Coronavirus

faraway saint

10 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Oh ffs! IMG_20200611_155301.jpeg

I haven’t read the torygraph article, but I expect it’s just repeating what was common knowledge from the outset.

the numbers presented by this “government” have always been specious and so of little worth.

They are now agreeing, with what was said and what they argued against from the start, because it now maybe makes all their killing SEEM less appalling.

The care home my Dad's in down in Paisley have carried out tests on all residents and staff.

From 153 tests carried out, 147 from the first 147 were all clear, currently waiting on the last 6 test results.

We've had issues with them on various areas but they deserve considerable praise under considerable pressure over the last 3 months or so.

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
I haven’t read the torygraph article, but I expect it’s just repeating what was common knowledge from the outset.
the numbers presented by this “government” have always been specious and so of little worth.
They are now agreeing, with what was said and what they argued against from the start, because it now maybe makes all their killing SEEM less appalling.
It's a Dr Shipman style defence - I know I killed all those folk, but they were old.

46 minutes ago, antrin said:

I tend to avoid the Telegraph, Times, Sun, Mail and Express. Little in balanced reporting. 

Guest TPAFKATS
One third of all positive tests in England have for one reason or another failed to engage with track and trace it was announced today. At those levels they have no chance of that system being effective down there.
Careful now. This is the kind of stuff where you get accused of a lack of positivity for not focusing on the 2/3 who did engage.

Sweden and Poland the only two European countries not to hit peak coronavirus cases, hopefully no second wave to come.

The true extent of damage no lockdown has done to Sweden is also not known given they've only recently ramped up testing.  Scary stats coming out there. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sweden and Poland the only two European countries not to hit peak coronavirus cases, hopefully no second wave to come.

The true extent of damage no lockdown has done to Sweden is also not known given they've only recently ramped up testing.  Scary stats coming out there. 

What leads you to say Sweden haven't hit their peak? 

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Swedes are a hard headed but very community orientated bunch. I've worked there a lot. They have a basic principle called Co-determination which underpins all of their decisions. This one looked strange. 

Edited by St.Ricky

25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Believe what you like........................looks very much the peak was around April 23rd.

While we're on Sweden, and I'm not defending their decision, have around twice the population of Scotland with, approx, 20% more fatalities.

If they are having a nightmare, with no lockdown and the economy in a better state than most, then what does that suggest about Scotland?

image.png.1058a04a3644f2d454f955204e510ac3.png

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Deary me.

Dud you have the same Maths teacher as @TPAFKATS ? 😂

If you ramp up testing then you’ll find more cases. Doh!

Deaths in Sweden. Strange how it’s died out without a lockdown...

E2E73273-3457-441F-9FD8-FD09346C8A0B.jpeg

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Believe what you like........................looks very much the peak was around April 23rd.

While we're on Sweden, and I'm not defending their decision, have around twice the population of Scotland with, approx, 20% more fatalities.

If they are having a nightmare, with no lockdown and the economy in a better state than most, then what does that suggest about Scotland?

image.png.1058a04a3644f2d454f955204e510ac3.png

Deaths per day has been shown as a pretty poor comparable over this pandemic due to reporting but I'm sure you'll agree neither of us are better equipped than the ECDC to make this conclusion. 

As for your comparison between Scotland and Sweden, it's been shown very clearly like for like is very difficult. Sweden also have their population spread out over a landmass almost twice that of the UK, much fewer multi-generation households and much more single occupancy households. All of these are believed to strongly contribute to differences between them and UK/ Scotland. It makes much more sense to compare them to similar countries in that part of the world and they've been horrific. Even the people in the country giving the advice have said they have been wrong. 

Some economists have said not lockdowning wont make a massive difference to the Swedish economy. For me, the economy is very much secondary to people dying though. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Deaths per day has been shown as a pretty poor comparable over this pandemic due to reporting but I'm sure you'll agree neither of us are better equipped than the ECDC to make this conclusion. 

As for your comparison between Scotland and Sweden, it's been shown very clearly like for like is very difficult. Sweden also have their population spread out over a landmass almost twice that of the UK, much fewer multi-generation households and much more single occupancy households. All of these are believed to strongly contribute to differences between them and UK/ Scotland. It makes much more sense to compare them to similar countries in that part of the world and they've been horrific. Even the people in the country giving the advice have said they have been wrong. 

Some economists have said not lockdowning wont make a massive difference to the Swedish economy. For me, the economy is very much secondary to people dying though. 

And that's what's strange for a normally social democrat leaning country. Your other points are valid imo

On 6/9/2020 at 5:20 PM, TPAFKATS said:

How utterly deranged do you need to be to compare this to a bad flu season without acknowledging that the deaths we have so far are after weeks of lockdown and social distancing.

What a tin foil trumpet. It's telling that only creepy from arbroath likes your posts.

it’s shameful that you dismiss influenza as an insignificant disease and dismiss the millions that it kills.

Highlights again how damaged you are.

Lockdown started after peak of infections and many of the “Covid” deaths have been caused by shutting down the NHS

I know you’re a bit stupid though. After all, you did say ”England has had “almost” 3 times the number of excess deaths than Scotland” and then tripled down on it 😂

I feel embarrassed for you TPAFTWAT

you’d better invest in a new tin foil hat 

24 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Deary me.

Dud you have the same Maths teacher as @TPAFKATS ? 😂

If you ramp up testing then you’ll find more cases. Doh!

Deaths in Sweden. Strange how it’s died out without a lockdown...

E2E73273-3457-441F-9FD8-FD09346C8A0B.jpeg

I referenced this, them not doing much testing means the true extent isn't known right now.

You've shown many times you couldn't care less about excessive deaths as long as it protects the economy (which it may not have done in Sweden). View is Sweden hasn't peaked yet, there are issues in all countries with reporting so "died out" is certainly not the right expression. 

You often referenced Sweden as your justification to ignore people dying in this country as long as the economy was protected, they have now largely admitted they are wrong, where does that leave you? 

7 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

25,000 care home patients thrown out if hospitals and back into care homes without testing 

https://www.civilserviceworld.com/articles/news/coronavirus-25000-people-discharged-hospitals-care-homes-without-tests-height-pandemic

Your view is all over the place, you don't want any lock-down restrictions but are moaning about something that would have had to happen regardless if there was no lock-down. Deary me, as long as you can remain negative eh? 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Doh!

A higher proportion of the Swedish population live in urban areas than in the UK

The lockdown is killing millions!

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The ECDC, as Sue pointed out, only showed the number of cases had risen DUE to an increase in testing as the most likely reason.

They didn't show the headline, not past their peak.

Who are these economists? 

I'm no economist but I'll go  on record saying a lockdown WOULD have had a major impact on the Swedish economy, as the figures for the UK showed today, down over 20%.

If you honestly believe that well, there's no words. :byebye

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Your view is all over the place, you don't want any lock-down restrictions but are moaning about something that would have had to happen regardless if there was no lock-down. Deary me, as long as you can remain negative eh? 

^^^^ doesn’t even make any sense 😂