Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

EC645C8D-2424-4F0D-914E-3CCABC0EE730.jpeg

So what you are saying is despite Sweden and Finland having significantly less dense populations & Sweden having far more one dwelling households and far less multi-generational households, the death rate is still roughly the same as other countries that did lock-down. You again validate your earlier views were wrong and they shamefully made a decision that has caused many more unnecessary deaths. 

Also looking like they didn't achieve the economy goals after all. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/sweden-s-grim-covid-19-result-more-death-and-nearly-equal-economic-damage-1.4300102

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/business/sweden-economy-coronavirus.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sweden-didnt-impose-a-lockdown-its-economy-is-just-as-bad-as-its-neighbors-who-did-2020-06-25

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

No sign of a second wave, disappointing as this may be to the virtue signalling gang

70FF35B0-47E4-49D3-8084-E3A1F0D73034.jpeg

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, people have been talking about this for over 2 months. 

A few small localised increases in cases, that's it. 

The running theme throughout this crisis has been both of you jumping the gun & being shown to be wrong.

We can only hope a second wave doesn't come and be glad the decision makers didn't have Andy's view there should have been absolutely no lock-down or we'd probably have been a Brazil or USA right now (possibly even worse given we were hit faster).  Specifically a lot of credit should go to the way the Scottish government have handled this and learned lessons after a slow start.

Gradual reopening and cautious steps forward are the only real option. We open too fast or get complacent with falling cases, the virus will bounce back. There are many examples of the virus going bush because of bad practice in other countries such as Brazil, USA, Australia, Israel, Iran, Saudi. Unfortunately for Andy practically all of them blow his winter flu theory out the water. 

Will the UK get a second wave? Will England? Will that impact Scotland & Wales? Will we continue to make progress and get back as close as we can to normality? Time will tell but you don't know the answer just because it hasn't happened in "2 months" 

The stupidity of some people knows no bounds. Seems that natural selection isn't a hoax either.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/alabama-coronavirus-parties-trnd/index.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-texas-man-dies-covid-party-hoax-a9614231.html

Seems there's growing evidence that the number of Covid infected individuals with younger age groups is on the increase in the USA.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/06/dr-anthony-fauci-says-the-average-age-of-us-coronavirus-patients-has-dropped-by-15-years-as-sun-belt-states-gets-hit.html

Edited by FTOF

44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Bazil having a meltdown. 😂😂😂

Over half a million people have died, the coronavirus pandemic is an emotive issue, surely you agree with that?

I was simply pointing out my hope there isn't a second wave but that concluding there definitely won't be seems very premature. From the very first post you've been wrong on this pandemic. Credit where it is due, you've addressed you've been wrong at times unlike Andy who has doubled down. Do you not feel it could be a lesson learned for you not to jump the gun on topics and say there won't be a second wave just because it hasn't happened for two months? 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Over half a million people have died, the coronavirus pandemic is an emotive issue, surely you agree with that?

I was simply pointing out my hope there isn't a second wave but that concluding there definitely won't be seems very premature. From the very first post you've been wrong on this pandemic. Credit where it is due, you've addressed you've been wrong at times unlike Andy who has doubled down. Do you not feel it could be a lesson learned for you not to jump the gun on topics and say there won't be a second wave just because it hasn't happened for two months? 

Where did I say, exactly, there would be no second wave? 

I simply, for the benefit of clarity, said knicker wetters have been screaming about a second wave for over 2 months.

Also, where was I wrong in my first post on this thread? 

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Hard to have a second wave when the first one hasn't ended.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

The stupidity of some people knows no bounds. Seems that natural selection isn't a hoax either.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/alabama-coronavirus-parties-trnd/index.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-texas-man-dies-covid-party-hoax-a9614231.html

Seems there's growing evidence that the number of Covid infected individuals with younger age groups is on the increase in the USA.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/06/dr-anthony-fauci-says-the-average-age-of-us-coronavirus-patients-has-dropped-by-15-years-as-sun-belt-states-gets-hit.html

I wonder why...... Mm

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

So what you are saying is despite Sweden and Finland having significantly less dense populations & Sweden having far more one dwelling households and far less multi-generational households, the death rate is still roughly the same as other countries that did lock-down. You again validate your earlier views were wrong and they shamefully made a decision that has caused many more unnecessary deaths. 

