Coronavirus

faraway saint

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A buffoon calling someone else a buffoon, irony. 🤡

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Remember back in the day when you thought you were important, correcting spelling mistakes? :1eye

Now, with the invention of spell check and auto correct,  you've become as good as useless. 

You still think the odd auto correct mistake equals a lack of intellect, that's irony. 🤡

I still know that I am far more important than you...  and so do you as you’re copying my words, with gay abandon... buffoon, irony...

Also, anyone calling someone else an idiot is themselves an idiot (or a Buffoon), if they make an idiotic error while doing it.  That wasn’t just a spell check thing, it was making a public arse of yourself, which I enjoyed pointing out. Nothing ironic about pointing that out

I hope this helps?  :)

Edited by antrin

Turns out that SAGE didn’t even discuss lockdown never mind advise it
Lockdown was purely a political decision with no scientific basis
oh dear....
https://www.paulchaplin.life/blog-original/lockdown-boris-violated-sage-advice

Using a Daily Sport columnist [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Well, blow me down...........................Imagine that @TPAFKATS doing this, what a lowlife. 

Man who reported second Dominic Cummings trip admits he 'made that up'

A man who claimed to have seen Dominic Cummings in Durham for a second time in April has admitted that he made it up, according to reports.

Tim Matthews said he altered figures on the popular Strava running app to make it look like he had seen Mr Cummings in Durham on April 19, after the PM's aide had returned to London from his first trip.

His claim was reported in the Guardian earlier this week.

But he told the Mail on Sunday: "I made that up afterwards, a few days ago in fact. I modified it for a little bit of comedy value.

10 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Great to see so many people flouting the lockdown this weekend.

Started on Friday with a huge group of kids outside the shops on Braehead Road.

Neighbours having a barbecue this afternoon with more than 1 other household and no social distancing.

And taking the in laws dog for a walk this afternoon in fields round the back, walked past 3 different large groups of kids flouting the rules.

Good on them.

And loving the outrage on social media commenting on all the photos of people flocking to popular spots at the weekend.

End the lockdown.

That's been happening for weeks

We never had a lockdown

I've never seen the streets  so busy with people since the 1980s

Lockdown? What lockdown.

Scotland's First Minister has taken to social media to warn that "restrictions" could be reapplied if people don't follow the five-mile rule.

The glorious sunshine and hot temperatures has lured people to beauty spots across the country after some lockdown restrictions were lifted on Friday.

But just three days into phase one of the government's route map out, Nicola Sturgeon has sought to remind people that they shouldn't be travelling further than "around five miles" from their home for leisure.

Considering Scotland has the worst death ratio out of the 4 home nations the Scottish government are getting quite an easy ride.
Funny that. :rolleyes:
We also have the lowest life expectancy and highest rates of many terminal / chronic diseases. You just need to see the number of beached whales and baby whales down the beach yesterday to see where our issues lie. Govt can promote healthy lifestyle choices until we are blue in the face (pun fully intended) but as a nation we simply don't give a toss. The original live hard die young race !!!

Guest TPAFKATS
We also have the lowest life expectancy and highest rates of many terminal / chronic diseases. You just need to see the number of beached whales and baby whales down the beach yesterday to see where our issues lie. Govt can promote healthy lifestyle choices until we are blue in the face (pun fully intended) but as a nation we simply don't give a toss. The original live hard die young race !!!
That's true, however we don't actually have the worst death rate.
If you look at excess death rates through this pandemic England is almost 3 times higher than Scotland. N Ireland and Wales better than Scotland.

When even the Guardian is calling out lockdown then it shows how far behind the curve the leftie lockdown fans are

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/29/britain-shame-coronavirus-deaths-economic-collapsey

Either way, Britain’s policy on coronavirus has clearly been disastrous. The press might trumpet America’s 100,000 deaths. But America is a big country and, on the most sensible generalised measure of “excess deaths per million”, Britain’s rate is not just three times America’s but possibly the worst in the world, at 890 against American’s roughly 250. Even its deaths per million are higher than America’s. 

Johnson and Hancock remain in denial over the apparent reasons for this, that thousands of Britons appear to have died after being ejected or turned away from NHS hospitals, either dumped into care homes or having vital operations postponed. Thousands more may have died at home, through being terrified by Johnson into not seeking hospital care at all. 

