Coronavirus

faraway saint

Todays numbers are 360, a very welcome drop for a "non weekend" day.

Lowest daily numbers on four weeks. 

If we can get a consistent run of numbers, not forgetting every one is a person leaving behind relatives and friends, in this area I believe that the current lock down conditions will be relaxed.

After that, well, this is where we CAN watch other countries and learn. 

25 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yes, you point out uncertainties, differences as well as similarities.

The problem is where none of these are made clear in the comparisons as there is an agenda behind the reason for posting certain stats.

Unfortunately, for most cases, the many uncertainties/differences between the sources of data from  different countries has not been pointed out. With the phrase "Look what's happening in Italy" being one of the most erroneous and most unfortunate comparisons of them all.

Sadly agendas are all too common place, and that is why certain comparisons of data  should not be quoted almost as absolute proof that something is definitely working, by people who should know better.

We're not going to agree on this. I've made my view clear, so I'll leave it at that.

51 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Exactly. Utterly bizarre to watch both FTOF and Faraway use comparisons with other countries when it suits them but then criticise everyone else for doing exactly the same thing.

What's more bizarre is you accusing me of doing something that I haven't. 

Feel free to check all of my posts on this thread.:wink:

21 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Should that not read.....

”on how badly prepared we were.”

Could be, or could be that we were not very "well" prepared.:rolleyes:

But it's O.K. he knows better than a senior infection control nurse with many years experience in working with health protection Scotland.:lol

Edited by FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS
Unfortunately, for most cases, the many uncertainties/differences between the sources of data from  different countries has not been pointed out. With the phrase "Look what's happening in Italy" being one of the most erroneous and most unfortunate comparisons of them all.
Sadly agendas are all too common place, and that is why certain comparisons of data  should not be quoted almost as absolute proof that something is definitely working, by people who should know better.
We're not going to agree on this. I've made my view clear, so I'll leave it at that.
If you look back to my post re Sweden this morning I clearly identified between that and my follow up post why I had mentioned Sweden and also why I had chosen it's neighbours.

Given that, I'm not sure we are actually disagreeing. Unless you think absolutely no countries can be compared at all.

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm starting to get this feeling that once the government starts lifiting aspects of the lockdown that a lot of people are going to treat its as back to normal ?
Think a second peak is looking inevitable ?
Possibly even a third ?
Likely, especially if its lifted too soon.

I suspect gov are realising that more and more are gradually lifting their own lockdown. They know that as long as majority don't, it will (hopefully) stop further waves of infection overwhelming NHS and critical care in particular.

Guest TPAFKATS
26 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I'm starting to get this feeling that once the government starts lifiting aspects of the lockdown that a lot of people are going to treat its as back to normal ?

Think a second peak is looking inevitable ?

Possibly even a third ?

I agree, and have been slightly disappointed at the recent terms used by the media.

They have been putting it to both the UK and Scottish governments that there's a demand for the lock down to be relaxed, without any evidence.

I was glad the PM made it VERY clear today there's no sign of this happening.

As @TPAFKATS indicates, the hope is any numbers that happen after the lock down is relaxed can be handled by the NHS, albeit still tragic for anyone's family.

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Of course not , how could i ever get you to change your mind , however prejudicial it may be

Once upon a time not that long ago (certainly within your lifetime), this was a country that was world renowned for free speech and debate
Haha classic.
Turn it round to imply that free ad peech is being eroded.

Guest TPAFKATS
Sorry , what are you trying to say , it looks like an invented word is in there
It's just a wee typo. They happen all the time due to auto correct and keypads on phones.
Sausage fingers are also a factor.

Guest TPAFKATS
That is quite misleading but a log scale is the only way they could have shown them all together.
Not sure what they were trying to achieve. There's no real need for the graph within the report.
Usually though when you corrupt the scale that much type its deliberately deceiving.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Just done, and watched, the minutes silence for the NHS/care workers who have died in this crises.

Apologies to Oaky, I didn't know all their names but still felt it was worthwhile. 

He’s cringing as we speak at how people can have any emotional  attachment to people they don’t know.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Face covering, not quite the same. Where's my old socks? 😉