Coronavirus

faraway saint

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How many is this "not very many" and how do you know this?

Apart from road traffic accidents there's other ways people die, how many are added to the number to keep you happy? 

My prediction of people that have been diagnosed with Covid19 within four weeks then been knocked down and killed is between 0 and 1 since cases started rising again. I would be very surprised if it's any more than that. The reason I know it isn't "very many" is because it isn't national news, if "many" people a week in the Covid19 stats were down to being "knocked down" it would be covered by practically all national news outlets. We can also look at statistics from 2018 as a good parameter. An average of 4.88 people died per day on the road in the UK in 2018. I see you are taking a page out of the Sarti handbook on your pedantic responses. :whistle

There sure are but it is beyond doubt this sort of justification is straw clutching. I don't think for a second you genuinely think the 418 people that have been registered dead in the last three days and included in the Covid19 stats are largely coincidental. It's just because you like to be argumentative with me and others. 

That's why comments like this "Let's both agree to try, as hard as it is to not point and laugh, to leave him out if this as it's a complete waste of time."  will always just be a smokescreen. You love it really 🤣

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

My prediction of people that have been diagnosed with Covid19 within four weeks then been knocked down and killed is between 0 and 1 since cases started rising again. I would be very surprised if it's any more than that. The reason I know it isn't "very many" is because it isn't national news, if "many" people a week in the Covid19 stats were down to being "knocked down" it would be covered by practically all national news outlets. We can also look at statistics from 2018 as a good parameter. An average of 4.88 people died per day on the road in the UK in 2018. I see you are taking a page out of the Sarti handbook on your pedantic responses. :whistle

There sure are but it is beyond doubt this sort of justification is straw clutching. I don't think for a second you genuinely think the 418 people that have been registered dead in the last three days and included in the Covid19 stats are largely coincidental. It's just because you like to be argumentative with me and others. 

That's why comments like this "Let's both agree to try, as hard as it is to not point and laugh, to leave him out if this as it's a complete waste of time."  will always just be a smokescreen. You love it really 🤣

Why group 3 days together, oh I know, you LOVE the big numbers. :blink:

You are becoming the forum ghoul now that the previous political ghoul has, thankfully, disappeared.

I love what exactly?

The fact your a simpleton, yeah, maybe but I prefer my adults to have a modicum of common sense, that rules you out.

Isn't it strange how almost EVERYBODY that tries to debate with you ends up giving up?

My view on that is it's almost pointless, you have little ability in understanding anything more than a singular issue and will repeat till people drop you like a hot potato. :1eye

You actually love this type of response, gives you some sort of feeling of importance in your empty life. :byebye

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Any of our fellow furloughed ?

Come end of Oct there will be a new pandemic hitting us...…………..

But at least we have Brexit to look forward to:wacko:

For a change you're right on the money.

There has already been significant numbers, by the end of October that will become a tsunami.

Yet the government(s) seem to have no idea and a randomly picking on any business with no real chance things will get better.

That seems to suggest we are a long way away from any real improvement in this fecking mess for some time. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

For a change you're right on the money.

There has already been significant numbers, by the end of October that will become a tsunami.

Yet the government(s) seem to have no idea and a randomly picking on any business with no real chance things will get better.

That seems to suggest we are a long way away from any real improvement in this fecking mess for some time. 

I think I read somewhere that companies have given advance notice to the government that around 500,000 jobs are to be lost when furlough ends. That's just the companies who are chucking out enough staff to make it mandatory to make these announcements in advance. Furlough payments are the only thing keeping a lot of companies afloat right now.

This could end up being an absolute bloodbath.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why group 3 days together, oh I know, you LOVE the big numbers. :blink:

You are becoming the forum ghoul now that the previous political ghoul has, thankfully, disappeared.

I love what exactly?

The fact your a simpleton, yeah, maybe but I prefer my adults to have a modicum of common sense, that rules you out.

Isn't it strange how almost EVERYBODY that tries to debate with you ends up giving up?

My view on that is it's almost pointless, you have little ability in understanding anything more than a singular issue and will repeat till people drop you like a hot potato. :1eye

You actually love this type of response, gives you some sort of feeling of importance in your empty life. :byebye

They're the most recent and show an ever increasing trend, if you like, we can go further back and look at the undeniably clear rise in cases over the last few weeks. 🤷‍♂️

You jumped in on a an exchange between me and someone else, there is surely little doubt my point is fair, that coincidental accident related deaths can't account for  any sort of substantial cases in these figures. Yet you chose to take the stance against me, you do it often. I could be making a point that winter in Scotland is usually colder than summer & you'd still find a way to disagree with me 🤣

Arguing with me (and others). 

Lashing out won't change any of the above, sorry to disappoint. Are you saying there's no common sense in discounting accidental deaths for people that just so happen to have had a Covid19 diagnoses, as a reason for death stats exponentially increasing? 😅 Remember that's what your arguing with me on right now. Ridiculous. 

