Coronavirus

faraway saint

52 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:
A feck up by the Scottish government seems to have bypassed some of the Tartan terrors on here.ย 
Test & protect figures all to feck..............................emoji38.png

Of course we all want accuracy but what it didn't explain clearly was that they were still operating above the WHO guidelines where that at least 80% of new cases must have their close contacts traced and quarantined within 72 hours of case confirmation.

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, what about 24 hours.ย :lol:

image.png.7eee1f197a15dd222595ddd57ca3566e.png

image.thumb.png.23664929185a726897d6ed00730c3ba0.png

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, what about 24 hours.ย [emoji38]
image.png.7eee1f197a15dd222595ddd57ca3566e.png
image.thumb.png.23664929185a726897d6ed00730c3ba0.png
I'd rather there was no need for it, if there is then I'd rather they could have everything done immediately never mind 24 hours.

I see there is 1 council in Scotland that has told teachers to turn off the track and trace app when they're working. [emoji50]

8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I'd rather there was no need for it, if there is then I'd rather they could have everything done immediately never mind 24 hours.

I see there is 1 council in Scotland that has told teachers to turn off the track and trace app when they're working. emoji50.png

Aye, I'm just scunnered with the whole fecking mess.

Could be more than one..........................

She also said Aberdeen City Council was wrong to tell its teachers to switch off the Protect Scotland contact tracing app amid concerns about its accuracy.

A letter sent out by the council to schools said teachers had wrongly been told to self-isolate by the app and advised that they remove or disable it when in school buildings. Monica Lennon, Scottish Labour's health spokeswoman, said she was aware of similar advice being issued in other parts of the country.

Aye, I'm just scunnered with the whole fecking mess.
Could be more than one..........................

She also said Aberdeen City Council was wrong to tell its teachers to switch off the Protect Scotland contact tracing app amid concerns about its accuracy.

A letter sent out by the council to schools said teachers had wrongly been told to self-isolate by the app and advised that they remove or disable it when in school buildings. Monica Lennon, Scottish Labour's health spokeswoman, said she was aware of similar advice being issued in other parts of the country.

Aberdeen CC did tell their teachers to turn the app off however they cited ample mitigation as the reason not accuracy. ACC are at it, they are openly anti SNP and to claim teachers dont need a contract tracing app as they have made sufficient mitigation in their schools (ie made them safe enough to not need the added protection) is laughable on the part of that Council. Any employer telling workers to turn it off are Kuntz plain and simple.

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Cases continue to stay pretty stable, as I've been saying for a couple of weeks.ย :rolleyes:

Deaths still slowly rising, hopefully they should start to ease of in the next week, following the trends in cases.ย 

Itโ€™s been pretty well documented that the number of positive tests is now a bit of a red herring (to an extent, not completely)ย with the number of people asymptomatic & increased testing. Statistics even point this out sometimes to differentiate from when there was limited testing to lots of testing.ย 
ย 

The most telling figures will remain the hospital/ ICU admissions & deaths. Unfortunately the number of deaths is not levelling out yet which was quite obvious to manyย of us. ย 
Unfortunately itโ€™s seeming more & more likely a large number ofย people Willย die over the coming weeks to the end of the year as I predicted (80k+ by end of second week in January). Lets hope the lockdown measures lowers this into December, the toothpaste is out of the tube for November sadly.ย 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Itโ€™s been pretty well documented that the number of positive tests is now a bit of a red herring (to an extent, not completely)ย with the number of people asymptomatic & increased testing. Statistics even point this out sometimes to differentiate from when there was limited testing to lots of testing.ย 
ย 

The most telling figures will remain the hospital/ ICU admissions & deaths. Unfortunately the number of deaths is not levelling out yet which was quite obvious to manyย of us. ย 
Unfortunately itโ€™s seeming more & more likely a large number ofย people Willย die over the coming weeks to the end of the year as I predicted (80k+ by end of second week in January). Lets hope the lockdown measures lowers this into December, the toothpaste is out of the tube for November sadly.ย 

Oh, ok, so now you don't like the number of cases because they aren't going up which fits in with your desire to see thigs getting worse?ย ย :blink:

Admissions to hospital are also on the decline, you must be really upset.ย 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54535938

80k by mid January would need 535 people EVERY day, I take it you don't understand the probability of that asย you would see it's unlikely, which is an understatement? Currently just over 50k.ย 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Back onto ignore for a while, you're a simpleton.ย ย :byebye

ย 

Edited by faraway saint

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, ok, so now you don't like the number of cases because they aren't going up which fits in with your desire to see thigs getting worse?ย ย :blink:

