Coronavirus

faraway saint

29 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Another reason might be that most folk can recognise that the death rate in England is worse than the other 3 parts of UK.

Of course it can be presented differently for the gullible like creepy from arbroath. They lap it up.

I couldn't see the point in arguing from a factual point of view. It never gets reasonable results from certain posters.

36 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
13 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Ah, the root of the problem shows itself.
The government pumps out a lot of data and I don't watch TV. I don't generally watch these announcements online either. I therefore have no idea exactly what specific data you are relying on. Google is my friend but even friends need to know what I am looking for. I attempted to search for "Data which TPAK thingy mentioned on BAWA about nationwide covid spikes". Alas my friend was, not for the first time, found wanting. A link to "lovely Russian wives for you" holds promise but that is tomorrow's work.
So, we're at an impasse.

If you are that bad at searching t'internet for daily government data that is published and reported on during a pandemic you are wasting your money on broadband and would be wiser investing it in Russian brides.

More racism and misogyny from the forum scumbag 

Edited by Sue Denim

This leftie middle class groupthink lockdown holiday at the expense of the poor is a disaster

We know that shutting down the NHS and throwing elderly folk with Covid into care homes has killed tens of thousands. And it’s likely saved nobody.

Tens of thousands more will die in this country.

And that’s before we get to the millions who will die worldwide. 

Supporting a policy of shutting down the NHS and destroying jobs is the mark of an evil sociopath. 

The middle class lefties are responsible for this and all for their misguided political agenda.

Edited by Sue Denim

45 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I couldn't see the point in arguing from a factual point of view. It never gets reasonable results from certain posters.

There you go again, you're a genius, anyone disagrees are lesser beings.

The FACTS were presented on the Andrew Marr show this morning.

NIreland had a figure of 26, England and Wales were both 46 and Scotland 51.

These were pro rata for each countries population.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Another reason might be that most folk can recognise that the death rate in England is worse than the other 3 parts of UK.

Of course it can be presented differently for the gullible like creepy from arbroath. They lap it up.

As for your post, the forum coward, it's hypocrisy at it's best. 

You've been on the run from Oaky for a couple of days when you posted your "interpretation" of facts :lol: and slithered around when asked to at least show these facts.

You're not gullible, utterly twisted and a grade "A" wanker, yes, that's about sums you up. 🤡

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Similar to economic policy where the SNP raise an extra !% compared to the rUK, Covid policy up here so far has been only more stringent than BJ/Westminster although the combination of the "3wee countries" did put a temporary break on BJs easing of lockdown 3 weeks ago. Clearly being tied to the UK obviously limits room for manoeuvre, even the schools issue falls neatly for the SNP with the extra 3 weeks lockdown and our earlier holidays. What has been different up here is that NS has been consistently strong in her daily briefings in contrast to some down South with BJ & PP being my "top wafflers".

FWIW I think the SNP will continue to try and stay "1% tougher on Covid" for political and practical reasons.

Decent post, well done, could be a first. :wink:

I have been impressed with Sturgeon, overall, although ultimately the level of cases and deaths falls firmly onto her lap as is her position.

I don't regard her as personally responsible, that would be plain stupid. :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS
More racism and misogyny from the forum scumbag 
Hi Andy,
Once again you've accused me of misogyny. Thus time you've also accused me of racism. Could you evidence please or retract both allegations.

Thanks in advance

Guest TPAFKATS

Creepy from arbroath has had me of ignore for weeks now, I also have him on ignore - it makes this place more readable and manageable.

And yet my notifications show he replies to almost every post I make generally within minutes of me posting.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

Creepy from arbroath has had me of ignore for weeks now, I also have him on ignore - it makes this place more readable and manageable.

And yet my notifications show he replies to almost every post I make generally within minutes of me posting.

Almost every post. 😂

What has the time between posts got to do with anything coward? 🤡🤡🤡

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Hi Andy,
Once again you've accused me of misogyny. Thus time you've also accused me of racism. Could you evidence please or retract both allegations.

Thanks in advance

The evidence is in the post I quoted.

You continually pollute the forum with misogynistic comments with the odd bit of casual racism and homophobia thrown in

Please desist 

Edited by Sue Denim

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

There you go again, you're a genius, anyone disagrees are lesser beings.

The FACTS were presented on the Andrew Marr show this morning.

NIreland had a figure of 26, England and Wales were both 46 and Scotland 51.

These were pro rata for each countries population.

As for your post, the forum coward, it's hypocrisy at it's best. 

You've been on the run from Oaky for a couple of days when you posted your "interpretation" of facts :lol: and slithered around when asked to at least show these facts.

You're not gullible, utterly twisted and a grade "A" wanker, yes, that's about sums you up. 🤡

I rest my case.

Why on earth anyone would pay any attention to the stats is a mystery to me - it's over 4 months since the pandemic began they still depend on what day they're  issued and three of the four countries are reporting them in different ways.

The number of people who have died across England, Scotland and Wales after contracting coronavirus has risen by 106 in 24 hours.

The increase consists of 85 hospital patients in England, 9 people in Scotland,  one person in Northern Ireland and 11 hospital patients and care home residents in Wales.

This might help some people...

How To Make Sense Of The UK’s Coronavirus Death Toll Updates

Here's what you need to know if you want to accurately interpret the number of Covid-19 deaths announced each day by the UK government.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/coronavirus-death-toll-uk-inaccurate_uk_5e8dc00bc5b6e1a2e0fce3d0?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubXNuLmNvbS9lbi1nYi9uZXdzL3VrbmV3cy91ay1yZWNvcmRzLTEwNi1tb3JlLWNvcm9uYXZpcnVzLWRlYXRocy1pbi0yNC1ob3Vycy1icmluZ2luZy10b3RhbC10by0zODQ4Mi9hci1CQjE0UTZSNz9vY2lkPXNwYXJ0YW5udHA&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALBnhtHOwRrJ5W1cMGjmpbxE6YBU8G0lTfpf05FljjvCMZPc3sSBCuphdeF5w56r-LKrxdWu5xoJp2F6EXdnKNE_ZHaBDRHT66xhWUVl8Ayc9s1P9k0Tq7FMg2MzM5-b0FR9iqb_sD5HNqn2jcQrp6syARsNX-N1VQoqPaiOm1Zo

Of course it's then a decision about what figures you want to believe the DoH's daily total, the ONS's weekly one which tends to be about 30% higher or the excess deaths for the Covid period compared with the 5 year rolling average for these months which is higher still.

Arguing over the present stats mean is like bald men fighting over a comb - let's give it a coupla years and hope that we're still alive to  argue about it when the useful stats come out! 🎚️

Edited by Bud the Baker

6 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Stats vary wildly across the UK.  And dependent on who presents them and what they want you t think/believe.

(It has been always, thus.)

Dundee City and Shetland currently are in a really shite state compared with London - where everything SEEMS to be getting better, proceeding swimmingly...

I saw that in The Grauniad, I think.  Or on the BBC.

Edited by antrin

Guest TPAFKATS
The evidence is in the post I quoted.
You continually pollute the forum with misogynistic comments with the odd bit of casual racism and homophobia thrown in
Please desist 
Absolutely nothing racist or misogynistic in my post. Please stop being an alt right snowflake.
Alternatively report me for that post.

BTW, how's Sweden doing?