It's a very small number of people on here that would argue black is white when it comes to me. Them being very busy posters doesn't make it "everybody" I have pointed this out several times to you and others. You argue with lots of people on here, it isn't just me that thinks your posts are often a load of rubbish. Maybe it seems that way because I (self admittedly) argue my views more than most. 

If you want to make your point on accidental deaths, go right ahead. I don't think there is one but I'm open to my mind being changed on that. 

Again lashing out won't change the above. I have said many times I enjoy this aspect of argument on BAWA, maybe it's because of how miserable the other side are and how easy it is to point that out. :whistle

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

They're the most recent and show an ever increasing trend, if you like, we can go further back and look at the undeniably clear rise in cases over the last few weeks. 🤷‍♂️

You jumped in on a an exchange between me and someone else, there is surely little doubt my point is fair, that coincidental accident related deaths can't account for  any sort of substantial cases in these figures. Yet you chose to take the stance against me, you do it often. I could be making a point that winter in Scotland is usually colder than summer & you'd still find a way to disagree with me 🤣

Arguing with me (and others). 

Lashing out won't change any of the above, sorry to disappoint. Are you saying there's no common sense in discounting accidental deaths for people that just so happen to have had a Covid19 diagnoses, as a reason for death stats exponentially increasing? 😅 Remember that's what your arguing with me on right now. Ridiculous. 

It's a very small number of people on here that would argue black is white when it comes to me. Them being very busy posters doesn't make it "everybody" I have pointed this out several times to you and others. You argue with lots of people on here, it isn't just me that thinks your posts are often a load of rubbish. Maybe it seems that way because I (self admittedly) argue my views more than most. 

If you want to make your point on accidental deaths, go right ahead. I don't think there is one but I'm open to my mind being changed on that. 

Again lashing out won't change the above. I have said many times I enjoy this aspect of argument on BAWA, maybe it's because of how miserable the other side are and how easy it is to point that out. :whistle

I'd have thought a public forum was open to anyone caring to have some input? 

Have you asked these "others" or are you, as usual, trying to court favour, and failing miserably? :lol:

We've been here before, you ratio of acknowledged (liked) posts to the number posts is one of the worst on the forum , that's a fact.

Maybe it's because you're a very unlikeable type of simpleton? :byebye

PS As I said, you are a ghoul, loving the increase and have no respect for the people affected by this in any way. 

Tragic. 

Edited by faraway saint

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Have you asked these "others" or are you, as usual, trying to court favour, and failing miserably? :lol:

We've been here before, you ratio of acknowledged (liked) posts to the number posts is one of the worst on the forum , that's a fact.

And he's reeking with his jobby panties.

The Main Stream Media have him in absolute terror.

Typical sheep.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'd have thought a public forum was open to anyone caring to have some input? 

PS As I said, you are a ghoul, loving the increase and have no respect for the people affected by this in any way. 

Tragic. 

It absolutely is, my point was you'll still somehow take the opposite side of me despite how much of a stick on my view is. In this example, accidental death related to Covid19. Do you think anyone believes your view is actually, the numbers for accidental deaths will be substantial? :whistle

Why would I need to ask? It's painfully obvious, you enjoy arguing on here every bit as much as I do. The difference is you take it far more to heart, lash out at people with personal attacks and often end up binned.  

We have been here before, yes. You see that as some sort of important factor. Maybe one of your parameters for success in life? The reality is very few people care as much as you on who likes their posts. You also discount my (self admitted) nature to argue over relatively few subjects and many posts (hey we all use forums differently). That will obviously have an impact but you would never acknowledge it as it impacts your agenda. One of the angriest you've been on here was during the spell when St Ricky liked a bunch of my posts. You were raging it impacted your precious leaderboard 🤣

You're lashing out again, sorry if I have yet again upset you, maybe take your advise and stop messaging me if it gets you so angry? Oakster and Slarti seem to have something of a "12 step" program you could follow, I'm not sure of the final steps because they haven't made it that far but the first few seem to be 

1. Say you're going to stop engaging 

2. Put the person on ignore (make sure you announce it to the world) 

3. Still follow every response to him, often jumping in and brining up long dead arguments (where Slarti is)

4. Unblock poster and repeat step one (where Oakster is)

You're the one desperate to write off large numbers of the most elderly and vulnerable in society, not me. 

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It absolutely is, my point was you'll still somehow take the opposite side of me despite how much of a stick on my view is. In this example, accidental death related to Covid19. Do you think anyone believes your view is actually, the numbers for accidental deaths will be substantial? :whistle

Why would I need to ask? It's painfully obvious, you enjoy arguing on here every bit as much as I do. The difference is you take it far more to heart, lash out at people with personal attacks and often end up binned.  

