our customers have passed away as i found out during the week  but they aren't the ones i mentioned before

This week has really opened my eyes about this

I just switch off from the media they just report half truths