Jump to content

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, theknickerwetter said:

When I say the 'narrative' l refer to the one being currently pushed by MasturGates( the unelected, technocrat , eugenicist, with no medical background) , WHO (financed by MasturGates and run by failed Marxist politician Tedros who clearly favours the CCP ) , Imperial College London (financed by MasturGates) and promulaged by the instruments of the lamestream media like BBC and the Guardian both of which were also given money by , yup you should have guessed it by now , Mastur Gates who is very determined that , you can get your life back and go and see your team again as long as you buy his snake oil

 

ETA ; Dr C.Whitty ( remember we will flatten the curve?) also got £40m from Mastur Gates . What are the chances that the good doc will do as asked?

Myths and conspiracy’s are fairy tales for adults. They have filled the void that was left by the decline of Organised religion, it gives some people the Sense that the world makes sense. Like religious stories there is no proof that they are real or ever happened. I look at the text above and ask, where is the proof? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myths and conspiracy’s are fairy tales for adults. They have filled the void that was left by the decline of Organised religion, it gives some people the Sense that the world makes sense. Like religious stories there is no proof that they are real or ever happened. I look at the text above and ask, where is the proof? 
It's on t'internet, so it MUST be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump Doctor says he is now "72 hours into diagnosis". Trump initially tweeted he was positive at 6am BST yesterday.

72 hours ago was Wednesday, the morning after the debate with Biden and Trump was still attending rallies and indoor fundraisers on Thursday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

What about the Scottish Health minister that compromised her own and families 'safety ' by breaking house arrest rules a couple of months ago ?? Is it because she didn't give a f**k about her families safety or is that she knew there was no danger ?

Not a minister still, truth, good story, etc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2020 at 9:55 PM, faraway saint said:

Despite the cases rising for over 5 weeks the death rate is still very low, compared to the same number of cases back in April.

I really can't see the number of deaths reaching the same numbers we had back in mid April. 

This is my belief too. Partly to do with more care taken by and on behalf of the elderly and, unfortunate though it was, the fact that many of those most vulnerable to complications had succumbed during the so called first wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

This is my belief too. Partly to do with more care taken by and on behalf of the elderly and, unfortunate though it was, the fact that many of those most vulnerable to complications had succumbed during the so called first wave.

The numbers certainly support this.

We are now ABOVE the average number of cases, probably down to more testing, that back in March/April and the fatalities are not even close to the numbers at that point. 

image.png.7bf0959f8d5c8bb6b7beafb9702f13a9.png

image.png.bff995e003f602c73c38fdee7d42a54e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The numbers certainly support this.

We are now ABOVE the average number of cases, probably down to more testing, that back in March/April and the fatalities are not even close to the numbers at that point. 

image.png.7bf0959f8d5c8bb6b7beafb9702f13a9.png

image.png.bff995e003f602c73c38fdee7d42a54e.png

None of that will stop NS going for another lockdown this week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hendo said:

None of that will stop NS going for another lockdown this week.

 

I hope she doesn't. The science that seems to be running this is concentrating on numbers of cases which, given the massive jump in testing, needs to be looked at in that light and take into consideration the numbers badly affected by the virus. IMO the so called experts are loving this just a bit too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I hope she doesn't. The science that seems to be running this is concentrating on numbers of cases which, given the massive jump in testing, needs to be looked at in that light and take into consideration the numbers badly affected by the virus. IMO the so called experts are loving this just a bit too much.

Had raised exactly this point in a discussion with some people earlier.

The end result, either serious illness or deaths, do not warrant further restrictions.

The "wait and see" brigade are ignoring the numbers I posted earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Had raised exactly this point in a discussion with some people earlier.

The end result, either serious illness or deaths, do not warrant further restrictions.

The "wait and see" brigade are ignoring the numbers I posted earlier. 

There is no "wait and see", while I accept that the number of positive cases recorded is largely down to a far greater number of tests being done now the number of hospitalisations and deaths is going so that argument is out of the window.