We have been here before, yes. You see that as some sort of important factor. Maybe one of your parameters for success in life? The reality is very few people care as much as you on who likes their posts. You also discount my (self admitted) nature to argue over relatively few subjects and many posts (hey we all use forums differently). That will obviously have an impact but you would never acknowledge it as it impacts your agenda. One of the angriest you've been on here was during the spell when St Ricky liked a bunch of my posts. You were raging it impacted your precious leaderboard 🤣

You're lashing out again, sorry if I have yet again upset you, maybe take your advise and stop messaging me if it gets you so angry? Oakster and Slarti seem to have something of a "12 step" program you could follow, I'm not sure of the final steps because they haven't made it that far but the first few seem to be 

1. Say you're going to stop engaging 

2. Put the person on ignore (make sure you announce it to the world) 

3. Still follow every response to him, often jumping in and brining up long dead arguments (where Slarti is)

4. Unblock poster and repeat step one (where Oakster is)

You're the one desperate to write off large numbers of the most elderly and vulnerable in society, not me. 

I'd write you off in a second. 

The average cases are 3 times what they were back in April/May yet the deaths are still about 10% of the numbers at the same time.

We're getting close to the restrictions that were in place back in the early days with the deluge of redundancies to hit us soon.

What a fecking mess.

Remember China, NO cases or deaths since April, why is that since they, seemingly, are partial to plenty of people living under the one room.

They were even "blamed" for the rise in Italy. :lol:

New Zealand, average daily cases, ONE, ZERO daily death average.

I could go on, plenty countries are dealing with this yet the cocky British are still running around giving it "GIRUY" covid as cases rise. 

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The average cases are 3 times what they were back in April/May yet the deaths are still about 10% of the numbers at the same time.

We're getting close to the restrictions that were in place back in the early days with the deluge of redundancies to hit us soon.

What a fecking mess.

Remember China, NO cases or deaths since April, why is that since they, seemingly, are partial to plenty of people living under the one room.

They were even "blamed" for the rise in Italy. :lol:

New Zealand, average daily cases, ONE, ZERO daily death average.

I could go on, plenty countries are dealing with this yet the cocky British are still running around giving it "GIRUY" covid as cases rise. 

One of our sage SAGE advisors Chris Whitty recently gave the estimate below which if correct would be 4 or 5 times what we are currently experiencing...

“The number of cases reported in March was an underestimate of the total.

”So it's much more likely in March and April we were seeing 100,000 cases a day at certain times.”

We did our bit in the first lockdown but due to the lack of a decent test&trace system find ourselves at the forefront of the resurgence of the virus in Europe - we seem to be heading in the direction of "circuit-breaker" mini lockdowns with Wales already indicating they're going down that route, I don't see Nicola being outdone by any puny leek eater so I wouldn't be surprised if we have one up here. I see Boris is already starting to backtrack on the issue - truly we are living in end-times.

I feel it would've been better if we'd made the decision to have "circuit-breaker" lockdowns over the October school breaks back when SAGE first advised it on Sept 21 - then we could have had a co-ordinated UK wide approach with the reasons spelled out well in advance.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

One of our sage SAGE advisors Chris Whitty recently gave the estimate below which if correct would be 4 or 5 times what we are currently experiencing...

We did our bit in the first lockdown but due to the lack of a decent test&trace system find ourselves at the forefront of the resurgence of the virus in Europe - we seem to be heading in the direction of "circuit-breaker" mini lockdowns with Wales already indicating they're going down that route, I don't see Nicola being outdone by any puny leek eater so I wouldn't be surprised if we have one up here. I see Boris is already starting to backtrack on the issue - truly we are living in end-times.

I feel it would've been better if we'd made the decision back when SAGE first advised it on Sept 21 - then we could have had a co-ordinated UK wide approach with the reasons spelled out well in advance.

Nothing I can find to back that up. :blink:

It would, IMO, be a rather surprising number, so far away from published numbers it seems rather far fetched. 

The numbers at that time were at best 5,000, 100,000 is even more far fetched that I imagined. :lol:

When does The Season of Influenza officially begin ?

It seems to have started in the last few weeks.

Do they in the know still call it Influenza or has it been renamed summat else, like Covid nnnnnnnninefeckenteen ?

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nothing I can find to back that up. :blink:

It would, IMO, be a rather surprising number, so far away from published numbers it seems rather far fetched. 

The numbers at that time were at best 5,000, 100,000 is even more far fetched that I imagined. :lol:

How many times have you posted that the higher number of cases now is down to increased testing?

Well current cases are running at 15-20k per day - multiply that by 4 or 5 and we're in the ballpark of 100.000 cases some days in March/April that Whitty is talking about.

17 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

How many times have you posted that the higher number of cases now is down to increased testing?

Well current cases are running at 15-20k per day - multiply that by 4 or 5 and we're in the ballpark of 100.000 cases some days in March/April that Whitty is talking about.

Never reached 20,00 ANY day, never mind AVERAGE, which you liked a few days ago.

I don't think I said the numbers were down to the number of tests, but it could be a reason. 

So, you're saying that despite us testing more than any other European country we're seeing an average of just under 16,000 and you REALLY think we were having 100,000 a day?

The USA, quite a big country, averaged just under 70,000 at it's peak and you REALLY think we had 100,000? :lol:

If you chose to believe this, fire on, I'm just interested why?