Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

His interest in eating the rich was ironically sparked by a lyric written by a very rich person 

whatever keeps hi m woke.....😜😱

10 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

I’m one of the few questioning the main narrative 

@Bud the Baker Is one of the 99% who has unquestionably followed what the establishment has told him

he’ll be eating whatever the rich tell him to eat 😃

I’m sure Nic is very tasty 🤢 

.....and who would that "very rich person" be? :1eye  It's a phrase that goes back a bit. :spud5

You're kidding yourself if  C'apn if you think your ramblings are seriously questioning the main narrative.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I do believe BtB has previously expressed a culinary interest in the rich as a protein rich source of nutrition.

I wonder whether Nicola Sturgeon (who is undoubtedly rich) will be his starter, main course or pudding? :P

Me and Nicola did go on a date just prior to lockdown as it 'appens but when I metaphor lunch she wasn't on the menu.

I've said previously (& frequently) that NS is about 1% to the left of the Tories, she's not my poster girl, being marginally more competent than BJ is nowhere near enough to get her into my wank-bank although there is a spare place going at the moment as I've decided to kick Grace Slick out -  either of you want the vacancy?

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I've said previously (& frequently) that NS is about 1% to the left of the Tories, she's not my poster girl, being marginally more competent than BJ is nowhere near enough to get her into my wank-bank although there is a spare place going at the moment as I've decided to kick Grace Slick out -  either of you want the vacancy?

There's a spare place in your wankbank and you want to know if I'm interested in the vacancy?

I don't want to sound ungrateful but no thanks. 🤓😱

Dr David Cromie, NHS Lanarkshire consultant in public health, said: "There is evidence that mixing socially in the community, particularly around social gatherings in houses, without maintaining physical distancing measures can transmit the virus and is a factor in this investigation."

Would only be #thichasfcuk folk that don't adhere to the instructions that can save lives.

25 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Dr David Cromie, NHS Lanarkshire consultant in public health, said: "There is evidence that mixing socially in the community, particularly around social gatherings in houses, without maintaining physical distancing measures can transmit the virus and is a factor in this investigation."

Would only be #thichasfcuk folk that don't adhere to the instructions that can save lives.

Evidence, yes. Proof, no.

You don't beat Andy intellectually by engaging in the same games as him.

BTW, there's also a ton of evidence that lack of social distancing makes no difference. We've had months of crowded beaches, pubs, public transport etc with no significant increase in cases down South.

It's going to take years to sort out what has happened here. It isn't a moral issue so the "save lives" pish isn't helping anyone.

Edited by oaksoft

Evidence, yes. Proof, no.
You don't beat Andy intellectually by engaging in the same games as him.
BTW, there's also a ton of evidence that lack of social distancing makes no difference. We've had months of crowded beaches, pubs, public transport etc with no significant increase in cases down South.
It's going to take years to sort out what has happened here. It isn't a moral issue so the "save lives" pish isn't helping anyone.

Saving folks lives isn't playing games. We don't know who or how many folk have been infected, what we do know is Covid19 kills and as you haven't witnessed the grief of folk like I unfortunately have, consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

As for the evidence regarding the lack of social distancing, I thought you were more intelligent than that. I didn't think I'd have to explain that a virus that can be transmitted by exhaling via droplets can only travel a certain distance because of gravity.

Saving folks lives isn't playing games. We don't know who or how many folk have been infected, what we do know is Covid19 kills and as you haven't witnessed the grief of folk like I unfortunately have, consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

As for the evidence regarding the lack of social distancing, I thought you were more intelligent than that. I didn't think I'd have to explain that a virus that can be transmitted by exhaling via droplets can only travel a certain distance because of gravity.

But then they land on surfaces, survive for hours and then get touched by someone who hasn't been within miles of the person that exhaled them.

How many people have been infected by direct transmission and how many have been infected by indirect transmission? Answer - we don't know.

