Coronavirus

faraway saint

Some useful information coming out today for anyone still thinking Sweden is a good comparison regarding Coronavirus. Also good information to highlight closely what their plan is, why it's likely hastening deaths and why it hasn't been the popular plan globally. At the very least there's much information to serve as caveats for anyone wanting to like for like Sweden. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/04/28/swedens-coronavirus-experiment-proves-uk-really-right-thing/

Some key points. Sweden has a population density of 20 people per km2. Deaths per million is 225. For comparison Finland is 16/32, Austria 97/61 Switzerland 207/192 Netherlands 393/261.

They seem to be an outlier when you factor in USA 35/172 is heavily influenced by NYC (40% of all deaths). 

Other points which lead to a damning strategy are a low level of multingenerational households & bordering other countries with low population density. It isn't in this article but I've also seen a high number of single dwelling households, should be playing to their advantage. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8264893/Sweden-records-deadliest-week-century-2-505-fatalities-resists-coronavirus-lockdown.html

Deadliest week this century for Sweden. 

Edited by bazil85

You should check out the deaths from COVd19 from the old Eastern Block, Romania leads the totals with 684/ pop 21m...., they went into lockdown 1 day after Italy and the rest followed suit...……….

Our Gov have been complacent with this so called Scientific evidence crap ,

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

You should check out the deaths from COVd19 from the old Eastern Block, Romania leads the totals with 684/ pop 21m...., they went into lockdown 1 day after Italy and the rest followed suit...……….

Our Gov have been complacent with this so called Scientific evidence crap ,

Did they?

Italy lockdown date 9th March

UK lockdown date 23rd March

Romania lockdown date 25th March

Comparing apples to oranges again. 

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Figures released give an additional 4,343 deaths outside hospitals.

Approx 20%, not quite the absurd 50%-70% some fools were touting. :thumbsdown

As for the recent FT predictions....................possibly worse than Oaky. :lol:

The 4343 figure is for care homes in England & Wales between 10-24th April only - you'll need to redo your stats. :rolleyes:

The information is coming in from different sources at different rates - any one individual trying to give a definitive analysis is on sinking sands.:lol:

Data gathered by the care homes regulator, , published for the first time on Tuesday by the Office for National Statistics, showed that from 10-24 April care homes reported 4,343 deaths from coronavirus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/28/uk-records-4343-care-home-coronavirus-deaths-in-a-fortnight

Edited by Bud the Baker

33 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The 4343 figure is for care homes in England & Wales between 10-24th April only - you'll need to redo your stats. :rolleyes:

The information is coming in from different sources at different rates - any one individual trying to give a definitive analysis is on sinking sands.:lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/28/uk-records-4343-care-home-coronavirus-deaths-in-a-fortnight

The 4343 figure was added to the total, which concludes it's the total as far as figures confirmed can confirm up to 24th April. 

I tend not to go by unknown figures, it usually ends in tears. :wink:

PS My personal hunch is these numbers will add around 30% to the numbers registered inside hospitals. 

The latest figures mean that more than 25,000 people have died across the UK after contracting coronavirus.

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

An expert  - a practising UK doctor in the field - was on C4 news last night just after coming off a conference call with experts in that field, from around the world - discussing the reality or otherwise of this news blip..  (He looked knackered...)

They agreed there was too little known about it as yet, it was a couple of distantly separate possible cases , actual cases were vanishingly small (as someone says in that linked report...

It is just another Hancockian distraction.

These are the people who brought you "100 million new bits of PPE", in which rubber gloves were counted individually, not as pairs.  So a roll of 500 paper towels would have similarly been 500 new pieces of equipment.

Liars and tosspots.

(Too strong?!)

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

An expert  - a practising UK doctor in the field - was on C4 news last night just after coming off a conference call with experts in that field, from around the world - discussing the reality or otherwise of this news blip..  (He looked knackered...)

They agreed there was too little known about it as yet, it was a couple of distantly separate possible cases , actual cases were vanishingly small (as someone says in that linked report...

These are the people who brought you "100 million new bits of PPE", in which rubber gloves were counted individually, not as pairs.  So a roll of 500 paper towels would have similarly been 500 new pieces of equipment.

Liars and tosspots.

(Too strong?!)

:lol:

Plot totally lost. :1eye

Guest TPAFKATS
Liars and tosspots.
(Too strong?!)
The gloves are a bit of a red herring as they come in boxes of generally 100 or 200. So I'll excuse them that one. The bigger scandal is counting paper towels and cleaning products as PPE as that's simply false.

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The 4343 figure was added to the total, which concludes it's the total as far as figures confirmed can confirm up to 24th April. 

I tend not to go by unknown figures, it usually ends in tears. :wink:

PS My personal hunch is these numbers will add around 30% to the numbers registered inside hospitals. 

