Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I am in two minds about whether to comply with this stupid rule of wearing a mask.

Right now I am veering towards not wearing it and seeing what they do about it.

It will be interesting to see how many openly defy this. If it's more than a handful I think things could get tasty quite quickly.

Brilliant, as, you'll simply not get in, it'll leave more toilet rolls for the rest of us. :thumbs2

Brilliant, as, you'll simply not get in, it'll leave more toilet rolls for the rest of us. :thumbs2
This, you simply won't get past the now obligatory guy on the door. As for it getting "tasty" that's pure Phil Mitchell nonsense. Your sounding like a Follow Follow nutter now, what next a couple of butchers aprons in your Twitter profile.

Ireland admits they over inflated their virus death count by about 60%

Turns out their Covid death count was greater than than their excess death count 

Leo Varadkar:

“Interesting but not a surprise. In Ireland we counted all deaths, in all settings, suspected cases even when no lab test was done, and included people with underlying terminal illnesses who died with Covid but not of it.“

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2020/0703/1151127-virus-report/

Edited by Sue Denim

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

This, you simply won't get past the now obligatory guy on the door. As for it getting "tasty" that's pure Phil Mitchell nonsense. Your sounding like a Follow Follow nutter now, what next a couple of butchers aprons in your Twitter profile.

You’ll be okay. You can just whip out you’re wife’s police ID card and skip by them.

Just like the day you did this to skip the queue and shop at a time reserved for NHS staff.

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He's nowhere near that, he got a "How to Speak Scheme" book last Christmas, he's just getting into the swing of things. :lol:

His use of sweary words has increased tenfold this year. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I am in two minds about whether to comply with this stupid rule of wearing a mask.

Right now I am veering towards not wearing it and seeing what they do about it.

It will be interesting to see how many openly defy this. If it's more than a handful I think things could get tasty quite quickly.

What errant nonsense. 

With a 2.3% false positive rate and 0.04% prevalence in the community, if you get tested positive, the probability Is that you are actually negative 

In other words, we can ignore positive “cases” completely 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/gos-impact-of-false-positives-and-negatives-3-june-2020

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/2july2020

I know that @TPAFKATS won’t understand the maths. He gets his news from the “wall to wall coverage” on sky news after all.

@oaksoft brain will rattle but after him asking me to explain how compound interest works, it’s unlikely he’ll put his foot in it again. I can but hope though, I enjoy his comedy. 

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Newcastle at 8:30 this morning........................WTF?

It's not a surprise, every time ANYTHING has opened up, Ikea, McDonalds, clothes/shoe shops, the lunatics can't wait to buy whatever is on sale.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and outdoor

Just like B&Q. Weren't you there day 1?

Early adapters, early adopters. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

image.png.8bbfc1f23aaa0e64fdafd57985054c89.png

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Image may contain: people sitting, text that says "social distancing guidelines after pint No3 tomorrow."

That will be the reality of the situation.

There's not a chance that anyone will stick to social distancing on the road to pishedness.

I was watching the BBC this morning and they were in a pub that plays music and they've been told to keep the music low, as shouting spreads the virus more than when you're speaking.

Again, the reality is, music or not, the more people drink, generally the louder they get. You can just imagine someone with a few swallies in them being asked to "keep the noise down". Fortunately our resident foot stamping non-conformist won't be in the pub, otherwise things might get a bit "tasty". :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

That will be the reality of the situation.

There's not a chance that anyone will stick to social distancing on the road to pishedness.

I was watching the BBC this morning and they were in a pub that plays music and they've been told to keep the music low, as shouting spreads the virus more than when you're speaking.

Again, the reality is, music or not, the more people drink, generally the louder they get. You can just imagine someone with a few swallies in them being asked to "keep the noise down". Fortunately our resident foot stamping non-conformist won't be in the pub, otherwise things might get a bit "tasty". :rolleyes:

Another joke, how low is low? 

I'm sure I seen hairdressers were told to have no music for the same reason.

Don't these people know masks will catch all droplets? :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He's nowhere near that, he got a "How to Speak Scheme" book last Christmas, he's just getting into the swing of things. :lol:

His use of sweary words has increased tenfold this year. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that present by the way.

I had the choice of "things are going to get tasty" and "things are going to get gnarly".

I think I chose wisely.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Fortunately our resident foot stamping non-conformist won't be in the pub, otherwise things might get a bit "tasty". :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be seen dead in a pub. There would be people in there.

BTW it's very odd to be ridiculed for NOT being one of the sheeple. :lol:

On 7/2/2020 at 9:41 PM, faraway saint said:

That's the key problem with you.

You have no ability to think about anything and fail to understand people have a different point of view.

You don't debate anything, just pour scorn and hide behind the ignore function. :byebye

@FTOF has a different point of view, that's his prerogative and has stated it in a decent enough manner.

The fact it's a load of shite is irrelevant. :lol:

Don't be mistaken here about @FTOF.

He's seeking out "evidence" which backs his view and ignoring everything else. It's blatant confirmation bias. I did enjoy his nonsense about how a scientific report from 3 months ago on face masks was "out of date".  :lol:

In this regard he is just as bad as Andy.

FTOF isn't really offering any personal opinions. He's hiding behind the opinions of others and parroting their view. If you disagree with him, his killer argument is "well you must be disagreeing with all these other experts".
It's intellectual cowardice.

You and Andy might talk utter shite but in fairness at least the pair of you are prepared to have your own opinions and are prepared to be attacked on them.

I would rather express my own opinion and be ridiculed for it than be a sheep merely bleating out the words of others.

Edited by oaksoft

On 2/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, them Chinese are now physically grabbing people, bundling them into vans and carting them away to god knows where.

Massive over reaction.

Just a reminder of the first post in this thread. Shull answered.. The hospital. (Not B&Q)