Coronavirus

faraway saint

This was a Twitter post in response to pictures of people holding street parties to celebrate VE Day:

233763887_EvilTories1.jpg.10fff8e319f1f28691a4b300e4271713.jpg

Interesting theory. It does seem very strange that people were encouraged to have street parties. With alcohol involved, and I imagine a lot of people would be enjoying a few drinks, folks' inhibitions would be lowered and social distancing would quickly be forgotten. 

3 minutes ago, W6er said:

This was a Twitter post in response to pictures of people holding street parties to celebrate VE Day:

Interesting theory. It does seem very strange that people were encouraged to have street parties. With alcohol involved, and I imagine a lot of people would be enjoying a few drinks, folks' inhibitions would be lowered and social distancing would quickly be forgotten. 

I thought something similar when I seem similar items on the BBC news before 9:00am.

A long day, bevvy involved, feck goes any sort of social distancing. 

PS Over 100,000 is stretching things, nothing better than a fantasy to ruin a realistic criticism. :thumbsdown

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I thought something similar when I seem similar items on the BBC news before 9:00am.

A long day, bevvy involved, feck goes any sort of social distancing. 

PS Over 100,000 is stretching things, nothing better than a fantasy to ruin a realistic criticism. :thumbsdown

I'm a sceptic by nature, and I simply trust the powers that be (TPTB). Whilst I'm convinced the Coronavirus is real and a threat to public health, I do think deaths are probably being exaggerated and there is another agenda here.

Recently we have been warned about anthropogenic climate change and how we are reaching the point of no return. Could it be possible that TPTB are using the Coronavirus pandemic to shut down economies and perhaps encourage firms to quickly working practices required for people to work from home, and get people accustomed to the idea that they cannot travel? 

Aye, you might think I'm a tinfoil hat wearing loony, but I think it's healthy to sceptical of one's government and not believe everything we're told. It's interesting how alternative narratives are being shut down now, too.

I'm a sceptic by nature, and I simply trust the powers that be (TPTB). Whilst I'm convinced the Coronavirus is real and a threat to public health, I do think deaths are probably being exaggerated and there is another agenda here.
Recently we have been warned about anthropogenic climate change and how we are reaching the point of no return. Could it be possible that TPTB are using the Coronavirus pandemic to shut down economies and perhaps encourage firms to quickly working practices required for people to work from home, and get people accustomed to the idea that they cannot travel? 
Aye, you might think I'm a tinfoil hat wearing loony, but I think it's healthy to sceptical of one's government and not believe everything we're told. It's interesting how alternative narratives are being shut down now, too.
Exaggerated how. Exactly?

Do you personally know anyone who died of it?

Personally... I know five.

I gave a eulogy at a funeral on Monday... Attended by five other people.

I watched an online live streaming of a funeral this morning.

Both people I've known for over a decade.

On Monday I am attending the funeral of my best friends Father. Someone I've known for over 40 years.

To me anyway, it seems very real and if anything, understated to avoid panic.

So... again I ask... Exaggerated how? Based on what personal experience?

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

On Monday I am attending the funeral of my best friends Father. Someone I've known for over 40 years.

Coronavirus is mentioned ON the death certificate when it's not always the CAUSE of death. 

There's been various "studies" showing that as little as 12% were the main cause of death (in Italy) to 30%.

Personally I don't know any, but that's got nothing to do with the actual numbers. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Aaaaw...
if uk was still in EU, it would be leader in something....   [emoji20]
It's an interesting slant for BBC to put on a headline.

It is clear that people used yesterday as an excuse to let off steam, the street behind ours had a party that went on for 9hrs that I was aware of and in the middle of the afternoon all the kids were running around together playing, in essence just good natured fun but you wonder what consequences there may be to follow and I don't just mean the massive hangovers. They had even hired a singer who belted out a variety of songs, does that count as essential travel of was it her exercise for the day? You can only shake your head and wonder.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Dominic Raab said the reason our numbers are so high is because we're "world leaders" in gathering statistics 😂.

Now that epitomises positive tory spin! What next?

"Due to our concern of the nations health, we have endeavoured to give 13% of the population a long holiday"?

10 hours ago, W6er said:

You think it's an interesting theory?

Which bit? The childish ranting nonsense about an "evil" government?

Or the fact that he's claiming they are somehow deliberately aiming for 100,000 deaths to save money without producing a single shred of evidence to support his view?

Honestly, I don't know how you find the time or energy for this kind of nutjob.

11 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

@faraway saint explained how the virus' deadliness may be exaggerated.

I am sorry to hear of your losses, BuddieinEK. I am fortunate in that I know nobody who has died from Coronavirus. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You think it's an interesting theory?

Which bit? The childish ranting nonsense about an "evil" government?

Or the fact that he's claiming they are somehow deliberately aiming for 100,000 deaths to save money without producing a single shred of evidence to support his view?

Honestly, I don't know how you find the time or energy for this kind of nutjob.

It's interesting for a number of reasons. Principally because the man has questioned the logic of the government and media encouraging street parties during a pandemic, one considered so dangerous to the nation's health that the same government passed emergency legislation compelling people to adhere to social distancing. It doesn't make sense. It's illogical, and I do not believe it can be attributed to incompetence.

Why do you believe the government and media were actively promoting street parties during a pandemic?

Coronavirus is mentioned ON the death certificate when it's not always the CAUSE of death. 
There's been various "studies" showing that as little as 12% were the main cause of death (in Italy) to 30%.
Personally I don't know any, but that's got nothing to do with the actual numbers. 
And how many people have died having COVID-19 where it wasn't mentioned on the death certificate?

Can that not work both ways?

Guest TPAFKATS
And how many people have died having COVID-19 where it wasn't mentioned on the death certificate?

Yes and it does. If someone dies and hasn't been tested for covid some doctirs don't put covid on death cert. This is a matter of clinical judgement/opinion.

6 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
41 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yes and it does. If someone dies and hasn't been tested for covid some doctirs don't put covid on death cert. This is a matter of clinical judgement/opinion.

So, there's no official confirmation this person HAD the virus?

Thanks for clearing that up. :byebye

3 hours ago, W6er said:

Why do you believe the government and media were actively promoting street parties during a pandemic?

I'm not interested in what the media said.

Where did you read about the government actively promoting street parties which would cause social distancing to be breached?

There were quite a few street parties in Town yesterday.One in Hunterhill seemed to have attracted every household and there is no way social distancing was adhered to.

Its as if some people want the virus to stay.🤪

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not interested in what the media said.

Where did you read about the government actively promoting street parties which would cause social distancing to be breached?

While not actively encouraging there was no communication, or attempts, to stop these parties.

Could be seen as encouraging by not discouraging.

Don't think it's critical debating the "who said, who didn't say" point, there was almost certain breaches of the social distancing rules.

See below...........................and above from @HSS

6 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

It is clear that people used yesterday as an excuse to let off steam, the street behind ours had a party that went on for 9hrs that I was aware of and in the middle of the afternoon all the kids were running around together playing, in essence just good natured fun but you wonder what consequences there may be to follow and I don't just mean the massive hangovers. They had even hired a singer who belted out a variety of songs, does that count as essential travel of was it her exercise for the day? You can only shake your head and wonder.