Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Bet you were tempted though? :rolleyes:

The knowledge that I already had four pack in the house already was enough to give me the resolve to resist temptation.

Didn't work in the pet food aisle though. I bought three tins of winalot and I don't even own a dog!:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Whilst we are on the topic of talking shite, it's interesting that you are now attacking the very people you have been defending for years.

I'll tell you what's happened here. You are left wing until these people start doing things to encroach on you personally and then you are as venomous towards them as the right wingers you despise.

Nice rant BTW. :lol:

I've never defended stupidity.

Particularly in relation to your posts.

Also, I've no idea why you believe that I am left wing. I've never voted for a lefty wing party in my life.

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Dear oh dear, it's because of STUPID people there are temporary shortages.

You're the guy who chooses to believe strangers posting on "social media", the very group you sneer at on a regular basis.

My goodness, you're having a night mare. 

Indeed.

An absolutely fabulous meltdown. All over bog rolls.:lol:

He doesn't know whether he's coming or going. Fantastic entertainment.:thumbsup

Edited by FTOF

Translated from Spanish.

Why is COVID-19 so dangerous? What determines the danger of an infectious agent is the combination of 3 factors: the vector of infection, morbidity and mortality. COVID-19 has a vector of contagion between 1.5 and 2.5, that is, 3 times higher than influenza. This means that its spread is geometric: 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256... but the worst thing is that, unlike the flu and SARS, which was the last coronavirus epidemic in 2003, it also spreads during the two weeks of incubation, before even having symptoms. As for morbidity and mortality, it is as follows. One thing must be clear: WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE INFECTED BY COVID-19 in the next three months (a traslation from spanish and refers to Spain). Now, out of every 1000 people, 900 will pass it asymptomatically, including children and young people. 100 will show symptoms. Of those 100, 80 will pass it as a very bad flu: dry cough, headache and muscle pain, that is, two or three weeks at home worse than a dog. Of the remaining 20, 15 will develop bilateral pneumonia with difficulty breathing, requiring hospital admission to administer bronchodilators, steroids and oxygen. The remaining 5 will develop a pulmonary fibrosis that will require immediate admission to the ICU on a ventilator. Of those 5, 3 will die. And the two who are saved will have sequelae that will possibly require a lung transplant. These are the figures that are currently being handled in the Western scientific community, since the data in China have been worse, but because their health is not as prepared. Seen like this it doesn't seem so serious, does it? The problem is that, unlike the flu, in which a part of the population is vaccinated and attacks progressively throughout 5 months of the year, this infection is a tsunami (See Italy). So we already have the data to do the math. Of the 40 million Spaniards, only 4 million will have symptoms. Of which 3,200,000 will have a bad flu at home. 600,000 will need hospital admission with oxygen. And 200,000 will need ICU. The problem is that in Spain there are, between the public and private health system, only 200,000 hospital beds and 3,800 ICU beds. Do you see the problem? The real problem is not the disease itself, even though it has a significant morbidity and mortality, but due to its epidemiological characteristics, it comes in a wave infecting a whole population that has no previous immunity in a matter of 2-3 months, COLLAPSING THE HEALTH SYSTEM...!! That means that when the hospital beds and ICU are full, we will have to apply what is known as War Medicine, that is, when for every bed that is left free there are 7 people waiting, the professionals will have to decide, who they will attend to and who they will send home, telling them that they will send a doctor and an oxygen cylinder, which will never arrive because they will also have run out. This decision will be made on the basis of age and general condition. In other words, the youngest will be chosen, who will have a better chance of surviving. This is without counting the other serious and urgent pathologies: heart attacks, strokes, traffic accidents, etc. all this without beds and without ICU. This looks like a science fiction film, but this is happening RIGHT NOW in northern Italy. A country that two weeks ago was like us now, let's not forget. Madrid's health system is already collapsed. They are telling the population that if they have symptoms they should not go to hospitals or health centres or call 112, but call 900 102 112. There are people who have been calling all morning and cannot get to the phone. It is expected that, at the rate it is spreading, the Spanish Health Service will collapse at the beginning of April. This is the situation. What to do then? Let's see, this is a lottery, it's hard to win, but the more ballots you buy, the more chances you have. Therefore, what you have to do is NOT BUY TICKETS. That is, during the next few weeks go out exclusively to work and buy at the supermarket when necessary. Do not eat out, do not go to any meeting of people, do not use public transport. It's only going to be a few weeks. You may be wondering: if we are all going to take it, why isolate ourselves so much? You will see that whether a person suffers from the disease asymptomatically, like the flu, or needs to be admitted to hospital, depends mainly on the age and immune status of the patient. But also on a concept called "viral load", that is, the amount of millions of viruses that have entered our body at the time of infection. The higher that viral load is, the more damage the virus can do to our lungs as our defenses organize and make the antibodies to defend themselves. Obviously it's not the same kissing a person with cov19 than touching a door handle with your hand where the virus have been resting for 3 hours and then touching your eyes. Viral load is important, that's why we need to keep social distance, avoid taking public transport, gatherings, etc during the following weeks.

