Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

WE did prepare for the worst, and the worst never really touched the sides.

Their are bigger worries to come, that's for sure, with the disregard for existing illness's over the last 4 or 5 months.  

40,000+ dead, I'd say that 's touching the sides. 50% more deaths than the 5 year average, again more than touching the sides. 

existing illness were not disregareded. but new illness may have gone undetected. 

9 minutes ago, insaintee said:

40,000+ dead, I'd say that 's touching the sides. 50% more deaths than the 5 year average, again more than touching the sides. 

existing illness were not disregareded. but new illness may have gone undetected. 

I meant we didn't reach this critical overloading that we had prepared for.

I'm certainly not blaming any government for what turned out to be over preparing, it's been a unique situation.

The NHS coped, and it's not been easy but, IMO, we are well past the worst so let's get back to treating people who have been sidelined for months, if they are still alive. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I meant we didn't reach this critical overloading that we had prepared for.

I'm certainly not blaming any government for what turned out to be over preparing, it's been a unique situation.

The NHS coped, and it's not been easy but, IMO, we are well past the worst so let's get back to treating people who have been sidelined for months, if they are still alive. 

You don't think perhaps we coped because of the measures we put in place 

19 minutes ago, insaintee said:

You don't think perhaps we coped because of the measures we put in place 

You covered it in your first three words. The Gov on both sides of the border clearly made mistakes early on but one they didn't make was on ensuring that hospitals had the physical capacity to cope with predicted peaks. 

At this particular stage, for me, the government north of the border has better plans which are also more clearly communicated. My wife is in the shielding category but, despite missing her coffees and lunches out, is in no great hurry to rush out. 

I guess 12 to 16 weeks isn't long compared to 8 years she spent bedbound after a virus in the early 80's. Steady does it going forward. 

Guest TPAFKATS
You are right there is a lot of rivalry between those two Australian states but possibly , quite possibly , not quite the same as pilchards pathological , deep seated , hatred of our neighbours down in Englands green and pleasant land . .
Try taking yer pilchard beer goggles aff for a minute .
Batshit crazy and doesn't actually address the point. Unless you are seriously suggesting the border between 2 Australian states has been closed for the first time over 120 years because of rivalry.

Oh I see you got a like from the arbroath NHS expert.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
4 hours ago, insaintee said:
Well, I would disagree. with that. 

It's OK, he's just posting soundbites and gibberish. He's got nothing to back up that statement.

Unlike you I have real experience Mr Google, so do yourself a favour and stop posting your usual garbage. :byebye

It amuses me when I get up, look around the forum and the fool from Stirling has went back to his hilarious posting of pointless pictures.

He's still, overall, only talking to himself,

He's dumb and dumber all on his own. 

Anyhow, shopping today in Dundee, mask ready to be used, as pointless as I feel it is. 

Edited by faraway saint

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Batshit crazy and doesn't actually address the point. Unless you are seriously suggesting the border between 2 Australian states has been closed for the first time over 120 years because of rivalry.

Oh I see you got a like from the arbroath NHS expert.

I see you're desperation for attention continues, mentioning people you have on ignore as much as possible.

Why do you have to be an "expert" to discuss the NHS? 

I'm assuming because you Google everything that makes you an "expert"? :byebye

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It amuses me when I get up, look around the forum and the fool from Stirling has went back to his hilarious posting of pointless pictures.

He's still, overall, only talking to himself,

He's dumb and dumber all on his own. 

Anyhow, shopping today in Dundee, mask ready to be used, as pointless as I feel it is. 

Pointless you certainly are. Not an original thought in your head. 

Wife ask me to get her a paper this morning.

So along to the garage to get 1, and on the way back, i realise i had forgotten to have a mask on.

Guy serving must have forgotten to put his on as well    😷

Assuming staff working in shops are to wear them the same as the public.  

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So along to the garage to get 1, and on the way back, i realise i had forgotten to have a mask on.

Shame on you Tam. 😜

We've just stopped at the bakers, staff not wearing a mask, every member of the public is.

Seems strange staff not complying?

Apologies, there was a screen in the shop. 

Edited by faraway saint

53 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Staff don’t have to wear masks.

Beats me why I have to wear one but if I go to the pub next week I can sit in an enclosed space for hours swapping germs.

31 minutes ago, HSS said:

Staff don’t have to wear masks.

Beats me why I have to wear one but if I go to the pub next week I can sit in an enclosed space for hours swapping germs.

It is strongly recommended that staff wear face coverings even when 2m physical distancing is applied. However, there is an exemption for staff where 2m physical distancing or Perspex screens are in place

21 minutes ago, antrin said:

The July update of the Swiss Doctor overview of facts, figures and filosophies of this pandemic is now available.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

some surprising(to me) assertions, there...

I didn't see any references to peer reviewed research.

That's usually the first sign of a quack.