Going back to your graph I'd criticize it for the y-axis including the first wave (April-June) going up to 1500 as it obscures what is happening at present - hospitalizations & deaths increasing.

********************

Regarding present policy it's a bit of a shambles both at Westminster and Holyrood - letting 1st year students into Halls of Residence designed for communal living was, erm. a folly which should have been foreseeable & the 10pm bar curfew seem to ignore what the public are prepared to accept.

As for future policy my inclinations as ever are to err on the side of caution, however it's pointless trying to persuade people to do what they are unwilling to do. I'd probably be inclined to argue for some sorta full lockdown (2 weeks) around Christmas as it already seems to be pretty much that way for those industries and services that can afford it but the benefits would have to be explained and it would have to be announced soon rather than on the Winter Solstice when I will be following my customary practice of shagging virgins at my local Stone Circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

There is no "wait and see", while I accept that the number of positive cases recorded is largely down to a far greater number of tests being done now the number of hospitalisations and deaths is going so that argument is out of the window.

Going back to your graph I'd criticize it for the y-axis including the first wave (April-June) going up to 1500 as it obscures what is happening at present - hospitalizations & deaths increasing.

********************

Regarding present policy it's a bit of a shambles both at Westminster and Holyrood - letting 1st year students into Halls of Residence designed for communal living was, erm. a folly which should have been foreseeable & the 10pm bar curfew seem to ignore what the public are prepared to accept.

As for future policy my inclinations as ever are to err on the side of caution, however it's pointless trying to persuade people to do what they are unwilling to do. I'd probably be inclined to argue for some sorta full lockdown (2 weeks) around Christmas as it already seems to be pretty much that way for those industries and services that can afford it but the benefits would have to be explained and it would have to be announced soon rather than on the Winter Solstice when I will be following my customary practice of shagging virgins at my local Stone Circle.

The big question here is, to indulge in your solstice pastime, how do you tell which sheep are virgins?

Edited by stlucifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

There is no "wait and see", while I accept that the number of positive cases recorded is largely down to a far greater number of tests being done now the number of hospitalisations and deaths is going so that argument is out of the window.

Going back to your graph I'd criticize it for the y-axis including the first wave (April-June) going up to 1500 as it obscures what is happening at present - hospitalizations & deaths increasing.

********************

Regarding present policy it's a bit of a shambles both at Westminster and Holyrood - letting 1st year students into Halls of Residence designed for communal living was, erm. a folly which should have been foreseeable & the 10pm bar curfew seem to ignore what the public are prepared to accept.

As for future policy my inclinations as ever are to err on the side of caution, however it's pointless trying to persuade people to do what they are unwilling to do. I'd probably be inclined to argue for some sorta full lockdown (2 weeks) around Christmas as it already seems to be pretty much that way for those industries and services that can afford it but the benefits would have to be explained and it would have to be announced soon rather than on the Winter Solstice when I will be following my customary practice of shagging virgins at my local Stone Circle.

What possible justification is there for a 2week full lockdown?

And why at Christmas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

There is no "wait and see", while I accept that the number of positive cases recorded is largely down to a far greater number of tests being done now the number of hospitalisations and deaths is going so that argument is out of the window.

Going back to your graph I'd criticize it for the y-axis including the first wave (April-June) going up to 1500 as it obscures what is happening at present - hospitalizations & deaths increasing.

********************

Regarding present policy it's a bit of a shambles both at Westminster and Holyrood - letting 1st year students into Halls of Residence designed for communal living was, erm. a folly which should have been foreseeable & the 10pm bar curfew seem to ignore what the public are prepared to accept.

As for future policy my inclinations as ever are to err on the side of caution, however it's pointless trying to persuade people to do what they are unwilling to do. I'd probably be inclined to argue for some sorta full lockdown (2 weeks) around Christmas as it already seems to be pretty much that way for those industries and services that can afford it but the benefits would have to be explained and it would have to be announced soon rather than on the Winter Solstice when I will be following my customary practice of shagging virgins at my local Stone Circle.

These numbers are NOT even close to the numbers in March and April.