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

If you look at excess death rates through this pandemic England is almost 3 times higher than Scotland. N Ireland and Wales better than Scotland.

Oh dear.

Just had a quick check of the weekly stats from the ONS and the NRS calculated these

excess deaths from week 12-18 against previous 5 years per million of population

England             803

Scotland             689

Wales                   627

Is England 3 times higher than Scotland?

TPAFTWAT is either a liar or he can’t count 

or does he just believe everything he reads of nationalist websites? 

I suspect it’s all 3 😂😂😂

Edited by Sue Denim

4 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Oh dear.

Just had a quick check of the weekly stats from the ONS and the NRS calculated these

excess deaths from week 12-18 against previous 5 years per million of population

England             803

Scotland             689

I suspect it’s all 3 😂😂😂

I agree 😂

2 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Oh dear.

England             803

Scotland             689

I suspect it’s both 

I also had doubts about what TPAFKATS' numbers..

I didn't respond as I would suggest that statistics can be - and are - drawn from a vast variety of sources on this subject that can be made to look convincing from any pov.

Not worth getting arsed about, interested in or dispute with.

9 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Oh dear.

England             803

Scotland             689

I suspect it’s all 3 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

I also had doubts about what TPAFKATS' numbers..

I didn't respond as I would suggest that statistics can be - and are - drawn from a vast variety of sources on this subject that can be made to look convincing from any pov.

Not worth getting arsed about, interested in or dispute with.

Antrin is right, figures can be spun in a variety of different ways to fit an agenda. Here's a good website with a lot of detail on excessive death rates. It compares European countries and the home nations. https://voxeu.org/article/excess-mortality-england-european-outlier-covid-19-pandemic it's a wee bit dated now given how quickly the situation evolves. 

For me the overarching issue in this back and forward is we have excessive mortality rates linked to Covid 19. It clearly shows the lockdown was the right call and restrictions must remain in place withe a cautious approach to relaxing them. A pi**ing contest wont change that. 

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Antrin is right, figures can be spun in a variety of different ways to fit an agenda. Here's a good website with a lot of detail on excessive death rates. It compares European countries and the home nations. https://voxeu.org/article/excess-mortality-england-european-outlier-covid-19-pandemic it's a wee bit dated now given how quickly the situation evolves. 

For me the overarching issue in this back and forward is we have excessive mortality rates linked to Covid 19. It clearly shows the lockdown was the right call and restrictions must remain in place withe a cautious approach to relaxing them. A pi**ing contest wont change that. 

Have you been out recently? 

Lockdown?

That boat has sailed, it's only a game by politicians.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Have you been out recently? 

Lockdown?

That boat has sailed, it's only a game by politicians.

That's not the point I am making, I know a lot of people are flaunting it. It may very well cause issues down the line but lockdown was the right call and I believe it's also the right call to gradually lift it. 

If this causes a second wave in different parts of the UK hell mend us. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That's not the point I am making, I know a lot of people are flaunting it. It may very well cause issues down the line but lockdown was the right call and I believe it's also the right call to gradually lift it. 

And the point I'm making is the relaxation phases are a game played by politicians.

People have been flaunting it in increased numbers for weeks and there's been no second wave, and no other countries have had any significant second waves.

It's a scare story. 

In saying that, as it's the rules I'm/we're still following them until I'm/we're told it's back to normal. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

When even the Guardian is putting our articles criticising the lockdown disaster then it shows how far behind the curve baz is

Its killed tens of thousands, will kill millions more, has wrecked the economy and saved no-one.

How anyone reckons it was the right call is beyond me

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

And the point I'm making is the relaxation phases are a game played by politicians.

People have been flaunting it in increased numbers for weeks and there's been no second wave, and no other countries have had any significant second waves.

It's a scare story. 

In saying that, as it's the rules I'm/we're still following them until I'm/we're told it's back to normal. 

For all the people flaunting it there are still likely a majority adhering to it. They aren't stupid, they know people will go against the guidance but it would be much worse if they weren't there at all and they just said "it's fair game"

Out of the ones that aren't adhering., the majority will likely still be very cautious. For example we met up with people from two different households on Friday. We still practiced social distancing and were very cautious about our actions. All the people that are taking reasonable steps will combat a second wave.

However I think it is pretty early to make a judgement that a second wave wont come in the UK, we're one of the worst if not the worst like for like hit countries in the world. There isn't a perfect comparison we can look at right now.