Coronavirus

faraway saint

9 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Aye right cause alcohol makes you more likely to follow the advice ?

The advice is in place so we can get time at Xmas and you can drink as much as you want then, otherwise Xmas and New Year are OFF.

Maybe if society drunk a bit less alcohol we would all be in a better place ?

I'll make you a wee wager that the next 2 week 'circuit breaker' restrictions will be over Christmas/New Year ...

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

I have read that there been no positive test on Arran since the end of May, but the bars and restaurants still need to closed   :shockaroony

Which would be relevant if nobody was allowed to visit, I’m currently on a different island with a similar situation and like a huge number of residents on Arran probably don’t want visitors.  Imagine telling all the businesses who rely on visitors (hotels, B&B’s and self-catering accommodations) that its okay “we’ve shut the piers and borders so that no-one can visit but at least the pubs are open”. The other option may be to close down travel but that will impact on someone else.

I guess what I’m saying is that criticism is easy, solutions are harder to find.

4 hours ago, branniganm said:

I'll make you a wee wager that the next 2 week 'circuit breaker' restrictions will be over Christmas/New Year ...

Hmm.

I’m fully expecting circuit broken just around half term school holidays down here, because we have a cottage booked in Cornwall after schools were due back.  :angry:

a few tories have been leaking similar...

22 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Was watching BBC news this morning, the reporter was talking about Scotland taking the lead on saving lives and England following. I don't understand folk not appreciating one government is being proactive rather than another's reactive attitude in its citizens well being.

He actually said this? 😲

We'll being? 

I'm sure there's plenty will disagree on this piffle. 

Interesting that, in trying to justify further killing the hospitality industry, I heard 3 figures ranging from 20%, jumping to 26% then 30% of cases that had been traced to these establishments.

The first figure (20%) was from Jason Leitch, who I have admired throughout this for his straightforward, common sense explanations of the situation.

The other 2 figures magically appeared as the day progressed. 

IF these figures are to be believed where are the other 70 - 80% cases? 

Might be an idea looking at these areas? 

Edited by faraway saint

9 hours ago, WeeBud said:

Which would be relevant if nobody was allowed to visit, I’m currently on a different island with a similar situation and like a huge number of residents on Arran probably don’t want visitors.  Imagine telling all the businesses who rely on visitors (hotels, B&B’s and self-catering accommodations) that its okay “we’ve shut the piers and borders so that no-one can visit but at least the pubs are open”. The other option may be to close down travel but that will impact on someone else.

I guess what I’m saying is that criticism is easy, solutions are harder to find.

Maybe it should be the locals of that island that decide then, not 1 person. 

Why is it ok to allow a cafe to open but not a restaurant with no alcohol being sold.

I have only been in a few bars and a handful of restaurant since March, but i certainly felt safer in them than in any supermarket or shop that i have been in. 

15 hours ago, branniganm said:

The restrictions on alcohol potentially but the 6-2 rule will be relaxed. 

Too many people not following the advice. Its up to us ?

Edited by lenziebud

7 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

The restrictions on alcohol potentially but the 6-2 rule will be relaxed. 

Too many people not following the advice. Its up to us ?

THAT'S it in a nutshell.

If more people played by the rules, and while I think plenty of the restrictions are utter madness i comply, businesses would not be getting unfairly punished. 

From the BBC website.

"Several European countries register record spikes in new daily cases; bars are shut in four more French cities"

Very worrying times if the hospitalisations and deaths start to follow suit, I feel people should be considering what the "spikes" would look like without some or all of the current restrictions across the planet. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

From the BBC website.

"Several European countries register record spikes in new daily cases; bars are shut in four more French cities"

Very worrying times if the hospitalisations and deaths start to follow suit, I feel people should be considering what the "spikes" would look like without some or all of the current restrictions across the planet. 

From my website...................

"Several cities all over the world are not in lockdown, bars/restaurants are raking it in"

Isn't it strange. :1eye

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

You do understand that a functioning and successful economy underpins the existence of all the lives in this country?

Probably you don’t...  :(

There are plenty of resources globally to support people through an economic downturn linked to Covid19 and still protect lives. You probably don't understand that.