Look at the way the numbers of deaths went in relation to the cases back in the early months? 

Up to 1500? 

Obscured? The number of hospitalizations are not obscured, they are not included in these graphs. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

What possible justification is there for a 2week full lockdown?

And why at Christmas?

It's already been argued to counter a resurgence in infections at half-term but as I said it's probably too late for that now.

As for Xmas as I said many businesses shut down before Xmas & don't open till after the new year - my prior company (vascular grafts) halted production with only a few people coming in to do maintenance. A virtual Xmas might be better than the traditional family get togethers but like I said the benefits would have to be well explained and in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

These numbers are NOT even close to the numbers in March and April.

Look at the way the numbers of deaths went in relation to the cases back in the early months? 

Up to 1500? 

Obscured? The number of hospitalizations are not obscured, they are not included in these graphs. :blink:

Did I say they were?

They're clearly on the increase.

Look at your graph - the y-axis (the one that goes up) goes up to 1500. :whistle

Fair enough but hospitalizations are still rising, currently 2184 an increase of 684 on the previous week - it's not as if the two figures are unrelated as I had mentioned in the prior sentence.

***************

There is no "wait and see" we're going into winter with all the trends going in the wrong direction and people pissed of with poor decision making and flagrant breaches of the rules by prominent figures.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Did I say they were?

They're clearly on the increase.

Look at your graph - the y-axis (the one that goes up) goes up to 1500. :whistle

Fair enough but hospitalizations are still rising, currently 2184 an increase of 684 on the previous week - it's not as if the two figures are unrelated as I had mentioned in the prior sentence.

Aye, but not proportionally to the same numbers of cases back in the early days.

The graph goes to 1500, the numbers don't. :lol:

This is the key issue for me, governments are reacting to cases with nothing to suggest these rises will see the rises in the requirements for ICU or the numbers of deaths. 

I understand your "err on the side of caution" view but we should be looking at further relaxing the current guidelines, not worrying about anything close to a full lockdown, Christmas or anytime. 

 

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, but not proportionally to the same numbers of vases back in the early days.

The graph goes to 1500, the numbers don't. :lol:

This is the key issue for me, governments are reacting to cases with nothing to suggest these rises will see the rises in the requirements for ICU or the numbers of deaths. 

I understand your "err on the side of caution" view but we should be looking at further relaxing the current guidelines, not worrying about anything close to a full lockdown, Christmas or anytime. 

 

The scale of the y-axis affects how the figures are viewed - it's a well know presentational trick when it comes to statistics.

https://www.callingbullshit.org/tools/tools_misleading_axes.html

**********************

Quote

Conclusion

In summary, data visualizations tell stories. Relatively subtle choices, such as the range of the axes in a bar chart or line graph, can have a big impact on the story that a figure tells. When you look at data graphics, you want to ask yourself whether the graph has been designed to tell a story that accurately reflects the underlying data, or whether it has been designed to tell a story more closely aligned with what the designer would like you to believe.

 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What possible justification is there for a 2week full lockdown?

And why at Christmas?

The days are short and folk generally can’t be arsed leaving the hoose 🍺🍷🍔

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not important. :byebye

Of course it's important.

Bud the Baker is right. Your graph is misleading.

You should stick to sarky comments. Your lack of ability to understand even the most basic of graphs is embarassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The scale of the y-axis affects how the figures are viewed - it's a well know presentational trick when it comes to statistics.

https://www.callingbullshit.org/tools/tools_misleading_axes.html

**********************

 

The range of the axis is due to the previous numbers. FS was using it to compare so the axis could only be reduced to somewhere in the region of  1200. IF you want to show the rise over the last 2 weeks or so that's a totally different argument but it still wouldn't convince me the route taken should be another lockdown. 

Edited by stlucifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The days are short and folk generally can’t be arsed leaving the hoose 🍺🍷🍔

 

 

The previous lockdown lasted 4 months I think.

Those advocating a 2 week shutdown in 3 months time need to explain the logic behind that.

I'd say "explain the science" but there is no credible science now behind any of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...