Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Agree with most of the post.

However I just think views like this are so contradictory from people that also believe further restrictions should be curbed (or existing ones even removed). UK has went from 7- 12 daily deaths on average to around 51-53 in a month. This despite multiple and deep impacting restrictions to our lives. Does that number stop increasing if we start to remove/ don't implement more restrictions? Of course not. 

If people are wanting more of a return to normality, you can kiss any kind of real contact with the vulnerable goodbye. That's part of the reason why so many scientists have been critical of this open letter floating about. 

As usual you just spew out your never changing view, ignoring the fact that I already put forward a possible solution to allow people to visit their elderly family that are in care homes.

People are looking at real solutions, none of that makes any sense to you.

As for so many scientists, is that more or less scientists that are in favour of proceeding with herd immunity for those that are willing and able to get on with life?

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Agree with most of the post.

However I just think views like this are so contradictory from people that also believe further restrictions should be curbed (or existing ones even removed). UK has went from 7- 12 daily deaths on average to around 51-53 in a month. This despite multiple and deep impacting restrictions to our lives. Does that number stop increasing if we start to remove/ don't implement more restrictions? Of course not. 

If people are wanting more of a return to normality, you can kiss any kind of real contact with the vulnerable goodbye. That's part of the reason why so many scientists have been critical of this open letter floating about. 

Oh, the cases, to add some perspective, are HIGHER (roughly 120% higher) than at any point from March and April yet the sad number of fatalities are 5% of the numbers we were getting at the worst point back in mid April. 

The restrictions are LESS than they were at that point yet some people want MORE restrictions? 

I'll say it again, the restrictions are NOT proportional to the outcomes, ask Sweden. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, the cases, to add some perspective, are HIGHER (roughly 120% higher) than at any point from March and April yet the sad number of fatalities are 5% of the numbers we were getting at the worst point back in mid April. 

The restrictions are LESS than they were at that point yet some people want MORE restrictions? 

I'll say it again, the restrictions are NOT proportional to the outcomes, ask Sweden. 

Proportionate, you ignorant oaf!

As usual you just spew out your never changing view, ignoring the fact that I already put forward a possible solution to allow people to visit their elderly family that are in care homes.

People are looking at real solutions, none of that makes any sense to you.

As for so many scientists, is that more or less scientists that are in favour of proceeding with herd immunity for those that are willing and able to get on with life?

The realty of the situation is cases are going up, deaths are going up and hospitalisations are going up in multiple parts of the world despite heavy restrictions. This might dent your ego but you haven't presented a working solution that would allow a reduction in a lot of the restrictions, curb the virus spreading and allow people to have more contact with vulnerable relatives. 

If you had that solution, you'd be front and centre of pretty much every news station on the planet. 

Regarding the scientific views, it isn't greatly surprising you'll get scientists on both sides but the concerns regarding the open letter have not been addressed. I imagine the scientists signing this letter will at least in part realise their views will kill more of the vulnerable. A lot on here see that as almost the "cost of doing business" There will be scientists with that view as well. 

The lockdown restrictions has allowed us to curb the virus greatly compared to what it would have been like had we not went into lockdown, there are very few that deny that now. What you seem incapable of understanding is despite still having a multitude of restrictions, hospitalisation and death rates are increasing at an alarming rate. Everyone knows reporting more cases is down to increased testing & contact tracing but the worrying stats are how quickly deaths & hospitalisations are going up. If you think that will miraculously stop if we start removing more restrictions, fine but it isn't supported by the statistics. What is supported is the 7 day average deaths in the UK yesterday was almost 700% what it was the same time last month. 

As for Sweden, comparisons have been debunked dozens of times on here. People can ignore the caveats regarding the UK vs Sweden all they want, it won't make them vanish. They can also ignore the blood on Sweden's hands by not having a lockdown. They very likely could have been comparable in deaths to Norway, Finland & Denmark, instead they have around 500% of the deaths total of those countries COMBINED. They chose economy over people's lives, the decision makers should be ashamed at themselves. 

Let's not forget you wrote off the severity of this pandemic early on with your "What a fuss about the flu" comment. Seems you're downplaying yet again. 

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The lockdown restrictions has allowed us to curb the virus greatly compared to what it would have been like had we not went into lockdown, there are very few that deny that now. What you seem incapable of understanding is despite still having a multitude of restrictions, hospitalisation and death rates are increasing at an alarming rate. Everyone knows reporting more cases is down to increased testing & contact tracing but the worrying stats are how quickly deaths & hospitalisations are going up. If you think that will miraculously stop if we start removing more restrictions, fine but it isn't supported by the statistics. What is supported is the 7 day average deaths in the UK yesterday was almost 700% what it was the same time last month. 

As for Sweden, comparisons have been debunked dozens of times on here. People can ignore the caveats regarding the UK vs Sweden all they want, it won't make them vanish. They can also ignore the blood on Sweden's hands by not having a lockdown. They very likely could have been comparable in deaths to Norway, Finland & Denmark, instead they have around 500% of the deaths total of those countries COMBINED. They chose economy over people's lives, the decision makers should be ashamed at themselves. 

Let's not forget you wrote off the severity of this pandemic early on with your "What a fuss about the flu" comment. Seems you're downplaying yet again. 

No they're not. :lol:

As for the rest...................................I'm done with trying to debate with a simpleton. :byebye

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No they're not. :lol:

As for the rest...................................I'm done with trying to debate with a simpleton. :byebye

But they are... In multiple countries globally as well as the UK.

That's fine, I have tried to explain where you haven't understood (or are being short-sighted) and instead of taking it on, you've lashed out. Oakster did similar after I easily challenged a number of his nonsense views ("all" restrictions would have been gone months ago if it was up to him lol) and put me on the ignore list. 

His upset is still clear though as he seems to reference me at any given opportunity. Wee lamb. 

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's taken you an awfully long time to realise Bazil is a total waste of time and energy. 😀

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

But they are... In multiple countries globally as well as the UK.

That's fine, I have tried to explain where you haven't understood (or are being short-sighted) and instead of taking it on, you've lashed out. Oakster did similar after I easily challenged a number of his nonsense views ("all" restrictions would have been gone months ago if it was up to him lol) and put me on the ignore list. 

His upset is still clear though as he seems to reference me at any given opportunity. Wee lamb. 

It seems the numbers are leveling out or dropping.....................but you go on looking at the worst countries, I don't need to play this game with you, you're really not up to it. 

image.png.da0c530c6810dd8577ceeb6fc05fb9d4.png

Edited by faraway saint

Sober October.

Sponsored by the Scottish Government.
Speak for yourself    :cheers
More bottles of buds in my house than Oaksoft has rolls of lavvy paper in his   :rolleyes:
You've taken that too far, Tommy, no-one's ever going to take you seriously if you keep claiming to have achieved the impossible...

[emoji846]

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It seems the numbers are leveling out or dropping.....................but you go on looking at the worst countries, I don't need to play this game with you, you're really not up to it. 

image.png.da0c530c6810dd8577ceeb6fc05fb9d4.png

Number of countries not all countries 🤷‍♂️ but if you don't think that graph is a concern, your view really is staggering. 

No you are right, we can just ignore the countries where death rates are on the rise (including our own), after all we totally over-hashed the concern last time :whistle

Some views on here honestly beggars belief.