Coronavirus

faraway saint

Seems The C'apn was right all along, the Virus is a myth and it's all down to maniacal bus drivers.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/why-no-one-can-ever-recover-from-covid-19-in-england-a-statistical-anomaly/

PHE data also confirm that more than 125 000 patients have been admitted to NHS hospitals for COVID, the majority being successfully treated and discharged. There are now less than 1900 patients in hospital.  So, roughly 80 000 recovered patients in the community will continue being monitored by PHE for the daily death statistics. More and more people (who are mainly in the older age group) are being discharged to the community, but they clearly may die of other illnesses.

This is why ‘out of hospital setting’ deaths remain constantly high (Figure 1), even though the Office of National Statistics data shows there have been fewer deaths than the five year average in the last three weeks, and NHS England data shows a moving average of 19 deaths per day in hospital.

It’s time to fix this statistical flaw that leads to an over-exaggeration of COVID-associated deaths. One reasonable approach would be to define community COVID-related deaths as those that occurred within 21 days of a COVID positive test result.

In summary, PHE’s definition of the daily death figures means that everyone who has ever had COVID at any time must die with COVID too. So, the COVID death toll in Britain up to July 2020 will eventually exceed 290k, if the follow-up of every test-positive patient is of long enough duration.

By this PHE definition, no one with COVID in England is allowed to ever recover from their illness. A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a COVID death even if they had a heart attack or were run over by a bus three months later.

Disclaimer the article has not been peer-reviewed; it should not replace individual clinical judgement, and the sources cited should be checked. The views expressed in this commentary represent the views of the authors and not necessarily those of the host institution, the NHS, the NIHR, or the Department of Health and Social Care. The views are not a substitute

Edited by Bud the Baker

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^ Arse licker. :lol:

He's been plumbing a few depths over the last week or so to get likes from somebody.....anybody.

If I get to his age and start behaving like that, I hope I have the decency to walk off into the hills on a one way trip.

Guest TPAFKATS
He's been plumbing a few depths over the last week or so to get likes from somebody.....anybody.
If I get to his age and start behaving like that, I hope I have the decency to walk off into the hills on a one way trip.
Yet another classless post. You're on a roll this week.

After my shocking revelation yesterday on how COVID deaths were being counted, the Government has announced that the daily fatality figure will be suspended until the issue with PHE is resolved

What a shambles

And, as always, I’m correct, yet again.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/why-no-one-can-ever-recover-from-covid-19-in-england-a-statistical-anomaly/

The newspaper that backed the confederate south and slavery in the American civil war says that patients in England face record waits for surgery and cancer care

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jul/09/nhs-patients-in-england-face-longest-ever-wait-for-surgery-and-cancer-care

Edited by Sue Denim

On 3/16/2020 at 11:30 PM, oaksoft said:

What on earth would you know about being the brightest guy in any room? :lol:

Branson is not someone you want to be using as an example of an ethical or successful businessman. There's a reason why someone like that surrounds themselves with clever people. He's not smart enough to have done any of it himself. His talent is charisma and he uses it to prise money out of the hands of investors and to entice good people to work for him. Without either, he'd be just another dreamer.

Clearly a lot more than you. Again your limitations are exposed. I already said that he would not be my favourite. But.. He comes a cross well in the media, works the levers of capitalism well and has made a considerable fortune. Rightly or wrongly, he attributes his success to being good at choosing those he works with. As is your want you interpret the "smarter/cleverer/ brighter than you" part to mean only one thing.. IQ. Whilst still valid on that basis alone, there are many other intelligences. In short.. Your limitations are showing again. He on the other hand is talking a language you fail to understand. 

On 5/11/2020 at 2:12 PM, oaksoft said:

I think the Tories are going to be in power for many, many years to come.

This will die down and after months and months of nothing but covid in the news, people will be sick and tired of it.

Then it will be on to Brexit and covid will be forgotten about.

If Labour DO get in, they'll be blamed for any economic problems and they'll be back out for another generation.

Starmer has a difficult job here.

No shit Sherlock. Wow. Amazing analysis there. 

2 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

People who think that lockdowns and masks can stop seasonal respiratory viruses remind me of King Canute’s courtiers, eh @bazil? 😂

• People that can't understand that there is correlation between lock-down measures and suppression of the virus
  • People that can't understand other factors like population density and multi-generational households, that believe all countries can be compared identically to theirs (unless the other country shows lock-down working of course)
  • Several countries and areas at different seasonal cycles have been hit at varying degrees, often linked to poor/ absent lock-down measures
  • That they are by no means more qualified than the near universal advice from experts regarding lock-down and other measures 

Reminds me of young earth creationists, "we literally know evolution based on testable evidence" "Na I hold this view and I'm too stubborn to let evidence change it" 🤣

15 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

You might want to try coming into present time yourself and using your own mind . . ........................................................................................................................................

Oh aye , and check the definition of , the narrative , because you simply haven't grasped what the liberal , lefty , marxist , losing agenda is :nerdy

Did you notice that the CCP Huwawei got the kibosh

I don't agree that the left-wing agenda is losing, after all in response to the current economic situation all government's have adopted Keynsian expansion packages (even the current Tory government are making a dishonest & half-hearted attempt), the statues celebrating racism will not go back up. We'll see where we are when we exit the Covid tunnel but even if I am to be on the losing side I'd rather be fighting on it than be a hateful reactionary who can't even bring himself to use our First Minister's name...:spud5

As for Huawei (sp) the UK is only canning them on US instructions (I'm smelling the chlorinated chicken already  :spud2) so it's hardly a triumph for UK independence and with Brexit, the ongoing pandemic, possibly a different POTUS in 4 months and the economy in China already back on the up unlike the US you're counting your chickens before the eggs have even been laid.  🐓

6 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

People who think that lockdowns and masks can stop seasonal respiratory viruses remind me of King Canute’s courtiers, eh @bazil85 ? 😂

Has anyone ever used the word "stop" in this context?

Everyone I've seen commentating on the matter have stressssssssssed that face coverings are use to "mitigate" the spread.

I'm no fan of air travel C'apn but I'd contribute to a one-way ticket to Florida for you!

Edited by Bud the Baker