Surely he should have caveated that with "if there is someone at the gathering, or has been at the location recently, who could transmit the virus, directly or indirectly".

But then they land on surfaces, survive for hours and then get touched by someone who hasn't been within miles of the person that exhaled them.

How many people have been infected by direct transmission and how many have been infected by indirect transmission? Answer - we don't know.

You are absolutely correct, that is definitely not just a possibility but a reality of what is happening with some folk not wearing a face covering and infecting others when they didn't even know they were infected. [emoji40]

You are absolutely correct, that is definitely not just a possibility but a reality of what is happening with some folk not wearing a face covering and infecting others when they didn't even know they were infected. [emoji40]

Don't you mean potentially?

Surely he should have caveated that with "if there is someone at the gathering, or has been at the location recently, who could transmit the virus, directly or indirectly". 

The caveat would be an instance that could happen rather than the incident the Dr was referring to. [emoji8][emoji14][emoji10][emoji13] you get the idea now. [emoji6]

The caveat would be an instance that could happen rather than the incident the Dr was referring to. [emoji8][emoji14][emoji10][emoji13] you get the idea now. [emoji6]

Nope. If the gathering was held in an uncontaminated location with only uninfected people there who had no contaminated belongings with them, then there would be zero chance of the infection spreading at that gathering. Basically you can't spread what isn't there. Same applies to butter, if there is none, you can't spread it.

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

How fortunate I consider myself is totally irrelevant.

Don't concern yourself with your perception of how intelligent I may or may not be either.

You are making exactly the same mistake as Andy. You are presenting things as hard and indisputable fact when you have no business doing so. You are also trying to insinuate that because you have been directly affected by this that somehow your view is more valid than mine. I guess that's what happens when you get too emotionally involved.

slarti seems to be saying pretty much everything else I would want to say on this.

Edited by oaksoft

How fortunate I consider myself is totally irrelevant.
Don't concern yourself with your perception of how intelligent I may or may not be either.
You are making exactly the same mistake as Andy. You are presenting things as hard and indisputable fact when you have no business doing so. You are also trying to insinuate that because you have been directly affected by this that somehow your view is more valid than mine. I guess that's what happens when you get too emotionally involved.
slarti seems to be saying pretty much everything else I would want to say on this.

I'm almost sure there's no sane person will refute gravity. [emoji6]

3 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

As far as I can see, mask wearing apart, things are almost back to pre lockdown.

Most business's are back to normal, people are mixing as they used to and there's less and less "social distancing" (can't wait for that term to disappear) going on.

People who have been shielding will still, and rightly so, have concerns and should continue to be careful.

Even the news has shown less and less interest in the situation with exam results overtaking the virus.

2020 has been a year to remember. 

Gyms aren’t open in Scotland (but open everywhere else in Europe), you can’t go to the football, you can’t go on holiday to Spain, millions are losing their jobs and thousands are dying because they can’t or couldn’t get healthcare.

Apart from that, yeh, all back to normal 

At least 37 patients were transferred from Scottish hospitals to care homes after testing positive for coronavirus.

Official figures previously revealed 1,431 untested patients were moved between 1 March and 21 April, before pre-discharge testing became mandatory.

Quarantining the fit and  healthy while killing the elderly and vulnerable.

The Scottish government’s lockdown policy has to go down as one of the most catastrophic in history.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-53797462

11 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

The majority of people don't go to a poncy gym....................tick.

Lots of people don't go to football..........................tick.

Lots of people don;t go to Spain on holiday........................tick.

Millions are also NOT losing their jobs.............................tick.

Thousands die every year........................tick.

You're not very good at this are you? :byebye

I do the first 3 so it’s obviously not normal for me you tool.

Millions ARE losing their jobs. Do you not read the news?

And thousands of people are dying because they can’t or couldn’t get the healthcare they would have got had we not all been “protecting the NHS”.

I’m the master at this and I look down upon you from high 😄🖕