The latest figures mean that more than 25,000 people have died across the UK after contracting coronavirus.

Yeah and I showed you where the 4343 figure came from. It's not unknown :rolleyes: for UK govts. to massage key figures, the addition is not a UK figure and it's doesn't cover the whole period over which deaths occurred - on two counts it's not adding like-to-like.

20%  - 1 hour ago, 30% - 33 minutes ago, feel free to give us another personal hunch anytime you like - the only tears will be those of laughter. :bairn

27 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah and I showed you where the 4343 figure came from. It's not unknown :rolleyes: for UK govts. to massage key figures, the addition is not a UK figure and it's doesn't cover the whole period over which deaths occurred - on two counts it's not adding like-to-like.

20%  - 1 hour ago, 30% - 33 minutes ago, feel free to give us another personal hunch anytime you like - the only tears will be those of laughter. :bairn

I hope your not starting to be in the "making things up" crew?

I never said the 4,343 was made up, I suggested anything else was. 

The 20% was the 4,343 figures from the 21,000 total, the 30% was my hunch.

Dear oh dear. :byebye

The 4,343 figure covers a much wider timescale than two weeks of you'd read the whole article.

It SUGGESTS this could be over 5,000 by next week. 

from two deaths in the week ending 20 March, to 22 deaths, 217 deaths, 1,043 deaths and 3,093 in the following four weeks to 17 April, according to the ONS. The CQC figures, which account for a further week but are broadly tracking the ONS figures, suggest the ONS data next week is likely to show well over 5,000 care home deaths in total.

It also says................confirming the suspicion that a massive number have not died FROM this virus. .The number of deaths in care homes where Covid-19 has been included on the death certificate has risen sharply

Edited by faraway saint

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I hope your not starting to be in the "making things up" crew?

I never said the 4,343 was made up, I suggested anything else was. 

The 20% was the 4,343 figures from the 21,000 total, the 30% was my hunch.

For the third (and final) time the two figures aren't for like-for-like periods/areas thus the 20% figure is meaningless, and your trumpeting it as a triumph naïve.

It's fairly clear that outside of deaths in hospital the figures aren't being gathered accurately or consistently - until this is sorted any "true" figure is, erm, meaningless. That we're having this conversation 55 days after the first death attributed to Covid in the UK really is an indictment of the governments handling of not just the stats but the crisis in general.

Edited by Bud the Baker

56 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

For the third (and final) time the two figures aren't for like-for-like periods/areas thus the 20% figure is meaningless, and your trumpeting it as a triumph naïve.

It's fairly clear that outside of deaths in hospital the figures aren't being gathered accurately or consistently - until this is sorted any "true" figure is, erm, meaningless. That we're having this conversation 55 days after the first death attributed to Covid in the UK really is an indictment of the governments handling of not just the stats but the crisis in general.

You seem to have missed out a considerable part of my post.

No matter, time will tell.

PS Get yer ain patter. :P

PPS If your intending to make this a political point I'm out. While I understand government and this are intertwined there's no point of you are going to throw doubt on every set of figures that are produced. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Good luck bud. He's just never going to admit he's wrong.

His "hunch" thing is something he was directly attacking others for doing on this very forum not 5 weeks ago.

We haven't been able to trust the death figures ever since the government admitted they were only hospital deaths and that was weeks ago. Everyone except one poster seems to have accepted that.

Edited by oaksoft

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I've had to stick FS on ignore for the time being.

He's just spamming the forum with shite.

Because he's made a fool of you. :lol:

Ignore yet you mention me all over the place? :lol:

Spamming?

I'd ask you to explain but you never do, you run and hide when your under pressure. :byebye

I'm prepared to respond to other people's posts, unlike you. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Good luck bud. He's just never going to admit he's wrong.

His "hunch" thing is something he was directly attacking others for doing on this very forum not 5 weeks ago.

We haven't been able to trust the death figures ever since the government admitted they were only hospital deaths and that was weeks ago. Everyone except one poster seems to have accepted that.

The figures were quite clear they were ONLY recorded in hospitals, what's not to trust? :blink:

I've mentioned the lack of deaths outside the hospital for a while now.

Surely you're not trying to use these to make your hilarious predictions seem not so ridiculous? :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
I've had to stick FS on ignore for the time being.
He's just spamming the forum with shite.
Yes I only seen his post as it was quoted.
My notifications still tell me he's replied or liked my posts which is a bit annoying.
Can't seem to turn off notifications for individual accounts.

Guest TPAFKATS

Ed Conway sky news economics editor posted these graphs earlier.
They show excess deaths outwith the normal range comparing 4 UK countries and also some European ones.

Pretty damming, esp along with the narrative he also tweeted. IMG_20200428_221743.jpegIMG_20200428_221738.jpeg