Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Pops head round corner...
Same "experts" spouting same shite.
Retreats and leaves thread well alone.

I don't see anyone claiming to be an expert. Simply offering different opinions. If anything, it's you who seems to think you know better by ridiculing EVERY viewpoint. I'm sure you must have an opinion. Is it so far removed from all in this thread that you deem any other as the "same shite"?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
"Ridiculing every viewpoint"

Show me!

This thread goes beyond "opinions"!

It is a piss up the wall highest contest between people with entrenched opinions who will not yield or consider alternative viewpoints.

Look back four months... Same people saying exactly the same things.

Then, smart arse, show me my regular ridiculing! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Show me!

It is a piss up the wall highest contest between people with entrenched opinions who will not yield or consider alternative viewpoints.

Then, smart arse, show me my regular ridiculing! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

From my perspective, the thread has improved slightly. At least now people are validating their opinions in response to questions I ask, instead of claiming opinions as "fact", calling "pedantry" and refusing to engage in a proper debate/argument, while simultaneously claiming that they are. I wonder if that has anything to do with the ignore function? default_whistling.gif

On 9/6/2020 at 3:51 PM, BuddieinEK said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Show me!

Then, smart arse, show me my regular ridiculing! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

O.K. Here you go.

On 9/6/2020 at 3:24 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Pops head round corner...
Same "experts" spouting same shite.
Retreats and leaves thread well alone.

Edited by stlucifer

The Royal College of GPs defines the baseline threshold for normal seasonal activity in England as 30 to 200 GP consultations for influenza like illness per week per 100,000 population. 

An epidemic would be more than 200 consultations per week.

Herr Sturgeon is locking us down for breaching 20 “cases” per week.

These “cases” include false positives and asymptomatic cases (probably more than 90%). 

The Guardian reporting a man falling dead of Covid in the street in Wuhan in January.

Does anyone remember this happening in the U.K. or indeed anywhere else in the world?

No, me neither.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/31/a-man-lies-dead-in-the-street-the-image-that-captures-the-wuhan-coronavirus-crisis

Covid tests could be picking up dead virus from weeks ago.

Throw in the false positive rate with such low prevalence and we can see that testing is junk and a waste of time.

Coronavirus: Tests 'could be picking up dead virus'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54000629

The impact of false positives and low prevalence 

https://live.bmj.com/register/?int_source=wisepops&int_medium=wisepops&int_campaign=registration

Edited by Sue Denim

27 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Scotland massively overcounting the number of patients in hospital with Covid 

Yet another shambles 

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/is-scotland-overcounting-the-number-of-patients-in-hospital-beds/

yeah and at the end of the article, not saying its not correct but its an opinion nothing more

Disclaimer: the article has not been peer-reviewed; it should not replace individual clinical judgement, and the sources cited should be checked. The views expressed in this commentary represent the views of the authors and not necessarily those of the host institution, the NHS, the NIHR, or the Department of Health and Social Care. The views are not a substitute for professional medical advice.

23 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

yeah and at the end of the article, not saying its not correct but its an opinion nothing more

Disclaimer: the article has not been peer-reviewed; it should not replace individual clinical judgement, and the sources cited should be checked. The views expressed in this commentary represent the views of the authors and not necessarily those of the host institution, the NHS, the NIHR, or the Department of Health and Social Care. The views are not a substitute for professional medical advice.

This might be valid scepticism, if the Scottish Government hadn't themselves admitted they were counting anyone who had ever tested positive for Covid, regardless of whether they were still undergoing treatment for it. I believe they are going to use a new method soon, counting only those still under treatment.

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

I can’t meet friends in their house this weekend but I can meet them in the pub 😂

when will the casedemic end?

C420B8F2-8B4F-4C2C-9A91-9CC394346E6E.png

Poor taste. I don’t think we should be using images of mass murderer to make a cheap point. This type of imagery, although meant to be humorous, tends to diminish the pain and distress of millions of victims of the holocaust. Think on.