Coronavirus

faraway saint

It’s no wonder this place is allegedly on its last legs.Take a read back over the last few pages and all that’s there is abuse.You all must be a blast at parties.

Take a f’kn look at yourselves.

Just now, HSS said:

It’s no wonder this place is allegedly on its last legs.Take a read back over the last few pages and all that’s there is abuse.You all must be a blast at parties.

Take a f’kn look at yourselves.

It's not on it's last legs, it's doing ok.

Just because you contribute next to nothing does not compute to last legs. 

Thanks for your contribution. :byebye

A blast at parties......................:nerdy

Guest TPAFKATS

359 deaths reported at todays daily update.
That's more than the 27 EU countries combined.

Johnson stood in Parliament a few hours before and said he was proud of how UK has dealt with covid19.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

359 deaths reported at todays daily update.
That's more than the 27 EU countries combined.

Johnson stood in Parliament a few hours before and said he was proud of how UK has dealt with covid19.

^^^^^^^^ the desperation reeks from you and your ability to spout drivel know no bounds.

Oh, 5 minutes to respond, sorry, was busy. :lol:

3 hours ago, rabuddies said:

You may have watched the Westminster "why are we so good" Briefing earlier this evening so you might have seen some discussion on this so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

image.png.72577e2e46421977c8c886d48da28b3d.png

Oh, another reason I don't believe there will be a significant 2nd wave is that the ability, albeit slow to get off the ground, to track and trace will allow us to contain any surges in the spread.

This, obviously, is a game changer to any pandemics in the past.

Time will tell 

PS I'm not a scientist/expert, just making a personal decision without Googling.  

Edited by faraway saint

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^^^ the desperation reeks from you and your ability to spout drivel know no bounds.

Oh, 5 minutes to respond, sorry, was busy. :lol:

I saw that figure in a few media outlets as well

The lockdown is over despite what the PM or FM says

Those scenes in London showed that

2 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I'm not disagreeing with the numbers.

We are a few weeks behind most countries, so comparing us to to other countries at a different stage is not a reasonable comparison, but I also agree our numbers haven't fallen as low as other countries have.

I've also said the lockdown is over. 

If you seen my post about a garden centre up here you would have seen that. 

3 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

The whole issue has been badly handled (Dispatches last night exposed a lot), in particular, the thoyghtless(I Hope) moving of very eldetley people out of hospital and relocating them in care homes without testing. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not disagreeing with the numbers.

We are a few weeks behind most countries, so comparing us to to other countries at a different stage is not a reasonable comparison, but I also agree our numbers haven't fallen as low as other countries have.

I've also said the lockdown is over. 

If you seen my post about a garden centre up here you would have seen that. 

And you helped cause the problem you  numpty by rushing along there. You certainly were near the end of the queue when brains were being given out. Empty vessels make most sound was never more true than in your case. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Yip, Johnson and his gov are continuing with herd immunity.
Its a shocking state if affairs and number of excess deaths. Remember in Feb or March we were told 20k UK deaths would be a bad outcome. Currently at 60k excess deaths. 40k 'officially' recorded as covid.

Not sure how my post was drivel. My entire post was factual. Seems it just didn't suit his agenda.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yip, Johnson and his gov are continuing with herd immunity.
Its a shocking state if affairs and number of excess deaths. Remember in Feb or March we were told 20k UK deaths would be a bad outcome. Currently at 60k excess deaths. 40k 'officially' recorded as covid.

Not sure how my post was drivel. My entire post was factual. Seems it just didn't suit his agenda.

Did they not say 20k deaths would be a good outcome?

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Did they not say 20k deaths would be a good outcome?

OK, over 20k bad then?

Personally, I just don't think any of this is helpful right now because we're still in the middle of it.

I am not aware of any country which has demonstrably got this right. It's probably about a year too early to know for sure who, if anyone, made the right decisions, whether there was only one good way to deal with the situation, or whether some countries just got luckier than others. Personally I think the latter is going to be shown to be the real truth here.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Yep. One of the medical advisers said this on live TV early on. 

When this is all over, I expect we will be very close to or in 6 figures as regards deaths in the UK so the original estimates by scientists will be reasonably close after all.

It is very fortunate that for whatever reason, and I still think lockdown has helped in this regard, those deaths happened over a spread out period.

Guest TPAFKATS
When this is all over, I expect we will be very close to or in 6 figures as regards deaths in the UK so the original estimates by scientists will be reasonably close after all.
It is very fortunate that for whatever reason, and I still think lockdown has helped in this regard, those deaths happened over a spread out period.

Lockdown was only ever to stop the spread enough for NHS and other services to cope enough.

Herd immunity has remained the UK approach, just not spoken out loud any more after initial reaction.

15 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Lockdown was only ever to stop the spread enough for NHS and other services to cope enough.

Herd immunity has remained the UK approach, just not spoken out loud any more after initial reaction.

Same as every other country.

Call it what you will, unless you expect lockdown to last till a vaccine is proved to work. 

44 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No they won't. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Todays number, 176, sees a welcome drop. 
image.png.0f49fbf8a91e1286aaaf1beb6a6c5d2a.png
Cases still "stuck" around the 1,800 mark. 

Do they numbers include the additional deaths that are reported periodically?

I was only aware of one day, Monday this week I think, @TPAFKATS mentioned this, an additional 300 something and I don't think it was added to Mondays total..

Apologies, don't know where these numbers came from and why they weren't added to the daily total. 

They were added to the overall total. 

13 minutes ago, Yflab said:

How the hell does it take us so long to introduce measures that have been rolled out successfully in other countries MONTHS ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jun/04/nhs-track-and-trace-system-not-expected-to-be-operating-fully-until-september-coronavirus

Hard to say as this, IMO, is a major part of preventing any sort of 2nd wave. 

I was only aware of one day, Monday this week I think, [mention=536]TPAFKATS[/mention] mentioned this, an additional 300 something and I don't think it was added to Mondays total..
Apologies, don't know where these numbers came from and why they weren't added to the daily total. 
They were added to the overall total. 
It was my understanding it was deaths that had CV19 on the death certificate that weren't counted in the daily hospital/care homes figures. They come out if memory serves me correctly about a week later.