Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

2019/2020 v 2017/18

week by week and cumulative 

Spot the difference....

9B76E772-E350-40B1-872F-83393850985A.jpeg

C940B496-9555-419E-B084-764183397428.jpeg

You are using two completely different vertical scales so you can't meaningfully compare them in this way, no matter how nicely those graphs appear to back your view. You need some form of normalisation on both graphs first.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Isolate the period where Covid19 hit the USA bad & you’ll see the difference. Anything before is irrelevant because naturally death rates will be impacted by different things. 

No, that won't work either. You need to normalise both graphs first. That's the only valid approach.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No, that won't work either. You need to normalise both graphs first. That's the only valid approach.

You'd still need to isolate the like for like. Andy has been guilty of things like this before, death rates that go back to autumn 2019 for example. It's designed to distort the data to fit his agenda.

Please tell me you're not going to start agreeing with him now and still claim your arguments with me aren't based on previous established feelings? 🤣

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You'd still need to isolate the like for like. Andy has been guilty of things like this before, death rates that go back to autumn 2019 for example. It's designed to distort the data to fit his agenda.

Please tell me you're not going to start agreeing with him now and still claim your arguments with me aren't based on previous established feelings? 🤣

I don't need you to mansplain statistics for me. I've been debunking Andy's graphs for ages.

He already has like for like on the horizontal axis. You would want to zoom in but it's nowhere near the biggest problem on his graph.

Take that second paragraph and stick it.

Edited by oaksoft

53 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You are using two completely different vertical scales so you can't meaningfully compare them in this way, no matter how nicely those graphs appear to back your view. You need some form of normalisation on both graphs first.

I didn’t ask you to compare them

On 2/28/2020 at 4:05 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

I suggest you stock up on tins, tape up the windows and doors and hunker down for a few weeks. Meanwhile in the real world the rest of us will continue about our normal business taking the self same life precautions we always do. The media / social media lead hysteria is off the scale. Imagine if a real plague emerged in the developed world, it would be armageddon stuff. Let's just concentrate on making it to Hampden.

Some sensible advice before he succumbed to the hysteria 😂😂

On 2/28/2020 at 6:53 PM, djchapsticks said:

It's a severe flu virus FFS. I can't believe the level folk are losing their minds at. Influenza kills tens of thousands every year as well. 

Unless you have a weak constitution that causes it to be life threatening, you're going to be floored by it if you catch it and then get over it in a few weeks.

Well said dj

Just a pity that most folk didn’t keep this sense of perspective 

On 2/29/2020 at 9:34 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

I make no claim whatsoever to be a medical expert. Just pointed out that whilst acknowledging the virus I am not changing my normal routines and there is definite hysteria being media driven trying to whip the nation into a frenzy of panic. That's the problem with 24hr news channels. Too much time and too little news.

Called it right again

before succumbing to the frenzy of panic

maybe he watched too much 24 hour news? 

Guest TPAFKATS
Deary me. I’m just cringing for you.
England’s death rate has been less than 20% higher than Scotland’s.

In what way does the inclusion of the word “almost” mitigate your lies and stupidity? [emoji2]
You’re embarrassing yourself with each wriggle you make
Please keep it up though. It’s funny. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji2]
Are you incapable if telling the difference between 3 and 5? You appear to have mixed them up twice in the one post.
#Thickasfuch right enough

Guest TPAFKATS
Clearly, the best policy for [mention=536]TPAFKATS[/mention] would have been to either own up to his mistake or just ignore his mistake altogether
But to keep digging like this actually highlights that the guy is very very stupid and he clearly doesn’t understand what he’s talking about
I’ve wasted enough time on the imbecile. He’ll make more posts confirming his stupidity I’m sure. I’ll let the forum enjoy it. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji2]
The only person enjoying your push is creepy from arbroath.

You make a lovely couple

Guest TPAFKATS
Is there a reason why he's gone from UK data over 5 years to talking about 3 years to now quoting a graph with US data?

On 5/31/2020 at 9:17 PM, faraway saint said:

As I said, people :rolleyes: will believe what suits their agenda. 

You're not seriously saying that the data has to be EXACT to be of any use in this situation? :lol:

PS I did say within reason, not that suits your agenda. :byebye 

Biostatistician Professor Sheila Bird of Aberdeen University said delay in the reporting of deaths from the virus meant there was a risk of misunderstanding any epidemic trend.

23 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

You really ought now to stop reading the Gua*d*a* , it really is making you hysterical

60 Famous Mark Twain Quotes Sayings To Readand there are the fools who mistakenly attribute the quote to Mark Twain!:1eye