80k by mid January would need 535 people EVERY day, I take it you don't understand the probability of that asย you would see it's unlikely, which is an understatement? Currently just over 50k.ย 

ย 

The deaths are rising at a rate where I will be right (if it continues, let's hope it doesn't), I never made any comment on the "cases" because like I say, it's a bit of a red herring which most people accept. You confusing a prediction of mine coming true with a desire for it to come true, it's ridiculous and nothing more than a coping mechanism so if you are wrong you can go "ah he's pure happy at the deaths" it won't work.ย 

Great news on the hospital side of things, I would be delighted to be wrong but that is just Scotland, the point will be met mainly in England where deaths are still rising at a very worrying rate.ย 

Cases are doubling roughly every 16ย to 18ย days roughly right now, that "probability" will rely on deaths slowing which isn't happening at a fast enough pace. It isn't unlikely at all hence why people far more knowledgeable in the subject than you and I are predicting it.ย 

No doubt we'll see your wee ignorant delight posts on the days that you just can't get into your head that reporting dips.ย 

Looks like you jumped over step 1 & 2 this time.ย 

1. Say you're going to stop responding and arguing with the person
  2. Keep responding and arguing with them a bit longer
  3. Put the person on ignore (make sure you announce it to everyone)
  4. Still follow almost every response to the person and bring the person up in completely unrelated topics, often bringing up long dead argument points you already said youโ€™d stop arguing with them over
  5. Take the person off ignore and repeat from step one
Edited by bazil85

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

ย 

We've been telling him that the number of cases was irrelevant and that only deaths and hospital admissions mattered for months. He's argued until he was blue in the face the exact opposite.

Now because cases are levelling out he's completely changed his argument to agree that deaths and hospital admissions are the key thing without acknowledging those who argued that case ages ago.

It's like the argument about there being no route out of this where people didn't die all over again. All of a sudden months later he starts saying the same thing without acknowledging those who changed his mind.

Working or living with someone like him must be a nightmare.

Edited by oaksoft

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We've been telling him that the number of cases was irrelevant and that only deaths and hospital admissions mattered for months. He's argued until he was blue in the face the exact opposite.

Now because cases are levelling out he's completely changed his argument to agree that deaths and hospital admissions are the key thing without acknowledging those who argued that case ages ago.

It's like the argument about there being no route out of this where people didn't die all over again. All of a sudden months later he starts saying the same thing without acknowledging those who changed his mind.

This post is completely false, it is actually the opposite of what has happened. I am fully aware that reported cases are not as relevant now given more testing and have not claimed otherwise. You seem to have completely missed that it's FS arguing for the relevance in cases levelling out not me.ย 

Your second point, I have always had the view there isn't a way out of this where people don't die. You arrogantly took credit for telling me this, I told you it wasn't true and challenged you to show when this apparent event happened, you couldn't.ย 

Seems clear you are resorting to lies as my prediction seems more and more likely, very sad and bitter individual.ย 

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Don't drag me into his ever growing complicated debateย 

Let's agree to leave the ignore function ON. ๐Ÿ˜‚

54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't drag me into his ever growing complicated debateย 

Let's agree to leave the ignore function ON. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Wonโ€™t make any difference, you both have such a wild obsession with me that extends to lies, arrogance, & ignorance at what Iโ€™ve posted, most of what I say will get to you anyway.ย :whistle

Glad I could unite two of the most ill informed posters on BAWA though ๐Ÿ˜‚

44 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Oh FFS, don't tell him you've put him on ignore, he'll try to claim it as some type of victory.ย :wacko:

Ignoring the fact you announced youโ€™d put me on ignore ๐Ÿ˜‚ itโ€™s a key step in the BAWA ignore guide.ย 
ย 

The fact people put me on ignore yet continue to draw attention to my posts does seem a bit like that, well put.ย 

Canโ€™tย quite let go of the obsession, yet an easy way to avoid being called out on their lies and ignorance. ๐Ÿ‘

22 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You're all bad men, you are only posting for him to bite.

Put the rods away and step back from the device, that's an order.

Listen to me sounding all authoritarian. emoji23.png

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ very true. Putting someone on ignore is far from ignoring a person. My bad for collectively upsetting them with common sense, fact & disagreement with their agendas.ย 

30 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Hmmm. I notice that there is no plural. I guess you must have managed one fact during this discussion. Well done.

Mixture between Slartis trivial & the FS nitpicking, who needs them ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Thanks for quoting him, what an absolute brammer he is.ย :lol:

Gagging to be involved with me. Just canโ€™t handle my capability to challenge him in discussion.ย 
ย 

tap out merchant ๐Ÿ˜‚