Coronavirus

faraway saint

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Out a walk on this glorious day on the Ayrshire coast, gets to the entrance to the first golf club to see a bus load unloading the days "cargo" along with their clubs from a bus based in Penicuick. That's pushing the ok to travel for exercise (clearly 2 cases of Bud was required in their "regime") well beyond the limits, they are on a jolly !

That's disappointing AS as i had heard that the municipal courses in each of the Ayrshire areas were requiring proof of address showing they were locals before play. I can't imagine many private clubs have tee availability for non-members at the moment especially at weekends.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

As expected the lockdown is now having a downward effect on hospital cases with the virus, I'm sure we'll all be glad when this works it's way through to deaths.

Absolutely, that's what we all want right now, the death rate to come down. Sadly the way recording works and actually showing symptoms of the virus, we still might see a bump regarding the pre English lockdown week where too many muppets treated it like children and the last days of a school holiday :( 

Hopefully we do see the benefits because right now unless there's a fall, the averages will see us hit 80,000 deaths by around the 10th - 12th January as I predicted (too much ridicule from a tiny minority) 

That's disappointing AS as i had heard that the municipal courses in each of the Ayrshire areas were requiring proof of address showing they were locals before play. I can't imagine many private clubs have tee availability for non-members at the moment especially at weekends.

It wasn't a municipal but I won't be naming publicly . I'm surprised too as the club in questions car park was overflowing, so much so the bus was parked 100m or so down the road.

http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test-johnstone

Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing for people in Johnstone

You can get a test for coronavirus (COVID-19) if you live, work or go to school in Johnstone.

This test is only for people who have no symptoms of COVID-19 (asymptomatic).

Testing is available from Wednesday 2 to Wednesday 9 December, including Saturday and Sunday, in Johnstone Town Hall, from 8am to 8pm each day.

You don't need to book a test. You can just drop into the testing centre when it's open.

The test takes about one hour, including getting your result.

If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus you should book a test through the NHS.

The nearest NHS testing centre for people with symptoms of COVID-19 is at Paisley Airport.

UNICEF predicts that lockdown will kill 1.2 million children.

Lockdown is a policy pushed by the middle class left working from home on full pay at the expense of the working class, at the expense of the poor and at the expense of the elderly and the vulnerable.

Its a policy that is killing many times more people than it will save. 

They are killing people and destroying livelihoods for the sake of their virtue. 

Edited by Sue Denim

One of the best things about the current situation is that’s it’s really easy to get a taxi home on a Saturday night when we go over to our friend’s house most Saturday nights. 3 households present at our wee night last night.🍺🍺🍺

I refuse to follow lockdown restrictions and I will never wear a mask. 😘

53 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

One of the best things about the current situation is that’s it’s really easy to get a taxi home on a Saturday night when we go over to our friend’s house most Saturday nights. 3 households present at our wee night last night.🍺🍺🍺

Superb...im with u👍👍👍

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

I thought at the "parties" you go to, mask wearing was compulsory?

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said England's national restrictions have been “really tough” on everyone – but the “good news is they've been working” and the virus is back under control

He cited a study from Imperial College London which says coronavirus infections in England have fallen by about a third during lockdown

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy

Cases in the PCR false positive pseudo second wave were on the way down before even tiers began, never mind lockdown 

74B531F3-FB35-4955-80F3-4DC931499E45.jpeg

The PCR false positive pseudo epidemic explained by Dr Mike Yeadon, former Chief Scientific Officer at Pfizer 

https://lockdownsceptics.org/the-pcr-false-positive-pseudo-epidemic/

I don’t agree with him on a asymptomatic transmission however.

Asymptomatic transmission was the main driver in my opinion.

It was all over in the summer though, restrictions came too late to make any difference.

Lockdown is an assault on the working class by the middle class left.

Edited by Sue Denim

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Switzerland halves new infections without national lockdown as pubs and restaurants stay open

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/switzerland-halves-infections-without-national-154343855.html

Have you read the article & not just the headline?

• But critics have charged that the success came at too high a price, after the country experienced some of the highest death rates in Europe.
  • Switzerland’s cantons were allowed to decide their own restrictions at a regional level. While some, such as Geneva, ordered a full lockdown, other major cities such as Zurich and Bern allowed restaurants, pubs and gyms to remain open throughout.
  • The development of the past few weeks is positive, but we shouldn't fool ourselves,” he said. “The decline in infections was primarily observed in cantons that previously had high numbers of cases. These cantons took additional measures.
  • The Swiss special way has worked. The slowdown has reversed the infection trend. Now we have to stick with it.” Thomas Steffen, a Swiss government medical advisor, told a press conference last week. But he cautioned that the figures showed the effectiveness of targeted regional lockdowns.

To me it's an endorsement of lockdown measures, with a misleading headline to please the gammonistas who read The Telegraph. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bud the Baker

28 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

• But critics have charged that the success came at too high a price, after the country experienced some of the highest death rates in Europe.
  • Switzerland’s cantons were allowed to decide their own restrictions at a regional level. While some, such as Geneva, ordered a full lockdown, other major cities such as Zurich and Bern allowed restaurants, pubs and gyms to remain open throughout.
  • The development of the past few weeks is positive, but we shouldn't fool ourselves,” he said. “The decline in infections was primarily observed in cantons that previously had high numbers of cases. These cantons took additional measures.
  • The Swiss special way has worked. The slowdown has reversed the infection trend. Now we have to stick with it.” Thomas Steffen, a Swiss government medical advisor, told a press conference last week. But he cautioned that the figures showed the effectiveness of targeted regional lockdowns.

To me it's an endorsement of lockdown measures, with a misleading headline to please the gammonistas who read The Telegraph. :rolleyes:

if only there was an emoji of an arse being handed to someone on a plate😅

17 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The PCR false positive pseudo epidemic explained by Dr Mike Yeadon, former Chief Scientific Officer at Pfizer 

https://lockdownsceptics.org/the-pcr-false-positive-pseudo-epidemic/

I don’t agree with him on a asymptomatic transmission however.

Asymptomatic transmission was the main driver in my opinion.

It was all over in the summer though, restrictions came too late to make any difference.

Lockdown is an assault on the working class by the middle class left.

can you please offer the credentials on which you base the difference of opinion you have with Dr Yeadon and the research that you have done to support your "opinion" that asymptomatic transmission was the main spreader?  I don't disagree with that, based on the research that other people have done, but i'm interested to see how you came to that strong and independent view.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Aye, and it's showed they are, now, hammering it. 

They went through a tough time, like most countries, but are, at this point, seeing dramatic drop in numbers WITHOUT Draconian measures. 

By not unfairly killing businesses that actually contribute very little to the spread. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

can you please offer the credentials on which you base the difference of opinion you have with Dr Yeadon and the research that you have done to support your "opinion" that asymptomatic transmission was the main spreader?  I don't disagree with that, based on the research that other people have done, but i'm interested to see how you came to that strong and independent view.

If Dr Yeadon was correct, then false positive should be high (they are not actually false positives, they are non infections positives with no virus but with fragment RNA in his explanation) , and repeat tests of those false positive should also be positive. However, in cohorts where repeat tests are taken (Care home workers and residents, previously positive patients awaiting hospital discharge) we find that after around the expected period 10-14 from first positive test, we get these all these cases giving negative results. 

Edited by insaintee