Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 minute ago, antrin said:

We go online a bit more and annoy people.

(I hope!  :)  )

I would be - but Bloody Scotland/Sturg disnae want rich overseas tourists yet.... :(

Doesn't matter as Boris is creating a state within a state inside the M25 orbital for all you metropolitan sophisticates!

Boris Johnson is considering a fresh raft of lockdown measures in England including restricting travel beyond the M25, as the Prime Minister scrambles to contain a spike in infections across the country.

Enjoy yer keenwah! 

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

Doesn't matter as Boris is creating a state within a state inside the M25 orbital for all you metropolitan sophisticates!

An Independent London, rid of the financial brakes and shackles of the other regions!?

FREEDOOOOMMMMMM!!!!! 

A study, conducted by researchers at Johns Hopkins University and published in the Lancet medical journal, said that hunger stemming from coronavirus restrictions is causing the deaths of 10,000 children per month and stunting the growth of another 550,000 per month.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/study-coronavirus-restrictions-killing-10-000-children-per-month-and-wasting-and-stunting-millions-more

Edited by Sue Denim

I currently have a virus.  Not the popular topical one.  

(Still... not pleasant.  :(  )

I've had cause to go through my local A+E twice in the past month, being processed via the usual triage services.

They ask me if I want a mask - I don't like to hurt their feelings so I take one. (Once I omitted to put it on - no one got excited.)

Most practitioners, nurses, staff, porters do wear masks as they're face to face with potentially a whole shoal of communicable sicknesses in their daily routine.  Sensible....

But what struck me was that not one of the several doctors I saw working in that part of the hospital ever wore a mask.

MD (Medical Doctor) in Monday's Private Eye had a few words about mask-wearing to start his currently regular page on CV19.  I'll try to foto that and post here.

Scientists are yet to find a single confirmed case of a teacher catching coronavirus from a pupil anywhere in the world, a leading epidemiologist has said.

Professor Woolhouse, a member of the UK government’s scientific advisory group, Sage, said that in hindsight closing schools in March was probably a mistake, 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/school-closures-a-mistake-as-no-teachers-infected-in-classroom-gpppq8r7k

I’m not an epidemiologist but even I knew it was a mistake back in March

Guest TPAFKATS
Here...
IMG_20200802_214107151.thumb.jpg.9f0e4c30e48e2b9fd519cbce5905ba02.jpg
Yeah, nothing is conclusive on use of mask to stop spread. It might just be of benefit though.
Still waiting to hear from any of the anti maskers what harm is caused by wearing one.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yeah, nothing is conclusive on use of mask to stop spread. It might just be of benefit though.
Still waiting to hear from any of the anti maskers what harm is caused by wearing one.

Your post should have stopped right there.

The rest is pure guesswork backed up by no peer reviewed science.

Edited by oaksoft

9 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Wearing purple underpants outside of your trousers may equally well be of benefit, I think someone suggested...

What harm can be caused by the govt mandating that we must all don said apparel?

(Apart from making this govt and its followers look even more stupid than they do already?)

And just another tiny reason why I don't think Trump is really a good president of the US...

His country is a mere 4% of world’s population it now has 23% of #coronavirus deaths.

Him ignoring the appalling reality of those figures and pointing at the rest of the world's data, whilst saying that US is doing just fine, is being as far from Presidential as I can imagine.

And just another tiny reason why I don't think Trump is really a good president of the US...
His country is a mere 4% of world’s population it now has 23% of #coronavirus deaths.
Him ignoring the appalling reality of those figures and pointing at the rest of the world's data, whilst saying that US is doing just fine, is being as far from Presidential as I can imagine.

You have your views on Mr Trump chap, I have mine and we’ll probably disagree on lots of topics.
However, I don’t honestly believe that the amount of deaths attributed to COVID were actually due to ......... COVID. That’s just not in the USA, but even in the UK.
From what I’ve read (again I can’t confirm the validity) that certain NY hospitals we’re getting up to $50k for each COVID toe tag for insurance claims and were encouraged to do so.
I watched an interview on Sky a couple of weeks ago where some chap told Adam Bolton that the UK figures could be out by 25% (that’s 25% less) The guy stated that if you had COVID back in March, made a full recovery and got killed by a bus in May........ it was COVID that killed you.
Lots of conflicting information out there.