Was due to fly out to Australia 26 March for our niece's wedding on 04 April, Australia's just imposed a 14 day self isolation period for overseas arrivals.

Brother-in-law turns 60 in December, Christmas in Oz it is then, I guess...

[emoji3525]

I've never defended stupidity.
Particularly in relation to your posts.
Also, I've no idea why you believe that I am left wing. I've never voted for a lefty wing party in my life.

If you don't agree with Oaky you're a lefty, simples really.

I was in my local ASDA (which I believe to be Oaksoft's local) earlier this morning to pick up a few things that we need. The vast majority of the shelves are fully stocked, the notable exceptions being bog rolls and analgesics. How in heaven's name can people manage to clear the shelves of Paracetamol when an individual can only buy 32 tablets or capsules at any one time?

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Looking like the over 70's will be asked to stay at home.......................FFS! :(

The latest is over 70's to self isolate for up to 4 months. :lol:

Think the Scottish Govt have said that won't be happening in Scotland !

37 minutes ago, billyg said:

Think the Scottish Govt have said that won't be happening in Scotland !

Looks like the Scottish government may be starting to take a different pathway from our overlords in London.

'

Not how we would do it'

Ms Freeman said that governments should be explaining these measures very clearly to the public through the media and should be doing it at the right time.

She criticised the UK government's approach to putting out public information, saying it was not helpful for newspapers to publish potential measures before the authorities had revealed them.

She said: "It is not how we would do it. Overnight briefing, background briefing, unattributed sources are not the way to ensure the public are understanding what we are trying to do.

"What we have done consists of the first minister holding press briefings as soon as decisions are made.

"I tell the parliament and then we have clinical voices such as Dr Catherine Calderwood and Prof Jason Leitch on programmes around the country answering questions and explaining what we are doing.

"We are doing this because we need people to trust the actions we are asking them to take."

She insisted that the "herd immunity" strategy was not one the Scottish government was following.

She said: "What we are doing is following the scientific advice. Many of the measures are due for decision making imminently in the coming days.

"Herd immunity is not what we are trying to do. We don't know enough about the virus.

"The policy is to protect the most vulnerable in the community and as far as possible ensure they do not get the virus, they do not become sick and as far as possible they do not die."

Guest TPAFKATS
Do you need to turn every thread into government bashing? [emoji107]
Sorry, I'm only asking where the prime minister is during what is an ever changing event that's became a global emergency, unprecedented in my lifetime.

If its government bashing you want how about the UK Health Secretary going on sky news to beg for ventilators?

Or the plan to pay private health millions per day to use their beds? No conflict of interest there with government ministers.

Or leaking plans to force elderly into quarantine for 4 months to Peston to tweet out last night?

Or Hancock tweeting folk to read what he called vital information that he wrote in a column for The Telegraph, which was then put behind a pay wall?

Just now, TPAFKATS said:

Sorry, I'm only asking where the prime minister is during what is an ever changing event that's became a global emergency, unprecedented in my lifetime.

If its government bashing you want how about the UK Health Secretary going on sky news to beg for ventilators?

Or the plan to pay private health millions per day to use their beds? No conflict of interest there with government ministers.

Or leaking plans to force elderly into quarantine for 4 months to Peston to tweet out last night?

Or Hancock tweeting folk to read what he called vital information that he wrote in a column for The Telegraph, which was then put behind a pay wall?

😴😴😴

Guest TPAFKATS
Run along, that chip on your shoulder must weigh a fecking ton. [emoji1784][emoji1784][emoji1784]
You're literally making no sense. You've responded to my post asking where the prime minister is by having a go at me.

So... Where is the prime minister?