Coronavirus

faraway saint

Numbers staying low, opening up the path for more changes to the rules.
image.png.ec7b112b2895196c3d06b522e4e0bb16.png
Scotlands numbers also dropping like a stone..........................looking forward to considerable changes tomorrow from Sturgeon. 
She announced the changes from tomorrow last week, that will be moving to phase 1. These figures will allow for that.

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
5 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Numbers staying low, opening up the path for more changes to the rules.
image.png.ec7b112b2895196c3d06b522e4e0bb16.png
Scotlands numbers also dropping like a stone..........................looking forward to considerable changes tomorrow from Sturgeon. 

She announced the changes from tomorrow last week, that will be moving to phase 1. These figures will allow for that.

Aye, McDonald's already opening up the drive through next Thursday up here.

It'll be queued out. 👍

Edited by faraway saint

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just seen Sturgeon getting the same level of nonsense that was aimed at the UK government about care homes.

It seems these wallopers have the super power of hindsight, unfortunately Sturgeon and Johnson don't., shame on both of them. 

Bit like all the bright sparks who say we should have been in lockdown 2 weeks earlier etc. Didn't hear a huge amount about that at the time. All I remember hearing that it was best to go into lockdown as late as possible so we were mid lockdown at the peak !. Now all that seems to have changed with hindsight too.

If they had went into lockdown 2 weeks earlier then they would have been complaining it was 2 weeks too late !

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Bit like all the bright sparks who say we should have been in lockdown 2 weeks earlier etc. Didn't hear a huge amount about that at the time. All I remember hearing that it was best to go into lockdown as late as possible so we were mid lockdown at the peak !. Now all that seems to have changed with hindsight too.

If they had went into lockdown 2 weeks earlier then they would have been complaining it was 2 weeks too late !

Shhhh, the hyenas will round on you with that sort of talk. :lol:

Wonder how this track and trace will work when you get so many wallopers like this lot..................it all revolves around people playing the game, good luck with that. 

Police in Manchester were called to disperse 200 guests at a Bank Holiday street party on Monday.

The gathering, in Barleycroft Street, Moss Side, took place as the UK remains in lockdown during the coronavirus crisis.

As officers from GMP Longsight and Moss Side attended the scene at around 1am, an object was thrown through the back window of a police car, forcing it off the road.

The force said the party was just one of a large number of street parties that took place on the May holiday.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Todays number, 412, highest number for a week.

Hopefully a blip, don't need to be returning to 400+ numbers. 

Looking forward to a wee trip into Dundee next week, not been "out" for the day for yonks.

I cannot find how they arrive at 412 when they also claim only 183 died  in England???

24 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I cannot find how they arrive at 412 when they also claim only 183 died  in England???

It looks like the lower figure was only IN HOSPITALS as this item below seems to suggest.

This shows a slightly different figure of 209 compared to your 183. 

The number of people who have died in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus has jumped by 412, nearly double the number of hospital fatalities announced today .

The Department for Health said 37,460 people had died in hospitals, care homes and the wider community after testing positive for coronavirus as of 5pm on Tuesday, up from 37,048 the day before.

The official toll of 412 was nearly double the number of hospital deaths announced on Wednesday. Individual NHS boards across the UK had announced 209 deaths in hospitals.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It looks like the lower figure was only IN HOSPITALS as this item below seems to suggest.

This shows a slightly different figure of 209 compared to your 183. 

The number of people who have died in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus has jumped by 412, nearly double the number of hospital fatalities announced today .

The Department for Health said 37,460 people had died in hospitals, care homes and the wider community after testing positive for coronavirus as of 5pm on Tuesday, up from 37,048 the day before.

The official toll of 412 was nearly double the number of hospital deaths announced on Wednesday. Individual NHS boards across the UK had announced 209 deaths in hospitals.

Smoke and mirrors and they have not given the number of tests carried out in England.

5 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Smoke and mirrors and they have not given the number of tests carried out in England.

See the rest if the piece..................

In the 24-hour period up to 9am on Wednesday, 117,013 tests were carried out or dispatched with 2,013 positive results.

The figure for the number of people tested in the same period was unavailable for the fifth day in a row because of “technical difficulties”.

Overall a total of 3,798,490 tests have been carried out and 267,240 cases have been confirmed positive.

Guest TPAFKATS
Like this bright spark scientist explaining how other bright spark scientists said lock down but were ignored?
https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/15/uk-government-coronavirus-science-who-advice?__twitter_impression=true

This much heralded track and trace will have a very small impact of reducing the spread IMO.

As I've mentioned, it all depends on the goodwill of people and who is going to pay these people when they take the decision to self isolate? 

If you only get SSP most people are going to quite simply ignore it.

Another part of the game governments are playing. 

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Like this bright spark scientist explaining how other bright spark scientists said lock down but were ignored?
https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/15/uk-government-coronavirus-science-who-advice?__twitter_impression=true

By bright sparks I'm talking about general public, media, opposition political parties etc

SAGE is the scientific body that the government listens to.

Also something to think about is if your a scientist who wants to get noticed you go into the media and say the opposite to SAGE !

I'm not saying it was the right decision to go into lockdown as late as we did, and mistakes have been made, but what its a bit rich is all the calls with hindsight that weren't made at the time.

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

By bright sparks I'm talking about general public, media, opposition political parties etc

SAGE is the scientific body that the government listens to.

Also something to think about is if your a scientist who wants to get noticed you go into the media and say the opposite to SAGE !

I'm not saying it was the right decision to go into lockdown as late as we did, and mistakes have been made, but what its a bit rich is all the calls with hindsight that weren't made at the time.

It would end a scientist's credibility to do something like that without any evidence whatsoever to back them up.

That also goes for those using a retrospectoscope (@smcc).

Science isn't like politics. You can't just say whatever you like without some proof.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It would end a scientist's credibility to do something like that without any evidence whatsoever to back them up.

That also goes for those using a retrospectoscope (@smcc).

Science isn't like politics. You can't just say whatever you like without some proof.

No its doesn't. 

A huge amount of the science in this is not absolute. Its a new virus that science is only going to learn about over time.

So for that reason and there are many others,  scientists can have different interpretations and present it as evidence.

The one's who want in the media and noticed are the one's giving a different opinion to SAGE. The media is not interested otherwise.

I'm not saying this is the case for all scientists taking a different view to SAGE but there are a fair few are playing this game.

You seem to be presenting science as some wholly grail when in reality its subject to the same human behaviour failings as any other i.e attention seeking 

I'm really looking forward to the first "We came out of lockdown far to late" comments once all the huge economic effects of COVID appear over the next few months.

Edited by lenziebud

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm really looking forward to the first "We came out of lockdown far to late" comments once all the huge economic effects of COVID appear over the next few months.

Right wing libertarians have been saying this for weeks.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

Right wing libertarians have been saying this for weeks.

Of course but they are extreme @rses. Its the mass media and general public I'm talking about as well as opposition parties who say nothing just now but 3 months down the line I'm waiting for it. 

The guardian article of the scientist who says all the evidence was pointing to coming out earlier etc etc. Why did we ever go into lockdown in the first place, all the economic damage could have been avoided blah blah blah !!!!