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

And what if it *might* just increase the risk of infection?

If we don’t know either way and any positive effect is likely to be negligible  then what’s the point? Particularly as the numbers infected are so tiny and we don’t even know the main mechanism of transmission. 

Wearing a hazmat suit might just be of benefit too so why don’t we start wearing them then if that’s the logic?

Here’s evidence in a randomised controlled study in the BMJ which concludes 

This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. 

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

Your support of masks is driven more by your need to feel virtuous and your inherent fascist desire to have control over the thoughts of others. You’d have been in your element as a member of the Kmer Rouge.

Edited by Sue Denim

Am starting to swing towards the sceptic's on this covid pandemic,

I read a article last night in a medical journal from a Dr K. Nasher from Dundee University, he claimed it's all a big conspiracy and all goverments of the world have been infiltrated by aliens. who are now making their move to take over the planet,  he tell's you the real reason behind the instalation of 5G mast's. :o 

Will look for it and post it, you can make your own mind up.  

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Mask wearing doesn't impact the vast majority of people & exclusions are in place. The argument for not wearing a mask should be stopped right there. 

Here’s the view on masks from the Deputy Chief Medical Officer for England.

Dr. Jenny Harries, England's deputy chief medical officer, has warned that it was not a good idea for the public to wear facemasks as the virus can get trapped in the material and causes infection when the wearer breathes in.

"For the average member of the public walking down a street, it is not a good idea," Dr. Harries said.

Further, she added that behavioral issues could adversely put themselves at more risk of getting the infection. For instance, people go out and don't wash their hands, they touch parts of the mask or their face, and they get infected.

Guest TPAFKATS
Wearing purple underpants outside of your trousers may equally well be of benefit, I think someone suggested...
What harm can be caused by the govt mandating that we must all don said apparel?

(Apart from making this govt and its followers look even more stupid than they do already?)
Still waiting...

Guest TPAFKATS
He's also been actively against the wearing of masks throughout this period and encouraged others not to wear a mask until the last week or so.
His sudden change f view probably has more to do with his polling stats than anything else.

Of course thus is just my opinion, I don't have a peer reviewed scientific study to back this up...

Can any masks fascists point to any randomised controlled studies that show that the type of masks worn by the pubic stops transmission of Covid?

Still waiting......

SARS-CoV-2.

• Cloth masks will be ineffective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as personal protective equipment (PPE).

Self-contamination through repeated use and improper doffing is possible. A contaminated cloth mask may transfer pathogen from the mask to the bare hands of the wearer.

Known patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 wore masks and coughed into a Petrie dish. “Both surgical and cotton masks seem to be ineffective in preventing the dissemination of SARS–CoV-2 from the coughs of patients with COVID-19 to the environment and external mask surface.”

From the WHO:

As described above, the wide use of masks by healthy people in the community setting is not supported by current evidence and carries uncertainties and critical risks.”

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

If there is no evidence that masks work, any likely benefit is marginal, prevalence of the virus is negligible and there is a possibly that they might increase infection, what is the point?

2 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

However, I don’t honestly believe that the amount of deaths attributed to COVID were actually due to ......... COVID. That’s just not in the USA, but even in the UK.

we agree on that, but the most powerful and richest nation on the planet is being killed off disproportionately compared with all others.  That is down to leadership of the government’s reaction.

From what I’ve read (again I can’t confirm the validity) that certain NY hospitals we’re getting up to $50k for each COVID toe tag for insurance claims and were encouraged to do so.

if you read from the same sources that the sin-binned cabbie continually posted, probably aliens were attaching the toe tags. Liberal, false news aliens.

I watched an interview on Sky a couple of weeks ago where some chap told Adam Bolton that the UK figures could be out by 25% (that’s 25% less) The guy stated that if you had COVID back in March, made a full recovery and got killed by a bus in May........ it was COVID that killed you.

i can agree with the first sentence. Hae  mah doots aboot  the second.

Edit as.... when presented witH a reasonable source for this my doubts have dwindled.

Lots of conflicting information out there.  
which is healthy.  Check the sources.

Edited by antrin