Coronavirus

faraway saint

11 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm sure I read/saw an item somewhere that said more ancillary NHS staff had died than doctors & nurses (summat to do with who gets first dibs on the PPE) are you willing to accept my memory :spud5or do you want me to try & find it? 

Honestly, we are getting to the point where we can't trust any source of statistics on deaths.

6 hours ago, antrin said:

I don’t think so.

having read your post, I checked my choice of word: flotsam is debris not deliberately thrown overboard.

The Buffoon’s children.

He  won’t even recognise them or own up to how many children he has, nor who they all are!

Flotsam seems apt.

Maybe you are not better than that then.

That's a shame.

7 hours ago, antrin said:

This government announced qualifications for POTENTIAL immigrants in which it decreed that people who would work for the same wage as nurses, were “unskilled” and thus not good enough to come into Britain. 

obviously POOR and kept in that/their Place by their government?

The impact of a pandemic shouldn’t be a Class issue, but it IS.

Outrageous! 

I agree with Antrin, and believe we should continue to poach doctors and nurses from the third world. If it saves us a few quid each year in taxes, then it's worth millions of deaths back in their native countries, where said medical professionals are desperately needed. :thumbsup

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The people most at risk are the essential workers.

These include doctors and nurses however they, on the whole, have access to ppe.

Other essential workers who interact with the public do not have the same protection.

Most of these essential workers are on low pay / minimum wage.

In England from today its mainly blue collar workers who are being told to return to work - Johnson specifically mentioned construction and manufacturing.

That's why others are alluding to it being a class issue.

People in more deprived areas either have lost their jobs or are working in front line occupations - they are drivers, social care workers, working in the food industry, which puts them in contact with the public and at high risk of sustaining infection.

Sir Michael MarmotDirector of the Institute of Health Equity, University College London.

Definitely not a class issue.:wacko:

Really?

Edited by FTOF

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The people most at risk of covid are doctors and nurses, neither of whom could be reasonably described as poor.

The other group are elderly people with sufficient finances to be able to afford private care. Again, not poor.

covid is clearly NOT a class issue.

You’re probably correct.

and the following is probably just coincidence...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52637581

...or maybe doctors and nurses just like to live with the plebs?

28 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

Even you said my pertinent questions were 'good questions'. You have gotten quite accusative.

Remember only 17% of people believe what they read in a newspaper which , possibly is a major contributing factor to their deciling sales , granted that the merchants of chaos in all media are having a field day at the moment.

What are  conspiracy  “theorists”..??

If you are not aware of how free speech  and debate have taken a major blow during the 'lockdown'  then l suggest you start using your own mind before someone else starts using it for you .

The last sentence is just paranoia - there's plenty of debate about the efficacy of the lockdown out there and the government (both Westminster & Holyrood) has come in for some stringent criticism from the MSM & the more esoteric websites you like to frequent much of which you've posted on here.

Just because you read something doesn't make it true, the reality is you just don't like current policy. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

The last sentence is just paranoia - there's plenty of debate about the efficacy of the lockdown out there and the government (both Westminster & Holyrood) has come in for some stringent criticism from the MSM & the more esoteric websites you like to frequent much of which you've posted on here.

Just because you read something doesn't make it true, the reality is you just don't like current policy. 

He's also making the classic mistake of confusing freedom of speech with credibility of that speech.

He still hasn't explained what credentials that anonymous author had which allowed him to describe the abstract of a peer reviewed scientific paper as "academic waffle". It seems knickerwetter doesn't vet his own sources. Something he is accusing the rest of us of doing.

Like everyone else, he is following articles which support his view and rejecting those which don't. He's just a different type of sheep.

7 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

That's an outrageous statement whether in jest or not.  Wtf has happened to this forum when so many insults are posted?  

I would agree with you, but @faraway saint has been sending me abusive PMs, including pictures of his penis. :spud2 But I should know better than to take the bait. Sorry for any offence I caused you, Ned. 

I've been looking at the gender splits of CV deaths from the ONS weekly stats.

I've calculated these figures:

CV deaths as a % of all deaths

week 12 - 1%

week 13 - 5%

week 14 - 34%

week 15 - 59%

week 16 - 83%

week 17 - 79%

week 18 - 61%

For 2019 and the first 3 months of 2020, the gender split of deaths was virtually 50 / 50

The gender split of hospital CV deaths, calculated from the NHS England website is 61 / 39. This ties in with the experience of other countries and the WHO who stated 63 / 37

These are the gender splits of CV deaths calculated from the ONS stats

week 12 - 60 / 40

week 13 - 62 / 38

week 14 - 61 / 39

week 15 - 61 / 39

week 16 - 58 / 42

week 17 - 55 / 45

week 18 - 52 / 48

These are the gender splits of non CV deaths

week 12 - 51 / 49

week 13 - 51 / 49

week 14 - 52 / 48

week 15 - 50 / 50

week 16 - 47 / 53

week 17 - 49 / 51

week 18 - 48 / 52

These are the gender splits of all deaths

week 12 - 51 / 49

week 13 - 51 / 49

week 14 - 54 / 46

week 15 - 54 / 46

week 16 - 51 / 49

week 17 - 51 / 49

week 18 - 49 / 51

What's happening in week 16 - 18?

Edited by Sue Denim

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

week 12 - 1%

week 13 - 5%

week 14 - 34%

week 15 - 59%

week 16 - 83%

week 17 - 79%

week 18 - 61%

For 2019 and the first 3 months of 2020, the gender split of deaths was virtually 50 / 50

The gender split of hospital CV deaths, calculated from the NHS England website is 61 / 39. This ties in with the experience of other countries and the WHO who stated 63 / 37

week 12 - 60 / 40

week 13 - 62 / 38

week 14 - 61 / 39

week 15 - 61 / 39

week 16 - 58 / 42

week 17 - 55 / 45

week 18 - 52 / 48

week 12 - 51 / 49

week 13 - 51 / 49

week 14 - 52 / 48

week 15 - 50 / 50

week 16 - 47 / 53

week 17 - 49 / 51

week 18 - 48 / 52

week 12 - 51 / 49

week 13 - 51 / 49

week 14 - 54 / 46

week 15 - 54 / 46

week 16 - 51 / 49

week 17 - 51 / 49

week 18 - 49 / 51

That's very interesting, actually. Are the figures female/male or male/female? 

How amazing it would be if 99.99% of blokes got killed, and left me with millions of horny chicks. I have to beat them off with a shitty stick as it is, but it would be like the Lynx advert....phwoar! 

3 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

week 12 - 1%

week 13 - 5%

week 14 - 34%

week 15 - 59%

week 16 - 83%

week 17 - 79%

week 18 - 61%

week 12 - 60 / 40

week 13 - 62 / 38

week 14 - 61 / 39

week 15 - 61 / 39

week 16 - 58 / 42

week 17 - 55 / 45

week 18 - 52 / 48

week 12 - 51 / 49

week 13 - 51 / 49

week 14 - 52 / 48

week 15 - 50 / 50

week 16 - 47 / 53

week 17 - 49 / 51

week 18 - 48 / 52

week 12 - 51 / 49

week 13 - 51 / 49

week 14 - 54 / 46

week 15 - 54 / 46

week 16 - 51 / 49

week 17 - 51 / 49

week 18 - 49 / 51

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

We prefer out data presented in the form of graphs on here.:rolleyes:

Yes we do like graphs but for the love of GOD make sure you dumb the shit out of any analysis you do.

Assuming any sort of intelligence on this forum would be a serious mistake. :lol:

How some of them manage to get out of bed each day without killing themselves and those around them is a constant source of surprise. You think I'm joking don't you......