Also looking like they didn't achieve the economy goals after all. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/sweden-s-grim-covid-19-result-more-death-and-nearly-equal-economic-damage-1.4300102

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/business/sweden-economy-coronavirus.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sweden-didnt-impose-a-lockdown-its-economy-is-just-as-bad-as-its-neighbors-who-did-2020-06-25

Sweden (one of my favourite countries) made an arse of it. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Where did I say, exactly, there would be no second wave? 

I simply, for the benefit of clarity, said knicker wetters have been screaming about a second wave for over 2 months.

Also, where was I wrong in my first post on this thread? 

Semantics. Your comment "Indeed, people have been talking about this for over 2 months."  doesn't add anything to if there will and if there wont. People being concerned about a second wave doesn't just evaporate because two months has passed. There's a very real possibility of it, it isn't "knicker wetting"

"massive overreaction" in China (it wasn't) 

It then continued with such comments as 

"what a fuss about the flu"

"Hysteria"

"Mass hysteria, Nice way to get two weeks off work"

and that was only about halfway down page one when I stopped. :whistle

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Semantics. Your comment "Indeed, people have been talking about this for over 2 months."  doesn't add anything to if there will and if there wont. People being concerned about a second wave doesn't just evaporate because two months has passed. There's a very real possibility of it, it isn't "knicker wetting"

"massive overreaction" in China (it wasn't) 

It then continued with such comments as 

"what a fuss about the flu"

"Hysteria"

"Mass hysteria, Nice way to get two weeks off work"

and that was only about halfway down page one when I stopped. :whistle

So I didn't say anything about there being no second wave, thanks. 

The over reaction in my first post was people being manhandled into unmarked vehicles. Would you see that as acceptable in this country? 

Yes, flu was very similar in symptoms, I called that right as well. 

Hysteria has been evident from the media since day one, followed by certain knicker wetters line you.

Thanks for proving me right, much appreciated. 👍

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So I didn't say anything about there being no second wave, thanks. 

The over reaction in my first post was people being manhandled into unmarked vehicles. Would you see that as acceptable in this country? 

Yes, flu was very similar in symptoms, I called that right as well. 

Hysteria has been evident from the media since day one, followed by certain knicker wetters line you.

Thanks for proving me right, much appreciated. 👍

My comment was directly against what you said, certainly seems that's your view but if you're confirming it's not, great. Maybe you are learning from mistakes. 

You shared the story that linked to it, it wasn't an overreaction compared to what was happening at that time. 

I gave you too much credit, you've been wrong & played down the severity throughout this pandemic but it turns out I was wrong in thinking you were big enough to learn from your mistakes. Some of your posts have highlighted that you may have been accepting you had been wrong but turns out that's not the case. 

"Killer, aye it is right enough.....................enough to cause the current hysteria, away and bile yer heid"

Edited by bazil85

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

My comment was directly against what you said, certainly seems that's your view but if you're confirming it's not, great. Maybe you are learning from mistakes. 

You shared the story that linked to it, it wasn't an overreaction compared to what was happening at that time. 

I gave you too much credit, you've been wrong & played down the severity throughout this pandemic but it turns out I was wrong in thinking you were big enough to learn from your mistakes. Some of your posts have highlighted that you may have been accepting you had been wrong but turns out that's not the case. 

"Killer, aye it is right enough.....................enough to cause the current hysteria, away and bile yer heid"

^^^^ Almost in tears. 😂😂😂

As if I care if you give me credit. 🤡

Hysteria, could be your middle name. 👋

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^ Almost in tears. 😂😂😂

As if I care if you give me credit. 🤡

Hysteria, could be your middle name. 👋

Don't need to care, my fault for giving you too much credit.

You made mistake after mistake, you underplayed the severity for weeks. It came back to bite you and it seems like you're putting yourself in a similar position by thinking anyone that's concerned about a second wave is a "knicker wetter" 

No doubt if there is a second wave the semantics will come back out to protect your precious pride.